Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Korean/Chinese games.. better then english games or not?

shadowmacshadowmac Member Posts: 9

Alrite, I've seen alot of people bash chinese, korean games, etc. lets see if you agree..

Here are some points for each

Other then english:

*Better graphical design.

*More technoligy expierience.

*Better charecteristics in fantasy gaming.

English game creators:

*easier to understand the language.

*for the p2p games, most likely cheaper.

Generally.. thats all i can think of.. you vote.

LiTTle»RªBBiT«

Comments

• b14tchb14tch Member Posts: 6
    To be honest with you, i love korean MMORPG, the graphic is stunning. The gameplay itself, probably almost same, and HEY i dont complaint as long as i have really nice weapons and armors.. For American online game, almost 90% i hate it, but i wont bash them. Everyone have their own preference.. if you dont like it, dont d/l and play that game..easy one... 
  • junkroomjunkroom Member Posts: 82
    Everyone likes different things. Besides, most online games these days are from Korean originally anywayz.

All online games i've played so far, there's always things i like in it and also things i dun like in it. 

Some ppl may say WoW is awesome, some would say it's crap. So, how are you to say which one is better? The better is only based on one perspective and what he/she likes in game. I've read way too many threads of ppl arguing about things like these. Everyone likes different things so relax ppl, just enjoy the game~~~ :)
  • TightsdieselTightsdiesel Member Posts: 11

None of this really matters. Game play and community are all that really count. Take a look at some of the 2d crap games that people still play.. they look like they were made with microsoft paint. That aspect can change an amazing game to crap. And I'm going to have to go with english. Lately Korean/asian games all have the same engine and really no point to them. And sometimes it seems they never want the player to reach the max in the game.

• OwenMcQOwenMcQ Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by Tightsdiesel
    And sometimes it seems they never want the player to reach the max in the game.

Is that so bad? I used to get frustrated with some games, thinking "man, I'll never get max. level, this is such a grind" . . . then I played WoW. Everyone and their brother is max. level, and the only thing that separates them is gear, not skill level.

As long as there is plenty of content for players of all different skill levels, I don't see a problem with this. Unfortunately, this isn't the case with most games, which is the problem.

• lol2dinfamoulol2dinfamou Member UncommonPosts: 4

Originally posted by OwenMcQ
    Originally posted by Tightsdiesel
    And sometimes it seems they never want the player to reach the max in the game.

Is that so bad? I used to get frustrated with some games, thinking "man, I'll never get max. level, this is such a grind" . . . then I played WoW. Everyone and their brother is max. level, and the only thing that separates them is gear, not skill level.

does lvling really take skill. with all the bots and stuff out thier now a days its pretty easy to hit max lvl in every game. but in WoW most everyone is max. gear is important but i see under geared people own people with the best gear thier is. so i guess it really does take skill to play wow

• oceanspiritoceanspirit Member Posts: 47
    i like Korean/Chinese games's graphic and english game's gameplay. but since i perfer graphic more than game play, i have to say i like Korean/Chinese games better. it will be nice to put these things together and make it into one game.
  • giantk9giantk9 Member Posts: 1

i think that chinese games are the best so all u haters shut your mouths!!!!!!

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

Go-go farmbots!

zzzzzzzzzzz

Go-go crappy support!

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• LougarouLougarou Member Posts: 278

Depends on the game really, some Korean/Asian MMOs are horrible while English/Western ones are worst.
    It's easier to bash the Korean ones since they make like 10 of them a day and not the best ones are localized (see Zera : Imperan Intrigue (3D), TalesWeaver (2D), Mabinogi(3D Cell Shaded) etc...)

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Korean games only have two common issues, customization and grind. There is no better or worst though, people need to stop making the comparison. Not everyone should like everygame, i get sick of seeing people who dislike asian games come and start bashing them senselessly.

While nine dragons suffers from a grind issues, it is pretty well designed, but in the end not everyone will like it.

American games have korean designers the same way korean games have an american/euro dev team as well. Koreans have a totally different playstyle then americans, thats why their mmos dont often take without being changed drastically.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• TobrukTobruk Member UncommonPosts: 46
    the only real problem I see with korean/asian games made for them vs games made for american companies is the whole mouse click as the way to move around. I personally cant stand this. There are to many ways for your movement to screw up and it just becomes wasted time. I will always like WASD format as a way for moving around. Or even any type of key binding system. Other than that, I really do enjoy playing 9Dragons and hope to continue playing it.
  • qbangy32qbangy32 Member Posts: 681

How many Asian games have more than 3 races to choose from, more than a handful of classes to choose from or crafting professions if any at all.

How many different looks can you give your avatar either at creation or with items throughout the game, how many different spells and skills are available to you other than Fireball?

How many different types of creatures will you find in any given area other than the million wolves or spiders you will find in a map area.

How many unique and themed areas will you be able to find in an Asian game other than yet another walled area or farmers fields.

I've beta tested about 20 Asian games and the above points all remain true to every single one of them, repition of area tiles, repition of  dungeons, repition of mobs etc etc etc, yes the Asian devs make alot of nice looking games but it's all skin deep, no realism no real deepth.

However Asians prefer their games this way as we westerners prefer our MMO's to be EQ1/EQ2/EvE/WoW/Asherons Call/UO and so on, it's like comparing apples and oranges.

• azereus123azereus123 Member Posts: 4
    its something no1 can decide..

Becouse there's people who loves games like Lineage 2, and there are others who like World Of Warcraf.

So its imposible to say witch game style is the best, also you should compare games that are similars from both sides of the globe.

I like any game, dont care the graphics, that allows me to customize my char.

A good example, Ragnarok online.

But i like lineage 2, becouse in castle siege, you can see something u have never seen before,Like 5 000 3d characters killing each other.

Or wow, when your party and all the alliance side rush into orde territory.

Its complicated to said.

Some people still play MuOnline.

you should find what you like, no matter the "made-in" that the game has.
  • KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171
    The click to move is a killer for me. No way I would play a game like that for any lenght of time.
  • qbangy32qbangy32 Member Posts: 681

I think that this may have been posted elsewhere but there is a very good reason that Asian MMO's are predominantly point and click and that is because of the huge amount of Asians that smoke and wish to do so while still playing and so devs take this into consideration and help their customers to an early grave =) while playing and paying for their game.

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

i guess no one has ever seen EQ2  with everything turned up.

the only reason asian mmos make it is becasue they are either free ( to attract kids) with a cash shop or everyone from china plays it and sells stuff online (ie L2)

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    I can't say they are better and I can't say they are worse. It all comes down to the person and how they view MMORPG's. Now straight up, Korean/Chinese MMO's are far more popular than English MMO's. Not saying that English MMO's have their side of popularity. Every MMO has a grind, but not every mmo has other things to do other than grinding. A lasting appeal that makes you want to come back and play it again and again. I can see a free game getting more of a popularity than one with a subscription, but discussing that goes into a lot o depth.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• ValorusValorus Member Posts: 235
    Originally posted by bobbler

i guess no one has ever seen EQ2  with everything turned up.
    the only reason asian mmos make it is becasue they are either free ( to attract kids) with a cash shop or everyone from china plays it and sells stuff online (ie L2)

I have EQ2 set on the highest graphical you can.  Once upon a time before I built my new SLI PC if I tried the highest settings it would be so laggy I'd have to end the task and delete my config file just to be able to go back in.  Now it's very playable in all conditions except raids - Not saying it runs as smooth as silk but smooth enough to where the graphical quality and details outweigh any slow spots.

The game when all setting are set to max looks very nice and the amount of detail is amazing.  I highly suggest anyone looking to get or build a new PC get 2 of the best Nvidia cards you can and link em via the SLI interface - was pricy but well worth it.

• xaussxauss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 384

i guess you get what u pay for:-

ftp Asian conversions: everyone looks the same, little no craft / questing / other things to do than grind out hour after hour day after day the same mobs unless you want to spend hours opening a player shop to sell your crap because there are no other means available to do so

subscription European / US games : greater class differences in terms of grouping roles and abilities, more quests encompasing a plot line, more to do than grind. the toons look different from one another. when you do grind it feels less like grinding because the combat is less repetetive, more ways to go about killing mobs, less of a numbers game since mobs generally dont seem to die as fast, different groups can make the combat feel different, the choice of mob can also provide a different challange as how to go about killing them. selling your unwanted drops is easy as you put them in an auction house type thing where anyone can buy it whilst you are out grinding / crafting / questing or whatever.