Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaving Eq1...

TheJomezTheJomez Member Posts: 15

sorry i'm a newb at forums and i saw a few coming back pages.  I came back to eq1 just to see if i could still get the same kick out of it, some ways i can some ways i can't stand that tring to find a group as a mid level(30+) cleric, shaman, and warrior is almost impossible to find, I was on the progressiion server the sleeper thinking there would be lower level characters.  I just remember the game being packed with all level characters and /ooc or /1 for a group for a few hours wasn't fun for me.  I thought about playing WoW with the new expansion, but i just don't like how that game looks and i'm not big on pvp.  Now I know that i'm not going to get eq1 prime back, but does Eq2 have much to offer

What i loved about eq1 was the amount of fun players there was, and thats what i'm looking for in the next game i play

So does eq2 have a higher population than eq1 easy to find groups, and fun enough to play to keep me playing for a few years like eq1 did?

thanks for any input i'm just curious of how eq2 works and how it is doing!

Comments

• NigelnycNigelnyc Member UncommonPosts: 13
    ahaha damn.  yeah man, back in the day when i was around level 30 in eq1 there were lots of players to group with. 

that was before WoW, and EQ2 though.

good days.
  • TheJomezTheJomez Member Posts: 15

hell yeah back in the day eq1 was amazing, people were more into it guess there was always silly stuff going on, like people getting married, drawves doing flip shows in ec tunnel, and it was rewarding to do quest like ivy etched, now its nothing, i know i won't ever get that back i don't think but i hope eq2 has sometihng to offer

also if i get talked into playing eq2 *wink wink*, what is a good server to start on?

• fawdownfawdown Member UncommonPosts: 186
    I am on permafrost, and it is usually crowded in the afternoon and evening, then drops down to moderate during late night hours.  Najena I hear is also populated and secure.

I strongly suggest getting the retail box for Echoes of Faydwer.  Its all you need to start.  It has all expansions and AA achievements that now start at lvl 10. 

If you end up on perma send me a tell

Elim
  • MalakaiMalakai Member Posts: 147

Well if you are thinking about giving EQ 2 a try, there has never been a better time to start.  They released their latest expansion and it is the  best one to date.  If you are into Everquest lore and like alot of the areas from EQ 1(which I suspect you are being that you were trying to give EQ another run) you will especially love the new expansion. 

It adds a new starting city(Kelethin) and adds many areas that you will be familiar with like Greater and Lesser Faydark, Butcher Block, Steamfont, etc.   There is also a new race called the Fae who look pretty cool plus have a neat gliding ability.  The Gods are also back but instead of just changing your faction or letting you use certain deity only gear, they actually can give you other powers as a benefit. 

EQ 2 has finally evolved into a true sequel to the original and the fans have been giving it alot of praise.  I have yet to see any professional reviewer give it bad marks.  Here is a link to some of them- www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932824.asp

If you do decide to give it a whirl, Antonia Bayle the roleplaying server seems to have the highest population.  Although not everyone roleplays there, so if that is not your thing, now worries .  The other roleplaying server has a decent size population too, plus the people are real nice there.  Actually alot of the servers are well populated and over all the player base is very friendly.

As a side note, the latest expansion contains all of the previous expansions too, plus 30 days free for new players.  So it makes it a great value.  Take care and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

• DarthHoobDarthHoob Member Posts: 108

There is also a 7 day trial called PLAY THE FAE, which gives you the opportunity to check out the new Fae characters. There are a lot of limits to this trial (to stop spammers mainly. Over the past 6 months several online plat sellers have been inundating players with tells and mails offering plat. Quite infuriating if your in mid battle!), but it will show you the basics, and enable you to explore Greater Faydark up to level 10.

The link for the trial is at the top right of this page. http://everquest2.station.sony.com 

Currently returned to Norrath after disliking Hyboria.

• TheJomezTheJomez Member Posts: 15
    Well I got the game a few days ago, I actually got to play last night, it's breathe taking.  I love the feel of the game so far I've only made it to level 6 as a Wizard but it has kept me entertained.  So thanks everyone for all the input!!