Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

did i make a mistake?

I'm a noob lol I played WoW for 2 years now and just got GW factions and i think i made a mistake ><  I made an assasin and went mes as my secondary but its not at all wut i thought it would b. Is this a good combo or should i just delete and reroll?

Comments

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Assassins and Mesmers are overly-complicated and not

a good choice for moderate players, much less for Newbs
  • dragonlord27dragonlord27 Member Posts: 24

make and assasin / elementalist

apparently its really good in pvp

i have and assasin / elementalist

get prophecies (the first one)  its the best of the 3 out now( prophecies, factions, nightfall)

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    After 4th mission in factions you can change your secondary profession but both Sin and mes are very hard for new players.

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679

You should visit this website. Guild wars wiki is a website with loads of information about this game. If you visit the Build section, you can find yourself a nice one and perform it in-game after unlocking the required skills. Most of those builds are already tested and usualy does the job.

Guild wars wiki have alot of information about Guild wars in general as well. I'd like to recommend to you the Gameplay types section to read it. It gives you alot in-game information about the storyline and gameplay.

Good luck

• AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Whatever you do with your assassin, do NOT go Rambo. It's a squishy, don't play it like a warrior: teleport in, land your combo and run away.

• Ka7raKKa7raK Member Posts: 59
    You certainly did. Of course every combination is playable but A/Me is just weird and difficult to play with. (Of course i added nothing to the thread.)

Blog Portugu

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

I'm going to break with the current line of thinking and say: GO FOR IT!

Yeah, it's a difficult class combo, and yes you picked the two hardest profesions to play as in the whole game. But, it's not an impossible to play combination, and it can do things that no other class combination can do. Aaaaand, if you really don't like it, it's not permanent. All you have to do is complete the 4th Co-Op mission and change your secondary at Senji's Corner.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• XybelleXybelle Member Posts: 3
    I say go for it and see what it can do.  You don't have to use all the Meser powers in the set.  I have an Assassin/Ranger and quite enjoy that.  I only use the pet all the time and sometimes arrows depending on the mission.  It's quite possible to use them both successfuly.  You just have to find the right combo of skills to use.  And as they said, if you really hate it, there is an option to change it later.
  • ZanthoxZanthox Member Posts: 14
    Sins are fun as all getout, but just as hard/annoying to play. you always gotta let the tank take aggro first and learn to GET OUTA THERE when you need to. I'd recommend starting with another class first.

Also, you never need to "reroll" in GW unless you just want to look different. all other parts of your character can be changed in game. any sin can be any sin build. you just have to get the skills/weapons/armor you need for it.

~Zanthox Jankins Twinkle'Toes

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Well, there is that ONE really annoying roadblock in that, and that's that ONE attribute that you want to modify b/c it's the only thing that'll buff the couple of powers that were the main reason you took that secondary in the first place.  ....Case in point, you could argue that the whole reason you'd want the Mez 2ndary on a 'Ssin is to TP in, Cast several powers super-fast, then zip back out again... But low and behold, Fast Casting isn't available to you so that nixes whatever chances you had of going Blitzkrieg/Berzerker mode with Spells.  And all the Stances in Inspiration are so poorely designed that they'll only trip you up in combat instead of helping you SURVIVE while you're in the middle of half a dozen pissed off level 24/28's.   ( Trust me on this, my Main is a Derv/Mez and her life sucks sometimes...often )

Common sense tells you right there that number of situations where you would perform better, would increase exponentially if you took a truly "tankier" secondary like W, Mo, P, or even a Ward-Specializing Ele....god forbid.  ...Point is, Mez doesn't help Melee's NEARLY as much as it could and its entire Stance system needs to be Consolidated to make it easier for Newbs to play, or changed entirely into Enchantment powers instead of Stances which will simplify the entire Profession.