Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

360 or pc

should i get the 360 ffxi or the pc ffxi amd one more question do more another 15$ to play the game on the 360

Comments

• lethalapelethalape Member Posts: 12

i got it for 360

i liked it

i have a life so i had to undownload it.  but ill keep it in my collection for when i do not have a life again

www.myspace.com/lethalapemusic

• THe_GAmE21THe_GAmE21 Member Posts: 33

did u pay an extra 15 bucks to play it online

• TelakiTelaki Member Posts: 361
    You pay $12.95/month Wheather you're on PC or 360, That doesn't change.
  • Eagler777Eagler777 Member Posts: 89
    when i came back recently, i was going to get it for 360 at first.  I also was hoping that since we pay $50 a year for xbox live that we wouldnt have to pay these monthly fees.. not the case tho, you will be paying for xbox live and FFXI.  I just got it on pc >.>
  • MatteusGMatteusG Member Posts: 21
    The fee is for Squareenix online game and has nothing to do with xbox live, you don't even need live to play it just a network connected 360. They are two separate things entirerly.

Ok let me make it a bit clearer then lol.

You do not need xbox live to play FFXI on a 360 you pay a fee for the game to SquareEnix, you can even play on all the three platforms 360/PS2/PC using your one account with one fee (altough not logged in multiple times on several platforms).

• FaythbreakerFaythbreaker Member Posts: 30

I think what the guy above you said is you have to pay for the Xbox live to be able to get online with FFXI,which is an extra 12.95. I may be mistaken.

I'd say go with PC, though.... I like it :)

• mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747
    there are plenty of pep that play it on the 360.  What i find halarious is that you think that something special has to happen since its on a console LMAO.  I am sitting her tring to figure out how you think it would be any differant
  • TheRPGPopeTheRPGPope Member Posts: 28

How are the graphics on the 360?  I know some of it depends on your TV, also how does the 360 unit handle the game?  is it up to par or a little underpowered?  Also does it harness the Voice Chat Feature of 360?

Those are some of the questions I had.

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613
    i would of said if you got a HDTV then FFXI would look alot better then PC ver.. and i use PC ver but will be going over to 360 soon

as for voice i have no idea on that aspect

Depending on your PC and monitor it can look better or wrose.

Technically you can get better quality on the PC if you alter the registry and change some settings that are out of scope of what is normally avaiable by the configuration tool.

I play on a powerhouse of a PC in 1920x1600 resolution on a 24" widescreen monitor and all cranked up settings and it looks better than on my 360 with 42" plasma.

• TheRPGPopeTheRPGPope Member Posts: 28
    Does it use the Voice Chat from your Xbox and does the Xbox handle the game fine?  or does it get a bit clunky when the particles go a flying?

It's the same kind of slowdowns as on a PC, like bard songs and such, it's a problem with the code rather than the hardware but it doesn't happen a lot.

Voice chat I have no idea, I never use it on my xbox, FFXI in itself doesn't have support for voice chat that would be if xbox has transparant voice chat support, but as I don't use voice chat I have no idea how it works. Keep in mind FFXI has nothing to do with xbox live though.

• njdevi66njdevi66 Member UncommonPosts: 216
    I have a question, are there any 7-14 day trials for this game. I have never seen one and would like to try it out before spending money on something i might not like. This is pretty much the only MMO i have not tried yet.

Any helpful info will be great... thanks in advance.