Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Ultima Online is still alive? :)

ScomberScomber Member Posts: 5
Many many years since I played this game, back then when every single buildable spot didnt have a house on it and you could meet a PK anywhere you went. I miss it, I stopped playing when that strange 3D version came out, dont quite remember why but UO was the first mmorpg I tried =)

So I was wondering hows it going with UO? Is it still alive and kickin' is it going to get an expansion or maybe UO 2 or something? image

Mmmm cookies...

Comments

• zazoiezazoie Member Posts: 25
    I just started playing for this first time and I cant get enough of it!  and yes UO: Reborn is coming...a new graphic engine and "surprises" are coming.....lots of stuff online about it.  Hope that helps a little.
  • max2008max2008 Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by Scomber
    Many many years since I played this game, back then when every single buildable spot didnt have a house on it and you could meet a PK anywhere you went. I miss it, I stopped playing when that strange 3D version came out, dont quite remember why but UO was the first mmorpg I tried =)

So I was wondering hows it going with UO? Is it still alive and kickin' is it going to get an expansion or maybe UO 2 or something? image

UO2 and UOX were both scrapped so a sequel soon is unlikely.However they have a revamped graphics which aren't great but a good improvement.
  • ScomberScomber Member Posts: 5
    Cool, maybe I should check out again then =) been a long time since last time. I liked that I could use all kinds of proffesions like tinkering, smithing and carpentry even ^^

Mmmm cookies...

• dlunasdlunas Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Yeah, the graphics look sweet.  I didn't play it before, because it looked a bit clunky, but apparently they're making it easier to deal with the interface?  I don't remember exactly what the article said.
  • DaMaDoDaMaDo Member Posts: 19
    I'd come back if they got rid of the stupid stat loss when you rez with more than 5 kills. It's felucca and people's items are blessed anyway so why the stat loss? I tried to get into it again but that stat loss made me lose 20 points of all my skills. Too many other good games out there to have to put up with the stat loss.
  • neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    Even though I am deep into play DDO right now, I got the 9th anniversary  for Christmas and think I will check it out between my DDO sessions.   What server do you guys suggest a guy roll on these days, thanks.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

Atlantic...it has the largest community. A lot of the other servers are pretty much dead. They would merge them but since you can place houses, people would be in uproar...slowly the community has been xferring chars to Altantic though and the pvp scene is yew moongate fel.
  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    i used to play on great lakes it still has quite a few players as well...mostly in brit area other than that everywhere else you're on your own...
    Atlantic is pretty packed...you'll see people almost everywhere you go.

And I stand corrected....there is no stat loss anymore. They actually got rid of that years ago lol.
  • bryanAbryanA Member Posts: 62
    I must add that it's completely different game now. Remember the Warrior template? Well forget it because you can no longer have a pure warrior you know need alot of other skills in order to compete. I am not saying the game is bad but I wish I could plaly a warrior template that doesnt require chiv/bush/ninju/magery. But I still pay to play I just whish yea...it was more UO
  • ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    I still play Europa, pretty full as well. Graphics never bothered me, I play 2D anyways in UO. The new Client looks cool, still needs a few tweaks here and there. Realy looking forward to it. Been playing UO for 7 years now, do try all the other mmorpgs as well though, one has to keep up with whats going on in the mmorpg world now. Having a second side mmorpg is quite refreshing I find. So far nothing has actually led me away from UO though, lol

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• ironoreironore Member CommonPosts: 957
    Really, how hard could it be for them to just dedicate ONE lousy official server to running the game in it's original form.  It would be interesting to see what would happen.  Heck they might just get a million subscriptions from all these young kids who were raised on stories of old UO and just want to see what all the fuss was about.  Of course actually non-consensual PvP might just be too much for the conditioning of todays MMORPGs.

IronOre - Forging the Future

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

People, especially kids, would eat it up, just like they did before!

Ultima Online was like the Grand Theft Auto of MMOGs.