Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screens of a World I find Amazing!

Comments

• blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

Originally posted by Alouisious
    Ppl wanted to know why you could post all the screenies you wanted but Farlan put a ban on screenies to everybody else. You stated that these were beta, then SOG, then in one you said it was from DNL because you didnt recognize whatever it was that was in the ss.

You need to prove that any of these screenies was exclusive and no one else could have posted them, check each screens property to get it's source, then get back to me

That screen you refered too was freely available from the official web site, anyone could use it. At the time I hadn't seen that beastie in SoG, but it was later revieled it was at an event. For all I knew it was a promo screenie from DnL, and I shared my thoughts nothing more. Never the less it was not an exclusive ss, check the ss's properties and see for yourself if your not just intent on lying/decieving

If your not intent on lying, you will admit your wrong once you do a property check... waiting on an apology

Saying something over and over doesn't make it true

Looking forward to your apology if you are honest

To make it easy, below is the pics address  

First posted on page 49 of this thread March 15, originally posted on the official DnL site March 14

This is it's address: http://www.darkandlight.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10008/Dragon%20Fight.jpg

Where to find it on the official DnL site: http://www.darkandlight.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=207&pos=30

• BadTBadT Member Posts: 84

Black, you owe THOUSANDS of people an apology for the shill you really are and what you did to mislead anyone you came across about this game.

Give that apology and maybe, just maybe, you might get your own self respect back.

• blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045
    ^ great defence
  • elitwebbelitwebb Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by blacksac

Saying something over and over doesn't make it true

You mean like you saying that DnL is a good game?
  • _Pix__Pix_ Member Posts: 276

To add my contribution to this very interesting sticky thread, I would like to point that some screenshots were made thanks to a 3D editor tool (written a few years ago and used to develop a car race product, in 1999).

Here are 2 examples:

http://www.darkandlight.net/sog/newsletter/screens/n2.jpg

And

http://www.darkandlight.net/sog/newsletter/screens/f3.jpg

These were made with the tool (e.g note the postures of the toons and the general quality of the objects).

You can see here how the tool works:

http://www.viewterra.com/video/ETool.wmv

Very easy to build a scene, and then say this is "in-game".

• virtuellavirtuella Member UncommonPosts: 699

Originally posted by _Pix_

To add my contribution to this very interesting sticky thread, I would like to point that some screenshots were made thanks to a 3D editor tool (written a few years ago and used to develop a car race product, in 1999).
    Here are 2 examples:
    http://www.darkandlight.net/sog/newsletter/screens/n2.jpg
    And
    http://www.darkandlight.net/sog/newsletter/screens/f3.jpg
    These were made with the tool (e.g note the postures of the toons and the general quality of the objects).
    You can see here how the tool works:
    http://www.viewterra.com/video/ETool.wmv
    Very easy to build a scene, and then say this is "in-game".

Btw is that tool the one they use for making ingame cities,spawns etc or was it just created to make pretty scenarioes Quickly?
    If it's what they use ingame,then i really can understand why the game is so empty.
    Looks pretty easy to use.

• _Pix__Pix_ Member Posts: 276

I guess they are still using that tool to build all the in-game scenes. It allows to work much more faster than a classic 2D tool, since you can see the result in 3D real-time and check if your scene is working fine by testing it in real-time. Very usefull for a GD. 

But of course, thanks to procedural algorithms, you don't need to plant manually the vegetation coz all is done automatically by the process. Even small villages are build thanks to automatic procedures.

• ricklowdisricklowdis Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by _Pix_

I guess they are still using that tool to build all the in-game scenes. It allows to work much more faster than a classic 2D tool, since you can see the result in 3D real-time and check if your scene is working fine by testing it in real-time. Very usefull for a GD. 
    But of course, thanks to procedural algorithms, you don't need to plant manually the vegetation coz all is done automatically by the process. Even small villages are build thanks to automatic procedures.

I think they've been using a tool alright

I don't think its related to the game in any way either

• DionyseusDionyseus Member Posts: 48
    I can't stop laughing at all the liars in this thread who claimed that this game looks better than AC2 and Lineage 2. 
  • Pierre-LucPierre-Luc Member Posts: 3

yeah,i agree with you.Thank you so perfect picture.I like so much

But do you like play the game?what attract you play game?i have a good site,do you have interesting to see it?intergame99.com  haha^^

• GozzarGozzar Member UncommonPosts: 387
    "Screens of a World I find Amazing!"

heh.. maybe amazing in amazingly unamazing way

• ironoreironore Member CommonPosts: 957

IronOre - Forging the Future

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604
    Sure! Thousands of accounts still being charged even when its been cancelled !!! Go ahead, try it! LMAO!!!!!  THen you can see allll the photoshopped screenies for what they realllly are!!! Oh and without _Pix's_ help, the engine they stole from him and their inexperienced incompetent team who claim to have developed it, you can see the mess they made of that! (disjointed buildings, lopsided stuff, LOL its a gas! )
  • MemenetteMemenette Member Posts: 12
    Ack, double post. Sorry!
  • irish97irish97 Member Posts: 85

• DamillionDamillion Member Posts: 8
    Looks like another of the new MMO:s. A great world and very poor graphics when it comes to your character.

"One voice, one but not alone"

• GraySealGraySeal Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I appreciated you bringing all of those pictures to this thread blacksac.   I also share your disappointment that the development team did not bring their ideas to fruitation.  Your opinions have always been reserved and truthful.  It was good to have this one thread here that had some information rather than whining.
  • kano71kano71 Member Posts: 207
    someone should of done jail time for what went down
  • cdcoll1nscdcoll1ns Member Posts: 18

Just took a look at this thread again... the hype for this game early on was huge.  I thought the screens were cool and the world was unique.  

It's a shame it died.

• Aquahammer15Aquahammer15 Member Posts: 11
    Ahh what could have been.....I am still dreaming that this game came out and was all that they promised it to be.....

Oh well, see you all in dreamland

-Game List-
    LOTRO - currently playing
    Travian - currently playing
    WoW - 1yr - Quit
    FFXI - 5mth. - Quit
    SWG - 3mth. - Quit
    Rappelz - 2mth - Retired
    Space Cowboy - 2mth - Retired
    Dark and Light - 1 day - Quit

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

wow just checked this out hehe..

those screen shots look amazing... shame the game dont look like that when playing hehe

• Shayde7Shayde7 Member Posts: 11

People seriously think these graphics are awesome???  You can't be serious....

• Amid18191Amid18191 Member Posts: 12

Nice screens;))

• devilflames3devilflames3 Member Posts: 12

The screens are nice but...The Graphics of this game aren't that good...I never saw that game before and it just repeals me because I think the gfx are Sherwood mmorpg like lol 

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by devilflames3

The screens are nice but...The Graphics of this game aren't that good...I never saw that game before and it just repeals me because I think the gfx are Sherwood mmorpg like lol 

are u aware of the fact that this thread is 3 years old?  :)

Played almost everything...
    Currently playing nothing...
    Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.