Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 Mil and raising BUT, do people know it's turning into another Asian Grindfest

Comments

• JoekabukeJoekabuke Member Posts: 191
    Originally posted by swede2

Originally posted by The_Dentist

ok...I must ask. I only played WoW in beta before release and for that short time I enjoyed the game. I decided not to play when it was released because I needed something more complex....but the game is still "fun"...  thats all that count right?

Or maybe the down-fall of WoW is its community?....  I tend to hear alot about how someones game experience was ruined due to other player characters.... unfortunate.

It baffles me how people can find that game fun . i felt like a freak playing that game because i didnt find anything in it fun even though i did play it for about 1 1/2 years
    i had one 60 a grand marshal rouge, i tryed to play alts just couldnt bring myself to play through the game again just wasnt challanging enough
    but on my rouge i only did the pvp thing and it was in pugs mostly which wasnt fun what so ever getting steamrolled by premades all day long , so when i reached grand marshal of course everyone wanted me in there premade and guess what it wasnt very fun steamrolling pugs all day . And the funny thing was if you ran in a premade you never faced any other premade's well not very often anyways Two days i ran in a premade never lost one game and only 2 premades stayed and fought us the rest AFK out of bg so they could roll pugs
    Yup most teams we faced would look and see oh its a premade ,just abit 8 grand marshals on one team lol , but they wouldnt even try and beat us most teams wouldnt even come out of there starting gate cause they just wanted to get it over with

So it took me 6 months at 16 hours a day to get grand marshal and it took me 2 days of running in a premade steamrolling everything in our path for me to say enough this just isnt fun steamrolling pugs i deleted my rouge and all never , ever pay blizzard another cent for there game
    now i know most of you would find that fun , but all tell you if your a true gamer beating people that dont stand a chance isnt fun in the least

http://stores.ebay.com/Fun-Shirts-For-You?refid=store

You played WoW  for a year and a half even though you didn't think it was fun? I'm confused.
  • swede2swede2 Member Posts: 975

Its ok some people are easily confused . bud when i started i was looking for a game that i could play for 4 or 5 years and build a character .Am a slow leveler i like to take my time and farm gold so i can have the best stuff you can buy at any given level  Took me 148 days of playing to reach level 60. 1 to 59 was ok because there was always something i could buy for my toon it wasnt till i hit 60 that i hit a brickwall and by that time i knew every square inch of the game , knew where every herb, ore popped  you know wasnt much left to explore

So because theres no way in hell am going to raid instances just to end up been one of the bobsie twin raiders standing around Ironforge .So i did the grand marshal grind , while you invest that much time in a character its not easy an easy decision to leave .I gave blizzard plenty of time to fix or add to there game

Did i have fun yes at times i did,  but not enough for me to keep paying blizzard , Its a good game , well made .its just not for me i demand i little more for my money than a hunt for the next low drop rate piece of armor or weapon

• MooslogyMooslogy Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by theomega5000

I will give some references that will pretty much blow out any WoW arguement...

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060809-7459.html

40% of WoW players addicted. WOW, we are talking about 4,000+ just on these forums ALONE!

http://www.blizzard.com/press/060228.shtml

"World of Warcraft's European customer base is currently at more than 1 million players, with the worldwide total now at more than 6 million players."

Barely beats out other MMO's...can't really give that much of a statement.

http://www.mania.com/52187.html

"There are more than 3 million players in China and slightly fewer than 2 million in the United States. And as with most video games, a clear majority of players worldwide are male.

The game has a very strong following in South Korea and more than a million people play in Europe."

1.2mil+1.8mil=3mil. Still puts most the game in Asian.

The information is a bit outdated. The fact is, around 2 million American players and less then 1.2 million are European...

http://gigaom.com/2006/08/15/world-of-warcraft/

For example, as of May, 4.3 million of the game’s players were Chinese.”

Asain Grind fest say what what?

THIS IS WHY MOST AMERICANS/EUROPEANS GET BORED WITH THE GAME.

It was a great idea but, with most Blizzard games, they get BORING!

http://nogg-aholic.blogspot.com/

Ouch....that is a hurt to pride, lets look at a VERY descriptive look at 8 reasons why World of warcraft is a bad game (right side of the website, scroll down a bit for #1)

1. Every Character/mob in the game look alike

2. Quest Design are all the same

3. Pathetic skill system

4. A game that has a very obvious ending and becomes just another game you beat through grinding

5. Pointless environment, why even have it really?

6. Not even fresh ideas, ouch!

7. Making a few places indict most the game

8. Lack of work on the content (7mil and not making it counting)

I could go on and on but, I hope atleast a few of you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Edit: Didn't put No as an option in the pool because, if people didn't think that changed their minds, they don't have to read this post and/or comment. They can just keep playing WoW.

LOL! WoW has what 80% of the MMO market? On your poll, you did not even post an option about it not swaying someone's opinion. All I have to say is that your post doesn't prove a damn thing. You also left out that in one way, every MMORPG is in someway a grindfest. Though, I would not call WoW a grindfest, as you do not have to grind to get good gear/alot of money. I raid, and I dont spend 40 hours or so a week, I spend more like 21, and our guild has downed Nef many, many times. Hell, we even have an Ashkandi, 2 Ragnaros's and 2 Thunderfurys, those players dont even have to grind those materials, because we work together. Boring for you, maybe, but 80% of the MMO market says that WoW kicks the crap out of everything else.

Also, it is quite interesting how all of your sits are blogs, not counting the Blizzard press release, anyone can post whatever on those sites. The sites are also .com website so they are probably not credible anyway.

• theomega5000theomega5000 Member Posts: 22
    Here once again to spread more information. My e-mail is: [email protected]

If you have something private to say to me, feel free. Flames, comments, and approvals are always welcomed.  |-0)

http://www.x-rates.com/d/CNY/table.html

About $1 USD = 8 YEN....

http://news.softpedia.com/news/World-Of-Warcraft-launches-in-China-2783.shtml

"Only players who have purchased an authorized CD key will be able to activate their accounts and enter the game. Each CD key costs 30 Yuan/RMB and can be purchased with a World of Warcraft Points Card. Point Cards also cost 30 Yuan/RMB and can be used at a rate of 9 points per hour (0.45 Yuan/hour) to play World of Warcraft."

That is $4.75 USD to play 2 months. Chinese players really get it cheap. Not to even mention they farm the most gold/Items.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4183340.stm

DON'T THINK CHINESE PLAYERS HAVE AN IMPACT?! They are the frontrunners of MMO's. They have almost as many MMO players as the rest of the entire world.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6147395.html

Pretty much Koreans don't want anything to do with WoW...and they are usually the most insane players (PvP wise).

http://www.raphkoster.com/2006/02/21/american-idol-the-worlds-most-popular-mmo/

American Idol as a popular MMO? It would serious compete with WoW and it would probably completely suck.

I just get tired of the following misinformed facts:

-   WoW is an online adventure where you hook up millions online (you hook up with maybe 2,000 on a seperated server at prime times if you are lucky.)

-   WoW is the most popular MMO (having the largest population due mainly to farmers, double accounts, and cheap accounts doesn't make it Popular, just makes it horded by douche bags)

-   WoW will before even more popular with BC (no, it will lack content, people will get bored, and move on...the content of the game and emphasize of the developers will end up going in a direction where it makes more and more players quit, it will then meet some stiff competition like it did when it was released in 2004 with several 2001-2004 MMO's still going strong)

-   WoW is most original and every game after it is a clone

(Well simply the fact that WoW took a page from a lot of previous 1st/Early 2nd generation MMO's as well as taking every idea from Diablo/Warcraft pretty much says unoriginal with almost everything they do. Think of Jewelcrafting-D2, Socketing-D2, Cross-server BG's-New generation games rip off....About every game being a clone.

Now, for a lot of people that are not wise, I understand it makes it easier to call the games clones/copies. Since WoW did copy them and ideas they used, it is hard to make a game that is different then what they originally did. Warhammer-was a game similiar to Warcraft and Blizzard was actually thinking about starting a mutual partnership, just didn't work. The games comming out are VERY original and have things that will just blow your minds, don't believe me? Beta them or just play them for a month, you will see.

The 3rd generation of MMO's will make WoW look like the cheap game it already is...

xoxo

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

look, if you can't even READ your own links, what you post for?

it is 1.5 million Euro people PLUS 2 millions north americans.

www.mmogchart.com

there you can get populations of most mmorpg in the world, it is not updated since june, but should be enough. from there you can see EVERQUEST, the most popular western game after wow, reached a peak of 450-500K people, IN BOTH US AND EUROPE. now you tell me again how 1.5 mils in europe and 2 mils in NA is not significative numbers? that 7 times the market size BEFORE wow got release?

LINEAGE 2, the most popular asian game to date, has 89K western players, between US and EU.

yes, WoW costs much less in china, guess what? most stuff cost much less in china for a simple reason: AVERAGE CHINESE PAY IS MANY TIMES LOWER THAN WESTERN PAY. it is basic economy, my friend. you make people pay for products what you think they can pay. this happens everywhere in the world and is not limited to games or anything.

after all this, i still have not a clear idea of your purpose, beside spreading lies and misinformation around.. maybe you want to clarify? no, wow is not an asian grindfest, not in any possible definition. can be a western grindfest if you want to call it that but still...

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• FinduilasFinduilas Member Posts: 377
    Originally posted by Volkmar

www.mmogchart.com

That site IS out of date AND very inaccurate.

The last official Blizzard statement regarding numbers claims 7.5 million subs.

November 9, 2006

The Burning Crusade Release Date Announced!

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade will be in stores on January 16th, 2007 in Europe and North America! The news comes as the player base reaches 7.5 million players worldwide.

http://www.blizzard.co.uk/

But just under 6 million of those are in China.

"China is believed to have more Warcraft players than any other nation, at almost six million registered accounts and as many as 660,000 playing simultaneously."

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2169162/warcraft-profits-fall-China

Several sources have quoted my China numbers, which The9 have released to stockholders and the press.

That leaves 1.6 million worldwide, from which you must deduct others asian players such as S.Korea.

1.5 million EU, 2 million US? No.

• dslamdslam Member Posts: 7
    I just quit WoW. It gets boring quickly, it's not my first time abandoning this or another MMO though, I'm just not much of an MMO player...

But I had to post those numbers over at the WoW forums just to stir up the fanbois!
  • VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    Originally posted by Finduilas

www.mmogchart.com

November 9, 2006

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade will be in stores on January 16th, 2007 in Europe and North America! The news comes as the player base reaches 7.5 million players worldwide.

"China is believed to have more Warcraft players than any other nation, at almost six million registered accounts and as many as 660,000 playing simultaneously."

Several sources have quoted my China numbers, which The9 have released to stockholders and the press.

That leaves 1.6 million worldwide, from which you must deduct others asian players such as S.Korea.

well, those are the numbers blizzard gave themselves.

6 million registered account doesn't mean paying subscribers, that is the number blizzard always consider. a registered account is somebody that bought the game at some point and we know how in china that is awfully easy, it doesn't mean they are playing at the moment though.

Consider that usually top peak players are around 20-30% of the total user base. so, 700K would give us around 3 millions, prolly some more, so confirming the datas that blizzard themselve gave us of 1.5 mils of player in eu and 2 mils players in us (this when wow had 6 millions subscriber).

Also consider WoW has been in the top 10 best selling pc games for us and eu since release and has never slowed down.

After this, you still think that in 6 months, the NA and EU active subscriptions passed from 3.5 millions to less than 1?

Hardly believable for anybody that actually play the game. Yesterday, for example, i logged in on Darkmoon Fairie, Europe RP server that has the misfortune of having "reccomended" written next to it. The newbie areas were swarming with people! it looked release day all over again, it was astonishing! granted most of those were probably trial accounts, but still, loads of people were playing.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• GstormsGstorms Member Posts: 1

Hrm.  first post here. had to jump on the wagon....

What I dont understand is why people need to buy currency or view the game as a grind fest?  I have been playing WoW since open beta and have had my fits of rage and addictions with going along with it... But I also know when too much is too much and i stop playing for a few months.

Asian Grind? Sorry...  The term is starting to bother me alot.

Drop rates on the servers are above average and it is easy.. and I mean Extremly easy to gear a character well and have enough currency without having to farm aimlessly. The only pan handlers in the game i see is the people who are english...  not some average Asian person.... Besides....   you would be shocked at how many 13 year kids in America and Canada are farming the system much more then the Asian population and how many of our population sell gold and account online.

Ask a friend to play... 2 people enjoying the game and ables you to utilize more of the items that you obtain and makes the enjoyment feature go up alot!

Sure there are some grinding quests that cause people to to run around aimlessly looking for that specific type of monster. BUT... what I notice is that most people do not take the time to read the lore of the game  or  'any' game.  all they see is "go there"  and "pick up that item". Not just WoW.

There are many quests in this game that I thouroughly enjoy doing. They are the "out of the way" quests that most people who are too busy grinding fail to see or come across.... ever.

How many people have completed "The Fallen Hero of the Horde" line? (as an example)

If you have not it starts in the 40's and finishes at level 60. Amazing storyline that takes you across the world to many different people. Talk to the fallen hero.. go hunting for the missing documents.  

Destroy 3 leaders and their minions which require teamwork and a range of abilities.

Forge a weapon of  for specific use on boss characters forged by the earths elements.. one of the components....  Azurite....  erm.  rock elemental droppings....  (ever read those notes?)

Use the same weapon to help Destroy a demon and his minions at the end which is very difficult to do at the highest peak in a descloate land.

How about the threat from the Trogg? who are they and where do they come from?  Or the Thistlefurs?  Once peacefull and now split into different factions with some bent on rage for anything other then themselves. Why are they like this?

All of the characters who are held hostage.. And need your help to find their way home.

Robot Distress Beacons!

Easy crafting system that can make money fopr you even at low levels not to mention easy leveling of that craft.

How about the undead threat that threatens ALL the races in Azeroth?

The underlying Undead alliance with the horde... what plans do they have for the rest of the races of Warcraft?   What is their hidden agenda? It is spoke of often throughout the game if you stop to read the books in instances or just in different places in the world to slightly grasp this.

North of Orgrimmar there is a land shaped like a moon... Why is it there.. who is the Naga? and why have they been brought up from the depths of the oceans and begin their assault on the world?

Who are these watrerlords people keep talking about?  and why are they in odds to the molten core. What schemes do they have?

Blackrock! one of the best places in the game!

Who are these world dragons and what do they want with this world that we play on? are they turning us against eachother for their personnal ammusement?

Onyxia and why is she standing next to the child king or Stormwind? Where is his father?

Who is the undead? Why do they pledge allegance to Sylvannis?

Who caused the distruction on Azeroth?  How did it happen?

Dread Lords!

Assasins!

A character who is  1/2 Human and 1/2 Ogre! What is his story and why is he the Champion?

A fair market system driven by players not farmers?

Why is 3 different leaders of the Alliance race taking up shack inside the heart of a mountain?

Get tired of all of this?  fine... PvP,

10, 15, 40 players in different areas of the world combine to assault eachother in a battle to the finish. Rewards for your hard work!

What are these battlegrounds and why do they run? What is their story?

The races are more extensive giving you more options then any other game I have ever played. (They do lack height and specific design)

During the testing phase the Asians took out city leaders day after day and put the development of the game to the greatest test... Tests that the US,EU and Cdn populations could not have done combined. They made better testers then us as well.

To say that this is just another grind fest because of the numbers of people playing this game.. is just ignorant on your part.  Stop, read, play if you choose! it is all there! I have barely begun to cusp the storylines here in this post because there are many many other stories contained inside this video game. 

Why do you think 7M+ people play it??   because it sucks?   You hit it on the nose there man... And 4+M are asian??   that is a huge market!  why the hell wouldn't someone aspire to having their game viewed as multicultural?  Especially when the US, Canadian and European population is soo much lower then that of Asia?? Heck 4m in Asia?  I would push for 10+M there and leave the english market behind or as a tax expense write off... or to be viewed as change in my pocket.

I would say as a precentage... North America has a larger percentage compared to the population than Asia....  4M is nothing compared the their overall population and gaming community. Its like going into a small town in Mexico and saying they are all video game farmers and that they ruin the game... for the rest of the world.

I remember playing FFXI and how many people from the Asian community did not want the english because of ethics. (me being Canadian did not cause as much problem)...  You dont like the Asian population playing a game.... trust me they dislike you alot more...  and if push came to shove.... you would lose this battle my friend. because you are officially outnumbered. and after reading your post . . causes me to believe in the ignorance that our culture can breed.  

I miss the FFxi translation function... Found out why they dislike North Americans/Canadians so much. Met some realy good people from around the globe and put me in a perspective that most choose to be ignorant towards.

You may be one of  Milions or even a few Billion but remember and i will say remember again... Asians are 1 of Billion$$. That have a better grasp on economy then you ever will and the population to support it.

With all of this being said.. I am tired of WoW. I have explored the game to the extent that I believe I want to... but lets face it... there is not a better game out there to date with ther same amount of content for the dollar spent on it..... Numbers show it. You just enforced it for me.  Thanks Man!

All games get booring... that is human nature... not just blizzard games.

Enjoy your own ignorance.

Its ok some people are easily confused . bud when i started i was looking for a game that i could play for 4 or 5 years and build a character .Am a slow leveler i like to take my time and farm gold so i can have the best stuff you can buy at any given level  Took me 148 days of playing to reach level 60. 1 to 59 was ok because there was always something i could buy for my toon it wasnt till i hit 60 that i hit a brickwall and by that time i knew every square inch of the game , knew where every herb, ore popped  you know wasnt much left to explore
    So because theres no way in hell am going to raid instances just to end up been one of the bobsie twin raiders standing around Ironforge .So i did the grand marshal grind , while you invest that much time in a character its not easy an easy decision to leave .I gave blizzard plenty of time to fix or add to there game
    Did i have fun yes at times i did,  but not enough for me to keep paying blizzard , Its a good game , well made .its just not for me i demand i little more for my money than a hunt for the next low drop rate piece of armor or weapon

I'm not easily confused, Bud Head. Try But!  The only thing confusing is why you don't use the forums spell checker. You're a moron for paying and playing a game for a year and a half and not enjoying it. Sucks to be you.

• Hitash_LevatHitash_Levat Member Posts: 43

Here once again to spread more information. My e-mail is: [email protected]

If you have something private to say to me, feel free. Flames, comments, and approvals are always welcomed.  |-0)

http://www.x-rates.com/d/CNY/table.html

About $1 USD = 8 YEN....

http://news.softpedia.com/news/World-Of-Warcraft-launches-in-China-2783.shtml

"Only players who have purchased an authorized CD key will be able to activate their accounts and enter the game. Each CD key costs 30 Yuan/RMB and can be purchased with a World of Warcraft Points Card. Point Cards also cost 30 Yuan/RMB and can be used at a rate of 9 points per hour (0.45 Yuan/hour) to play World of Warcraft."

That is $4.75 USD to play 2 months. Chinese players really get it cheap. Not to even mention they farm the most gold/Items.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4183340.stm

DON'T THINK CHINESE PLAYERS HAVE AN IMPACT?! They are the frontrunners of MMO's. They have almost as many MMO players as the rest of the entire world.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6147395.html

Pretty much Koreans don't want anything to do with WoW...and they are usually the most insane players (PvP wise).

http://www.raphkoster.com/2006/02/21/american-idol-the-worlds-most-popular-mmo/

American Idol as a popular MMO? It would serious compete with WoW and it would probably completely suck.

I just get tired of the following misinformed facts:

-   WoW is an online adventure where you hook up millions online (you hook up with maybe 2,000 on a seperated server at prime times if you are lucky.)

-   WoW is the most popular MMO (having the largest population due mainly to farmers, double accounts, and cheap accounts doesn't make it Popular, just makes it horded by douche bags)

-   WoW will before even more popular with BC (no, it will lack content, people will get bored, and move on...the content of the game and emphasize of the developers will end up going in a direction where it makes more and more players quit, it will then meet some stiff competition like it did when it was released in 2004 with several 2001-2004 MMO's still going strong)

-   WoW is most original and every game after it is a clone

(Well simply the fact that WoW took a page from a lot of previous 1st/Early 2nd generation MMO's as well as taking every idea from Diablo/Warcraft pretty much says unoriginal with almost everything they do. Think of Jewelcrafting-D2, Socketing-D2, Cross-server BG's-New generation games rip off....About every game being a clone.

Now, for a lot of people that are not wise, I understand it makes it easier to call the games clones/copies. Since WoW did copy them and ideas they used, it is hard to make a game that is different then what they originally did. Warhammer-was a game similiar to Warcraft and Blizzard was actually thinking about starting a mutual partnership, just didn't work. The games comming out are VERY original and have things that will just blow your minds, don't believe me? Beta them or just play them for a month, you will see.

The 3rd generation of MMO's will make WoW look like the cheap game it already is...

xoxo

The poster here is a moron.  First off... The games he said WoW is a clone or a copy of is wow... you never would have guessed it... Warcraft... huh... look at the name of the game you retard.  2ndly.  Gemcrafting seems to be making rings... not socketing items... as in Diablo 2 which is still a Blizzard inc game.  You need to get a life... turn off the computer and go outside and play with yourself.  Quit bashing on a game you don't like.  If I spent half the time bashing RS as you have WoW then I'd prolly shoot myself. 
    Originally posted by Joekabuke

I'm not easily confused, Bud Head. Try But!  The only thing confusing is why you don't use the forums spell checker. You're a moron for paying and playing a game for a year and a half and not enjoying it. Sucks to be you.

LoL oh poor little joekabuke, does it bother you that much poor baby

listen close butthead am 44 years old i have a 500,000 dallor house paid for. I have enough money in cash and investments to be happy everyday for the rest of my life. whats it to you what i do or what game i like or play you little snot nosed loser

better go see if your mommy will renew your account for you

listen close butthead am 44 years old i have a 500,000 dallor house paid for. I have enough money in cash and investments to be happy everyday for the rest of my life. whats it to you what i do or what game i like or play you little snot nosed loser

better go see if your mommy will renew your account for you , little whining baby go cry

this post smacks of faggotry. Did I hurt your e feelings? You still can't grasp the English language.
    Smack's of faggotry lol  good one , dream on Joekabuke this isnt the right site to share your fantasy's
    theswede=cowbell. What does $500,000 dallors equal?

theswede=cowbell. What does $500,000 dallors equal?
    A drop in the bucket
    I thought it was some form of Turkish currency?

Come on joekabuke , do you really think am the only player that was just playing WOW because they're waiting for something else to come out to replace it. Go look at blizzards own general forums there is 1000,s of players doing the same thing like i said its a good game and well made but it just wasnt for me , how long i played has nothing to do with it the last 2 months i hardly even fired my toon up big deal and when i did i stood in Ironfroge and talked to friends on chat

Originally posted by Finduilas

www.mmogchart.com

November 9, 2006

well, those are the numbers blizzard gave themselves.

6 million registered account doesn't mean paying subscribers, that is the number blizzard always consider. a registered account is somebody that bought the game at some point and we know how in china that is awfully easy, it doesn't mean they are playing at the moment though.

Consider that usually top peak players are around 20-30% of the total user base. so, 700K would give us around 3 millions, prolly some more, so confirming the datas that blizzard themselve gave us of 1.5 mils of player in eu and 2 mils players in us (this when wow had 6 millions subscriber).

Also consider WoW has been in the top 10 best selling pc games for us and eu since release and has never slowed down.

After this, you still think that in 6 months, the NA and EU active subscriptions passed from 3.5 millions to less than 1?

Hardly believable for anybody that actually play the game. Yesterday, for example, i logged in on Darkmoon Fairie, Europe RP server that has the misfortune of having "reccomended" written next to it. The newbie areas were swarming with people! it looked release day all over again, it was astonishing! granted most of those were probably trial accounts, but still, loads of people were playing.

The last official set of numbers from Blizzard ONLY states the TOTAL subs numbers (7.5 million). It has been a very long time since they quoted any figures for the EU or NA. Your claim that WoW has 1.5 EU and 2 mil US is based NOT upon Blizzard numbers but mmochart.com, figures that are at least 6 months old and were unconfirmed even then. The official Blizzard numbers were made a long time before mmochart got it's June update.

I make no claim at all as to registered accounts since I have no idea how many they have and consider that irrellivent. I refer ONLY to the Blizzard and "the9" when quoting CURRENT players/subscribers.

Not sure what you're trying to prove here? Are you saying that WoW has OVER 3 million REGISTERED US/EU accounts, although only 700k are currently playing? If you are claiming that 3 million plus STILL pay to play WoW in the EU and the US where is your evidence? Go retrieve and quote the official Blizzard press releases where they state that they have/had 1.5 mil EU/2 mill US subscibers. You can't since blizzard has not archived them. They ONCE had those numbers but have seen a HUGE decline and do not wish to publish the fact, so they ONLY quote the TOTAL figure, since it gives the impression that WOW is STILL expanding. Sure, it is, IN CHINA, but has been in decline in the US and EU for some time.

The9 is the company that hosts the servers in China. They released OFFICIAL figures on their CHINA sub numbers. 5.9 million current subs. Not 4 mil, not 3, but 5.9. 7.5 minus 5.9 leaves 1.6. From that you must deduct ALL the subs in the rest of the far east, including Korea where Blizzard is popular. Only wishful thinking could come up with a figure of 3 million plus for the US/EU.

Refer to ancient press releases, that cannot be found any longer, and unofficial websites ALL you like, or your own impression of ONE server, or sales figures that do not show how many people are leaving compared to those arriving, but I have presented 2 sets of figures from
    OFFICIAL sources, released in the last 2-3 months.

If you can show BETTER, more accurate evidence that clearly proves how many CURRENT players WoW has, and break those numbers down by region, please do.

• CrezaxCrezax Member UncommonPosts: 80

better go see if your mommy will renew your account for you

Good one swede!

And for the morons in this theard, does it matter if his english ain't 100%? You understood what he wrote, didn't you?

And he type hell of alot better then some people born & raised in the US..

I like cookies.

[center][color=darkorange][b}Wow! Much gold. So amaze![/b][/color][/center]

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

PRONS ALL OTTERSZ!

Just a little bit of extra stupidity in an already stupid thread.

Swede made me laugh what good too. Sure are a lot of bazillionaires with the bodies of greek gods, and models lounging around the house on the interweb. And they're all arguing about video games! ::::04::

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    ok i read the first 3 pages and lots are talking about the reason theres 4million asian players is cus they pay ONLY $2 a months... the reason they pay $2 is becuase they earn less than an American or european player, so the amount they pay is the same as any one else based on the average wage for that county.  Charging a chinese players $15 would be like charging an american $100.

Lets say we half the number of subs blizz says, so say 1million american about 750,000 europeans, 2 millions asian... WoW is STILL the biggest MMO ever.

So the OP's point is?

Originally posted by coffee

ok i read the first 3 pages and lots are talking about the reason theres 4million asian players is cus they pay ONLY $2 a months... the reason they pay $2 is becuase they earn less than an American or european player, so the amount they pay is the same as any one else based on the average wage for that county.  Charging a chinese players $15 would be like charging an american $100.

Lets say we half the number of subs blizz says, so say 1million american about 750,000 europeans, 2 millions asian... WoW is STILL the biggest MMO ever.

So the OP's point is?
    Try reading the rest of the thread.

WoW has 7.5 million subs. 5.9 are Chinese. Of the remaining 1.6 million many are in the far east, including Korea. You should readjust your numbers accordingly.
  • coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Well none of the number are offical, but even is its just 1.6m (like 1.6m is a small number) if take half that 800,000 in the west its still the biggest MMO.

Blizz is to blame for this downturn in sub numbers in the west becuase they took far too long on an expansion, they added content every few months but it was all end game stuff which many people where not interested in.

I do expect a big sub increase in a following weeks, I know of 3 friends waiting for the expansion to come out b4 they renew their subs, and about 20 ex-guild members too. I hope blizz learn from their mistakes, they've put alot of things right in the expanison such as no more 40man end game dungeons, these can now be run by 5man to 25man groups, improved crafting and PvP.

The truth is I doubt blizz ever imagin 7million players (forget where they are located) Im sure they based their business model of MMO's of the time where 250,000 subs where fantastic, so if blizz western subs have redued to 800,000 or even 500,000 I dont think they are too worried.  Blizz have not stopped releasing new realms or starting to merge realms, when this happens you know blizz are in trouble.

Originally posted by coffee

Well none of the number are offical, but even is its just 1.6m (like 1.6m is a small number) if take half that 800,000 in the west its still the biggest MMO.

Blizzard's figure of 7.5 million IS official.

The9, the company that hosts servers for WoW in China, released OFFICIAL figures, for shareholders and business institutions. THESE are the numbers I refer to, all the others quoted in this thread are pointless.

800k IS a huge number, especially compared to other mmos, but the telling point is that WoW seems to have slumped from 3.5 million down to 800k -1 million in the first two, and most lucrative, markets. As to why, I choose not to speculate.