Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kudo's to EVE on the Readers Choice Awards Sweep!

2»

Comments

• RebornDragonRebornDragon Member UncommonPosts: 121
    You're right. Why am I letting a poll that was completely skewed the day EvE advertised it on their site make me respond to close-minded people like you. Obviously, EvE won because it is such a superior game despite the player base count, which is what really counts. Congrats on an award that means absolutly nothing and is utterly tainted. I guess people like you need this kind of coverage to make you feel good. Congratualtions. Have fun with uh...whatever it was you got, because it certainly wasn't bragging rights.

And just a little fyi, I don't and haven't played WoW in awhile, I play EvE.

Also, the reason EvE put it on their site was in hopes of getting those extra people to vote so it could win. It is free publicity and advertising. They want more players because more players means more money. (though honestly, I do not believe money it what they are solely after, but more money is always good), and you can't beat free advertising. You don't have to believe me, I really couldn't care.
  • ssstupidossstupido Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by RebornDragon

You're right. Why am I letting a poll that was completely skewed the day EvE advertised it on their site make me respond to close-minded people like you. Obviously, EvE won because it is such a superior game despite the player base count, which is what really counts. Congrats on an award that means absolutly nothing and is utterly tainted. I guess people like you need this kind of coverage to make you feel good. Congratualtions. Have fun with uh...whatever it was you got, because it certainly wasn't bragging rights.

And just a little fyi, I don't and haven't played WoW in awhile, I play EvE.

Also, the reason EvE put it on their site was in hopes of getting those extra people to vote so it could win. It is free publicity and advertising. They want more players because more players means more money. (though honestly, I do not believe money it what they are solely after, but more money is always good), and you can't beat free advertising. You don't have to believe me, I really couldn't care.
    so, you are saying that a game with 165k subscribers is riggin a poll on a site where 510k members can vote? you are a genius
  • -Thraxor--Thraxor- Member UncommonPosts: 139

Blah Blah Blah

But
    Blah Blah Blah

And Blah Blah Blah

Also
    Blah Blah Blah

I think
    Blah Blah Blah

Ya know, thats what I see when I read your posts. I mean really, how many times can you endlessly repeat the same thing???

WoW has around 6m members.

EVE has about 300k.

If more people had voted for WoW it would of won, but they didn't.

The voting was on MMORPGs front page for weeks.

MMORPG.com has 510k members.

EVERYONE GETS THIS EXCEPT YOU.

LMAO one of the categories had a whopping total of under 6k votes, meaning most of the categories had about the same number of votes. That means only about 6k people took the time to vote for the awards. Any freaking game that had 3000 people vote for it could of won most of the categories.

AGAIN, EVERYONE GETS THIS EXCEPT YOU.

Yet you continue to post the same thing over and over and over again. "WoW would of won IF more people voted they have 6m players..."  and on and on.

Really???

Freaking Brilliant!!!!

I'm glad we have such an accomplished math wizard like yourself to point these things out for us....... I mean really, it's not like with under 6k votes for the contest that if a small percentage of the players from Runescape had voted it could of won some categories or anything......

But hey, why should any of that matter, after all we have you here to brilliantly point out for us again and again that:

" WOW has over 6m players!!#@!  OMG!@!#!#  They should of won for sure!!!!@##@ "

Ya know, after looking foolish so much in one thread most people would of quit posting long ago, and yet you are persistant and keep coming back playing the same old tune again, and again, and again.

Just when I start to think, "There's no way he'll post again", you come back and suprise me with another reply.  I have to say "Thanks", because really you've added in all kinds of amusement and suprise for me into a small thread I started giving some props to EVE for winning some awards at a website devoted to MMORPGS.

I'll be eagerly awaiting your reply for the next installment of, que drumroll, while a mysterious voice says:

"Useless Posts That Go Nowhere, Except in a Circle"

Congrats!!! I hereby give you my personal, Poster of the Week Award
  • lChaosllChaosl Member Posts: 40
    WoW has alot of subscribers, that doesn't make it a good game, that makes it a popular game. If 6 mil people drank poison would you say drinking poison is good?
    Originally posted by -Thraxor-

Blah Blah Blah

But
    Blah Blah Blah

And Blah Blah Blah

Also
    Blah Blah Blah

I think
    Blah Blah Blah

Ya know, thats what I see when I read your posts. I mean really, how many times can you endlessly repeat the same thing???

WoW has around 6m members.

EVE has about 300k.

If more people had voted for WoW it would of won, but they didn't.

The voting was on MMORPGs front page for weeks.

MMORPG.com has 510k members.

EVERYONE GETS THIS EXCEPT YOU.

LMAO one of the categories had a whopping total of under 6k votes, meaning most of the categories had about the same number of votes. That means only about 6k people took the time to vote for the awards. Any freaking game that had 3000 people vote for it could of won most of the categories.

AGAIN, EVERYONE GETS THIS EXCEPT YOU.

Yet you continue to post the same thing over and over and over again. "WoW would of won IF more people voted they have 6m players..."  and on and on.

Really???

Freaking Brilliant!!!!

I'm glad we have such an accomplished math wizard like yourself to point these things out for us....... I mean really, it's not like with under 6k votes for the contest that if a small percentage of the players from Runescape had voted it could of won some categories or anything......

But hey, why should any of that matter, after all we have you here to brilliantly point out for us again and again that:

" WOW has over 6m players!!#@!  OMG!@!#!#  They should of won for sure!!!!@##@ "

Ya know, after looking foolish so much in one thread most people would of quit posting long ago, and yet you are persistant and keep coming back playing the same old tune again, and again, and again.

Just when I start to think, "There's no way he'll post again", you come back and suprise me with another reply.  I have to say "Thanks", because really you've added in all kinds of amusement and suprise for me into a small thread I started giving some props to EVE for winning some awards at a website devoted to MMORPGS.

I'll be eagerly awaiting your reply for the next installment of, que drumroll, while a mysterious voice says:

"Useless Posts That Go Nowhere, Except in a Circle"

Congrats!!! I hereby give you my personal, Poster of the Week Award

And you keep going on like this award actually means anything. I mean you said  so yourself, how can a few thousand people (6000 as you so put it) be the ones to decide who is the best? You don't think the post on EvE's front page that was there for two weeks didn't help one single bit in the outcome of this vote? If not you have some serious problems going on in your head. I can't argue with someone so simple minded anymore. You win. Congratulations.
  • PegasusJFPegasusJF Member Posts: 268

And you keep going on like this award actually means anything. image I mean you said so yourself, how can a few thousand people (6000 as you so put it) be the ones to decide who is the best? You don't think the post on EvE's front page that was there for two weeks didn't help one single bit in the outcome of this vote? If not you have some serious problems going on in your head. I can't argue with someone so simple minded anymore. You win. Congratulations.

YOu're probably right there, it did help. My response is, so what? It's not immoral to campaign for votes. You shouldn't hold it against EVE or any other game that does that.

As far as your hypotheses of what Blizzard could have done, they are just that, hypotheses. That didn't happen and it's pointless to debate what could have happened if they did. Becuase even with that there is no guarantee that it would work.

Give it a rest.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    you keep going on like this award actually means anything. I mean you said  so yourself, how can a few thousand people (6000 as you so put it) be the ones to decide who is the best? You don't think the post on EvE's front page that was there for two weeks didn't help one single bit in the outcome of this vote? If not you have some serious problems going on in your head. I can't argue with someone so simple minded anymore. You win. Congratulations.

What part of "This is the EVE forum, not the WoW Forum" are you not getting?  The thread was a congrats to CCP on winning the award.  Not a debate of whether the award means anything.  Get over it already.  Everyone else has :)

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• SalvaSalva Member Posts: 12
    Congrats to CCP and the EVE playerbase just goes to show that EVE is a game that it's players care about.