Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: 2006 Reader's Choice Award Results

Comments

• formedsmokeformedsmoke Member Posts: 3
    I honestly am not suprised by these results.  Eve Online is a great game.  I enjoy it immensely.  I admit that I had not even heard of mmorpg.com until the advertisement was posted on the Eve Online website. 

I'm not saying that WoW is a bad game.  It's just not one that I can enjoy.  I wore myself out on fantasy games.  Slapping around harpies with the hopes of gaining a magical sword just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

In the end, this is a vote of opinion.  Obviously, one opinion had stronger support than others.  Personally, I did vote for Eve in every catagory that it was present in... but not just because I'm a fan.  I considered the other games, considered what I've seen and felt of them, and considered the opinions of my friends who play them, and determined that Eve was the choice that best reflected my opinions.  I'm sure that if there had been more variety in the vote options, I would have voted differently... but this really did become an Eve vs. WoW vote, and in all of the voted catagories, I like Eve better.

Of all the things that people could be fighting about, which MMORPG won a popular opinion vote is a pretty damn sorry one.  This just isn't that important, people.  And if World of Warcraft had swept every catagory, I would be saying the same thing.

Remeber, over everything else: It's just a game.

My XFire
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by Teleboas

Like everyone didn't see those results coming...
    Of course, every other game company doesn't really care who MMORPG.com votes for, so how is this suprising?  Eve was the only company I seen where the actual game posted on their website for everyone to come vote.
    I don't see who would take this seriously anyways.
    Why not make it next year where new accounts don't count towards the votes, and that an account had to be active within atleast the last 30 days to vote.  Honestly though, I'm sure you enjoy the tons of throw away accounts that are created.  Just makes your site look like it gets more hits. 
    QFT, i see no reason for eve to win anything except maybe graphics, but as we can see from all these votes and the "highest ranked" list we can clearly see how EVE devs are couraging their players to come and vote their crappy game here.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • ssstupidossstupido Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by Fusion

Originally posted by Teleboas

Like everyone didn't see those results coming...
    Of course, every other game company doesn't really care who MMORPG.com votes for, so how is this suprising?  Eve was the only company I seen where the actual game posted on their website for everyone to come vote.
    I don't see who would take this seriously anyways.
    Why not make it next year where new accounts don't count towards the votes, and that an account had to be active within atleast the last 30 days to vote.  Honestly though, I'm sure you enjoy the tons of throw away accounts that are created.  Just makes your site look like it gets more hits. 
    QFT, i see no reason for eve to win anything except maybe graphics, but as we can see from all these votes and the "highest ranked" list we can clearly see how EVE devs are couraging their players to come and vote their crappy game here.

oh no, not again. those arguments make you look dumb. this site has more than 500k members that can vote. that is 3x as many as EVE players. even if the so called "CCP: award campaign" had been incredibly succesful, eve players would only count for 1/3 of the total votes.

think harder to bring up a good argument, or else accept the results.

• cr0wn3rcr0wn3r Member Posts: 1
    There are thousands and thousands of people who like Eve enough to pay a notable subscription each month, so daying dogmatically that it is crap and therefore shouldnt win anything is far more rediculous than any perceived flaws with the competition.
  • scoobysscoobys Member Posts: 2

That was it??? that was the review??? OMG you guys what happened?

A MASSIVE MMORPG SITE and with only afew games winning not even bother to describe the other games?? YOU guys dont even have the most crappy MMORPG that was released this year... My GOD SOOO MUCH MMORPG game releases this year and that was all you can give us??? whats wrong with you!!!

• spatulukspatuluk Member Posts: 7
    I think maybe it was more of a vote against WoW than a vote for EVE.

After SWG fell apart, there's a large amount of people still searching for a MMORPG to fill the gap, but all we get are crappy attempts at recreating WoW.  A vote for EVE was a vote for not being afraid to be different, and hopefully a giant middle-finger to WoW and its ilk!
  • SimplyMichaeSimplyMichae Member Posts: 86

Not sure if this has been mentioned, as I'm not going to read 8 pages of argu... er, posts.

I was re-reading the awards, and saw this line at the end of the last award page that I don't remember seeing on my first read through. Did this appear after the (understandable) forum reaction, or was it always there?

We'll return again nextbyear witha new system, so start thinking about your votes for the 2007 Reader's Choice Awards!

Either way, a new system is definitely called for, but try not to type with your tongue next time.

~ Michael

• PB&JPB&J Member Posts: 255
    Originally posted by formedsmoke

I honestly am not suprised by these results.  Eve Online is a great game.  I enjoy it immensely.  I admit that I had not even heard of mmorpg.com until the advertisement was posted on the Eve Online website. 

I'm not saying that WoW is a bad game.  It's just not one that I can enjoy.  I wore myself out on fantasy games.  Slapping around harpies with the hopes of gaining a magical sword just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

In the end, this is a vote of opinion.  Obviously, one opinion had stronger support than others.  Personally, I did vote for Eve in every catagory that it was present in... but not just because I'm a fan.  I considered the other games, considered what I've seen and felt of them, and considered the opinions of my friends who play them, and determined that Eve was the choice that best reflected my opinions.  I'm sure that if there had been more variety in the vote options, I would have voted differently... but this really did become an Eve vs. WoW vote, and in all of the voted catagories, I like Eve better.

Of all the things that people could be fighting about, which MMORPG won a popular opinion vote is a pretty damn sorry one.  This just isn't that important, people.  And if World of Warcraft had swept every catagory, I would be saying the same thing.

My XFire
    I thought you need a post count of 5 before you could vote. Are you saying you were allowed to vote with no posts at all? This post is your 1st so when you voted you must have newly registered and then voted.
  • PB&JPB&J Member Posts: 255
    Originally posted by scoobys

That was it??? that was the review??? OMG you guys what happened?
    A MASSIVE MMORPG SITE and with only afew games winning not even bother to describe the other games?? YOU guys dont even have the most crappy MMORPG that was released this year... My GOD SOOO MUCH MMORPG game releases this year and that was all you can give us??? whats wrong with you!!!
    You must have missed round 1 of the vote. The first survey listed tons of games and then they came out with a second survey with the top vote getters from the first round as the only remaining choices.
  • formedsmokeformedsmoke Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by PB&J

Originally posted by formedsmoke

My XFire
    I thought you need a post count of 5 before you could vote. Are you saying you were allowed to vote with no posts at all? This post is your 1st so when you voted you must have newly registered and then voted. Yes.  That's right.  I think I made that clear when I said "I admit that I had not even heard of mmorpg.com until the advertisement was posted on the Eve Online website."  And obviously there was no minimum post count, as I was able to vote just fine.  However, I did vote before the huge data dump, so my vote wasn't counted anyway.
  • HelioconHeliocon Member Posts: 44

Ok im not reading the whole long list of pages but i managed to get to page 5. I am a eve player and I did create this account to vote i admit but  previouse to this i had been a ;ong time forum stalker. Just was always to lazy to register. And you know what good on eve players if they want tto come out and vote for the game it shows there commitment. Its a great game and we try to encourage people to try it.

*EDIT* BTW i also voted before the data dump.

• Lord_NeroLord_Nero Member Posts: 3

Eve online does have good graphics, but everything else about the game is BORING!

Playing Eve is more like am arduous task than a fun game. The people who voted for eve must enjoy being on the recieving end of whips and chains!

But still the numbers dont add up. When i played Eve, the community seemed pretty small. Every person who plays Eve would have had  to have voted 2 or 3 times to come out with the numbers quoted in this survey!

Somethings not right here........

• -Rodriguez--Rodriguez- Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Lord_Nero

But still the numbers dont add up. When i played Eve, the community seemed pretty small. Every person who plays Eve would have had  to have voted 2 or 3 times to come out with the numbers quoted in this survey!
      ZOMG! Its a conspiracy!

The devil must have told you!

Otherwise how could you know that EvE has only 2000 players multitasking like there would be no tomorrow.
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

Eve online does have good graphics, but everything else about the game is BORING!
    Playing Eve is more like am arduous task than a fun game. The people who voted for eve must enjoy being on the recieving end of whips and chains!
    What numbers are these of person of TWO posts!!!

• XarixerXarixer Member UncommonPosts: 15

Can you please enlight me about the numbers you are talking about? Is it based on facts or is it just a mysterious feeling you have?

Please link the source of the information:

How many people did vote according to you? And for real?

How many members does the EVE community has according to you? And for real?

Xar

• GamragGamrag Member Posts: 47
    Congrats to EvE and CCP. They've got a good game and some great fans.

And everyone needs to remember that it's the reader's choice awards. It's just a popularity contest. If you don't like the games, don't play them. If you like them, play them. Simple as that. No need to flame people on their opinions.

Remember it doesn't matter which game is rated higher than all the others. Just that you enjoy it and are having fun.
  • GenkaarlGenkaarl Member Posts: 16
    nvm
  • LordSeverentLordSeverent Member Posts: 1
    you know what, we can all sit here and bitch which game won what and how it should or shouldnt of.

heres a idea, if you can wrap your small minds around it

Try EVE for 14 days

'

Try WoW for 10 days

Try EQ2 for 7 days

Try Ryzom

( cant find SWG on front page of google search for free trial )

now look at each of the games, as they are right NOW, compare them to the results of what each game recived

just remember, you cant judge the entire game on the smallest sample of what the game offers, read what other players have to say, look at whats planned for the games future

and last but not least, THINK BEFORE YOU HIT THAT POST BUTTON, most of what comes out of your mouth is a waste of bandwidth being shot across the internet

NOTE: i have multiple xfire accounts showing playtime of other games, im not just a eve fanboi
  • AngeldeMuerteAngeldeMuerte Member Posts: 1
    I think page 7 said it all..."sorry, no clear winner this year, come back when you have something original and awesome".  I'm not a big fan of EVE cause I like to be a person more than a ship and I'm not a fan of giant space battles, but that is my opinion.  Everyone I talk to who play it seriously say it is a pretty good game.  Of course, everyone I talk to who play WOW say it's a good game too, so, I guess it comes down to what you enjoy playing.

Me?  Lose the ships, lose the swords, lose the semi-fantasy armor, lose the killing wolves and orcs...let's have something more cyberpunk/sci-fi reality.  Later *wave*
  • PegasusJFPegasusJF Member Posts: 268

I almost replied to this sooner, was even typing it up, but I was tired and decided to do it later, so forgive the lateness.

Originally posted by Beatnik59

See, there you all go again making EVE out to be something its not.  Its alright to like the game, but you are deliberately making EVE out to be something other than it is.  You may not like my posts, or think they are fair.  One thing for certain though is you'll never see Beatnik59 ask you to shell out money based on hype that's too good to be true.
    There is nothing "unique" about how players "shape the story."  At one time, you actually had server wide events, etc.  You don't see that so much anymore, and storylines that have been around for a year have never been touched by CCP.  These days, its the same old twink versus twink ePeen contest you have seen in later pre-CU SWG, you see in WoW, and every other game where player clans compete against eachother for uberness.  Not only that, but its stale.  A lot really doesn't change from day to day.  For months, nothing really changed all that much map wise, and still, the changes amount to so little, all things considered.

My only point is about players shaping the story. You once described Pre CU SWG and it seemed to be quite compelling. But I really think you are greatly misrepresenting the player story, particularly in 0.0 space.

It is not epeen vs epeen contests. Granted, a lot of conflicts are spawned by players wishes for a little "pew pew" as I have heard in the the EVE forums. But there is far more depth in the political landscape that you think. Need proof? Consider the Interstellar StarBase Syndicate, or the Great Northern War, or my own alliance FIX's history with the Stain Alliance (once friends, but now bitter enemies). Each alliance, old, new, or dead, has it's own story, and the interactions can go much deeper than simple epeen

It would be nice to have more server wide events, but it's not really that important compared to the player politics.

Also, the notion that you get more "free" content from EVE is a myth as well.  You get paid expansions in games like EQ2, CoH, and WoW, but what you don't often hear about is how much free content you get, and keep on getting, long after you subscribe.  I don't have any paid expansions for EQ2, but they gave me over 200 new quests, new writs, new areas, and new features, and I was able to see it for myself without paying SOE one thin dime this year.  Unlike CCP, SOE, NCSoft, and others will give people who bought the box "free time" to play awhile on their dime.
    Meanwhile, after paying since January, on two accounts, all I got was one third of the expansion they promised in spring, a few new ship designs, a ton of bugs and lag, and some asian character models.  So really, all things considered, you really don't get much more value,when you actually stop,cut through the hype, and really see what you get.

A lot about EVE's expansions is refining existing tools and content. So yes, you're probably right as far as purely new content is concerned. There isn't much new to add to EVE because the Universe was always there since the beginning. But at the same time, those new ships help expand the PVP combat, the new corp tools makes managing corps easier, and the new 0.0 regions will add a whole new chapter to alliance history. It's a little more subtle I admit than new quests and new writs in EQ2 and such, but it does help what EVE does so well, gives the game to it's players.

You pay just as much, if not more, with EVE than you do in other MMOs.  The reason being, you really have to spend a lot of money to really understand if "EVE is for you," and if if it isn't for you, nobody is going to give that money back.  All you'll get are these fanbois like LordSlater, Snakey, and Minsc tell you how stupid you are, how you aren't playing the "right way (its funny how EVE ceases to become a sandbox where there is "no right way to play," after you pay your $20 fee)," and to quit whining.
    Before you check out EVE, take a look at the general discussion forum on the EVE website to see what the EVE players have to say about this "award winning" game.  Read it carefully, and take your time to read a lot of the longer threads, before you decide whether or not you want to give EVE your entertainment dollars.  You'll get quite a shock, as the real players like you and I have serious issues you'll never hear about on MMORPG.com with the fanbois.  If you want to see all this great "player generated stories," check out the corporation and alliance discussion boards, and get a taste of how deep and thoughtful this community is.

Yes, EVE does take time to find your niche, such is unescapable with this game. But it can be avoided.

I don't often read the general forums, so I can't really comment there. I don't doubt your word Beatnik. But I must ask, are these issues really stopping many of these people from playing EVE?

Also, the alliance forums, yes it can get nasty there. But a post on this thread which had degenerated a bit does much to show some of the deeper meaning (though less flaming would be nice too). There are a number of flamers there, probably an unfortunately circumstance of alliance wars being so meaningful to the players, some conflicts can get quite bitter. But there are players that almost always post with wisdom and moderation as this. (and the moderators do try to keep it clean).

This particular post is on page 9 of that thread.

Originally posted by Avernus

I'm simply amazed how many people don't get why various alliances are steamed up about this thread. Maybe I'm just an old hand at alliance politics, and the old players here have evolved a particular brand of ethics and boundaries that we inherently know you damn well shouldn't cross. I see an asshat flaming Ab Initio because he says 'show respect to established alliances'.

Look, some people may have only been in this game for 3 months (not your alliance leaders btw), but if you are going to come on here and make some waves, do your ******* homework people! There is 3 years of history that has evolved the mindsets of the player base here, and one thing is key if you want to progress, RESPECT.

If you can't show repect to your fellow players, your allies, and your enemies, then you are damn well destined for failure. Walking the line on common decency doesn't cut it folks, get a clue and put yourselves in another alliances shoes, and figure out their perspective.

Remedials original post wasn't bad, it was too early to make it, but it wasn't bad. Eve has seen turnarounds in situation so many damn times, it's practically considered common courtesy to wait a while extra before making such a post. Why? Because it's seen as a slap in the face otherwise.

I, nor many others, would expect newer players to recognise that oddity of Eve politics; it's forgiveable, no real harm done. I notice another player posting that they expected more depth to Eve politics..... buddy, you're only reading the words on the surface, the politics going on in this thread would raise your eyebrows a few notches if you realised what has been said: by who, to who, who agreed with which party, etc....

Fact of life in Eve, is you always have to read past the flames in this forum. However, between those flames is a wealth of information to be garnered by those who know what to look for. The majority of people will never pick up on how many things have actually happened in this thread. Fact is, Goons is only a couple steps away from a monumental disaster, and it outwardly appears that you have no flipping idea as to the height of the precipice you are standing upon.

Want to know what else really doesn't work on these forums? Whining. Holy ****, whine one more damn time and I'll help form the coalition that comes to knock some damn sense into your leaders heads. Whining is sickening. You want another reason why people like NORAD? Show me a single post by them here.... really, go ahead and show me where they flinch? What does that tell the rest of us you ask....

Not for me to answer, start using the brain you were provided and figure it out.

The above post is partially fueled by alcohol.

EDIT: And another respectful post. By the other side of the debate.

Originally posted by GSreporter

On behalf of the more mature section of goonswarm, I would like to apologise for the obvious goon alts in this thread who have been coming in only to throw insults and antagonise, and (perhaps) argue offtopic. I hope the fact that I am posting as an alt can be understood given the situation.

The original post in this thread was badly executed, and I agree with other posters who have pointed out that this message should have been sent internally, and serves no useful purpose except chestbeating. Much of the swarm had opinions on it's posting, and much constructive discussion was made.

That said the trainwreck this thread has become has also got BoB partly to blame (again, among others). I'm sure that anyone would agree that who controls NPC space can be extremely complicated to determine, and I expect that much of the differing points of view of system populations are to do with timezone issues - personally I have not seen norad outnumbering goonswarm apart from the first couple of days of the invasion, but that does not imply it does not happen. The only way I believe this would be determined is by observing over time, to see if norad or goonswarm moves out, and I see no way that any amount of arguing could decide who 'owns' the space. Personally, I expect the swarm to 'win', but time will tell.

Remedial has now resigned his position as CEO of goonfleet and goonswarm, partly because of this affair. The skull throne will now be passed onto another. Despite recent disagreements, I, and I hope that even those in other alliances who dislike remedial, cannot deny how much he has done for goonfleet, and we wish him well.

I shall end with a couple of quotes from Remedials resignation post:

Originally by: "Remedial"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'd like to apologize to everybody for starting that crap on Eve-O. As proof that I'm truly sorry, I am handing over the CEO reigns and surrendering my roles and forums powers.

I hope that people can remember the good things I've done instead of simply focusing on the bad. May GoonFleet continue to grow and prosper long after the torch is passed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep flying safely, and good luck to NORAD with the war.

Edit: I in no way represent the views of goonfleet as a whole, and my opinions should have bias taken into account - I will be undeniably biased towards goonfleet. This post has also been altered slightly at the request of several swarm members, and in respect for remedial. The core message remains.

These thread I think more largely represent the quality of the player story than the flames. But as Avernus stated, even in the flames some good knowledge can be gained (though it was over my head at the time) It turned out (this thread was in June 06) That Goonswarm was driven out of the west by BOB and NORAD joined with FA to form RISE.

So yes, you'll find some flmage (though moderators try to keep it minimized, you'll see them often in threads) you'll find diamonds in the rough like these.

My 2 cents,

EDIT: Added 2nd quote and rewrote conclusion.

• mlbsluggermlbslugger Member Posts: 49

Wow the whole thing is really disappointing.  Especially since I left the closed beta for Burning Crusade after waiting for 2 years for something that was totally boring and not new (of course those new flying mounts will sell a few million copies alone)... why is this still winning any awards at all? As an ex Blizz employee, even I cant stand it anymore and its grown stagnant.

I personally give EQ more kudos than anything else nominated; there is an example of a real story, 8 years in the making. FFXI still manages to pull alot of weight too.  I'm sure EVE and the City Of Heroes/Villains are still nice lil games, but these results are what you get from only letting certain people (the same people) vote time after time. Its like rigging the votes. I wouldnt blame the companies for not taking this seriously either; I'm sure they are aware of this all ready too and I just play the games I like without any input from anyone else.

• SoraellionSoraellion Member UncommonPosts: 558

I'm an EVE player and a WOW player (although my WOW acc is closed atm).

EVE winning best PVE is laughable at best, no amount of cosmos missions or whatever will make EVE PVE attractive (not to me, at least). WOW and to a lesser extend EQ2 have a much better PVE part (again IMO), but then those games are PVE games by default with some added PVP bits&blobs.

EVE winning other catergories I CAN understand (if only for the simple reason that I'm playing EVE atm, not WOW), the game truly is completely different from any other MMO and in that respect you either like it or hate it, I happen to like it. 150k other accounts happen to like it as well. Without any epeen swinging whatsoever I can state that EVE is in fact an advanced MMO, not for the fainthearted nor for the stereotype MMO player, it's different, not neccesarily better as 'better' is subjective.

There's a lot of sterotype MMO players and for those there's a number of MMO's to choose from, this will dilute your votes. There's only one MMO like EVE (I'm not talking about the space/sci-fi aspect) and therefore ALL the people who happen to like such an MMO are bundled together. Result is more focussed EVE players voting for just that; EVE. The more classic MMO players didn't bunch up and voted for different options -> EVE wins this poll.

I still don't see how a small MMO like EVE was able to muster more vote(r)s than WOW, even IF (and this is not proven) people cast multiple votes. For the record; I didn't vote because I cba.

• MondeMonde Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by Soraellion

I'm an EVE player and a WOW player (although my WOW acc is closed atm).
    EVE winning best PVE is laughable at best, no amount of cosmos missions or whatever will make EVE PVE attractive (not to me, at least). WOW and to a lesser extend EQ2 have a much better PVE part (again IMO), but then those games are PVE games by default with some added PVP bits&blobs.
    EVE winning other catergories I CAN understand (if only for the simple reason that I'm playing EVE atm, not WOW), the game truly is completely different from any other MMO and in that respect you either like it or hate it, I happen to like it. 150k other accounts happen to like it as well. Without any epeen swinging whatsoever I can state that EVE is in fact an advanced MMO, not for the fainthearted nor for the stereotype MMO player, it's different, not neccesarily better as 'better' is subjective.
    There's a lot of sterotype MMO players and for those there's a number of MMO's to choose from, this will dilute your votes. There's only one MMO like EVE (I'm not talking about the space/sci-fi aspect) and therefore ALL the people who happen to like such an MMO are bundled together. Result is more focussed EVE players voting for just that; EVE. The more classic MMO players didn't bunch up and voted for different options -> EVE wins this poll.
    I still don't see how a small MMO like EVE was able to muster more vote(r)s than WOW, even IF (and this is not proven) people cast multiple votes. For the record; I didn't vote because I cba.

I would say that the reason Eve managed to get so many votes was because they have a player base that is committed to the game. CCP has managed to make those players happy and are doing a pretty good job.

People disagree and that is fine but when a group gets together to vote then they do have a lot of pull. The other games out there which are great and would probably have breaten Eve if their players had all voted for that game. Probably due to a large number of the games having a cross section of the player base.

I don't know but congrats to Eve and the other games that made it into the Final's.

• lordoddlordodd Member Posts: 14
    I get a bit tired of the Anti-Eve brigade making empty statements about how Eve has awful PVE. The fact is that the NPC/PVE experience in this game is in general superior in design to WoW. Yes, it is true!

I play both games and the PvE in WoW is simplistic, repetative and very predictable. Eve, as a game, has made strong moves this year improving it's PvE and introducing more PvP opportunites in PvE encounters. Remember that PvP is not just killing the other player but competative play. Here are some examples where the PvE has improved:

1. NPC market. CCP improved the NPC trade goods market making it truly dynamic and very much effected by other player trading. It now takes careful planing, resource management and a deeper knowledge of your other players psychology to manipulate the NPC buyers and sellers to get the profits you want.

2. Missions. Missions are the bread and butter PvE experience. Missions have been changed and updated throughout the year to keep them fresh and to tie them in with the changing storylines occuring in the game. In fact CCP has been brave enough to make some missions at all levels deadly to the unwary lone player. There could be improvement here but CCP have been keeping them changing.

3. Complexes. There are now more complexes and hidden PvE experiences around. COSMOS has grown and evolved. There are small runs of linked missions (agents in space) the players can stumble upon or hunt down. There are are the usual 'space dungeon' complexes of the pirate factions or rogue drones. The better complexes are in low sec (unpoliced) space and therefore have the danger of player pirates traking you down as well as much richer rewards.

4. The random belt NPC's remain a constant source of challenging gameply. This particular activity enticers players to chase richer rewards into low sec (unpoliced) space where they have to learn to avoid or beat the roving player pirates.

5. Hunting NPC traders is still there, though totally unchanged from previous incarnations.

You see, CCP have tried to encourage players to become involved in the NPC processes as both teammates and opponoents at every opportunity while providing lone players who do not wish to fight other player the ability to have a game as well. That has lead to many complaining that the PvE is no good because they dislike the human risks/elements involved in the growing experience.

As it turns out, the Eve players themselves seem to enjoy the PvE experience CCP has made. You can say that the Eve players just boosted Eve in this pole or you could actually ask these people if they voted as they truly felt. I voted yes to Eve because it is not repetative and boring. With the new salvaging system introduced recently I am now venturing into low sec to salvage NPC wrecks left by belt ratters. I am having to design and test out new ship setups and tactics and carving a new pathway in my game experince. Show me where WoW gives players so much room to create their own niche in PvE playing!

• MondeMonde Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by lordodd

I get a bit tired of the Anti-Eve brigade making empty statements about how Eve has awful PVE. The fact is that the NPC/PVE experience in this game is in general superior in design to WoW. Yes, it is true!

I for one very much agree with this statement. I also think it goes both ways and have myself let my irritation get away with me and have made negative comments about other games. I try not to but I am only human.

2. Missions. Missions are the bread and butter PvE experience. Missions have been changed and updated throughout the year to keep them fresh and to tie them in with the changing storylines occuring in the game. In fact CCP has been brave enough to make some missions at all levels deadly to the unwary lone player. There could be improvement here but CCP have been keeping them changing.

I got a mission last night to go and get Smokes for the agent as he was grumpy. That really made me laugh.