Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MATRIX ONLINE...why no folder?

XaldorXaldor Member Posts: 236
Why is there no folder for MO?  It is still in developement...isn't it?

Comments

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Because everyone knows it is going to suck...

Just kidding... I did not like the 2nd movie, it was such a let down from how well done the first one was. I haven't even seen the third one yet. Going to wait to rent it for .99 cents.

• XaldorXaldor Member Posts: 236
    I haven't even seen the third one either, cause the 2nd one was not what I had expected ...but it is an mmorpg game in developement...so it should have a folder...right or wrong?...Xaldor

I agree. I would like to see some discussion on it. I haven't heard anything about it, nor have I checked into the website for it (if there is one).

There is a website...it's matrixonline.com...some info, but not much...Xaldor

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    If you would notice, Matrix Online "M.O." doesnt have that high of an anticipation from a lot of the members.  So, we're not too focused on it, besides right at the moment there isn't a lot of information posted on the website for users to really speak out about what's going on with it.  At the moment Admin is extremely busy doing some of the "High End" tasks with MMORPG.COM so, just be patient guys. :)

You'll recieve it soon enough image

- MMORPG.COM STAFF -

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

"High end tasks"??? Do tell....sounds like you guys are busy with something interesting...Xaldorimage

• avatronavatron Member Posts: 8

There are rumors around that the game has been cancelled. Is that true?

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

The game has not been cancelled, one of the publishers pulled out (UbiSoft) but there are still 2 publishers remaining and from all recent reports things are still on schedule. As the game gets closer to release and/or goes into beta and there is more for you members to talk about we will add a discussion folder for it, atm tho it's not a big discussion topic.

As for us being up to something interesting, we're always up to something interesting and sneaky!

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Originally posted by TaskyZZ

Just kidding... I did not like the 2nd movie, it was such a let down from how well done the first one was. I haven't even seen the third one yet. Going to wait to rent it for .99 cents.

I agree the second movie was not that great... Most of the time you could tell the effects were fake. However, I thought the third movie was much better and did not look cheezy (the siege of Zion and Neo/Smith duel was awesome!). Not sure if I like that one are the first better. They are kinda different.

"No one can draw a clear line between sane and insane. You move that line as you see fit for yourself. No one else can. You'll understand soon... that the one that's insane is this world." - Vincent

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

Originally posted by Ominis

I agree the second movie was not that great... Most of the time you could tell the effects were fake. However, I thought the third movie was much better and did not look cheezy (the siege of Zion and Neo/Smith duel was awesome!). Not sure if I like that one are the first better. They are kinda different.

That is one of the big things that turned me off... I swear the XBox Matrix game looks better than some of the scenes in that movie. That fight scene where Neo is fighting all the Agent Smiths was pathetic.

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by TaskyZZ

Because everyone knows it is going to suck...

I think I have to agree w/ this guy here.

Explorer 20%

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • AxadoAxado Member Posts: 6
    Yeah I'm gonna have to go with it's gonna suck

The Ever Elusive Nobody

The Ever Elusive Nobody

• viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395

You also can find out why by tons of facts and reasons on this post I did my self of course.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/loadforum/51/loadthread/11252/setstart/1/loadclass/35

I want to cast magic missle.
    http://www.flashplayer.com/animation/8bitdnd.html

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

• avatronavatron Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Kunou The game has not been cancelled,

Wow, that's awesome to hear because I have had so many fantasies and such desire to really immerge myself into the Matrix world and this game in particular was really speaking to me.

• fasjufasju Member Posts: 4
    imageimagejust to let u know if u havent look at the site look now its closed beta

• VengiVengi Member Posts: 57

Well there is a lot of games that are listed that have no forums.

I think the staff should explain why some games have forums and some don't.

Personaly I think there should be a Forum for every listed game, but as the forums are still abit unstable it might not be wise to expand at this time....

Vengi

LvL 32 Wiz on Dragon Server
    LvL 23 Wiz on server 4 EI Korean Beta

http://www.totalformat.com/Guides/LOM3/guide/ this is the unofficial guide to mir3

http://www.totalformat.com/Mir3/siege.avi (right click and save) This is an ingame movie of the siege of Sabuk Wall (a Guild owned castle).

• SketchSketch Member UncommonPosts: 337

The first movie was fantastic, everything was so subtle, to the second being overdone, and less subtle to the third, where they drop the subtlty completly and just say "HE THE DIGITAL JESUS WHO IS WELL ARMED"... Although visually great the second were more hollywood and lacked the creative edge that made the first such a unique flick. Although I do give them credit for the naming process. Every character in the movies carries a name to adapts them to a historical of mythalogical character that best suits thier roles in the story. Adds a nice layer of depth if you recognize the names when whatching....

But that aside, the game it's self will bomb because we've seen the end... There will be no suprises when you play, and the world will be limited to what you see in the movies (which means for the most part running around a city). You know what you are, and you know they won't let you be Neo. So the game won't require the imagination of the player, you just need to find the learning curve to play image

Thats what makes original concepts so intregueing in MMO's. You don't know whats next, so it's fun to explore. Like when I played SWG at first it was fun running to all the places from the movies. How many people swarmed to the Cantina on Tantoine in SWG?.. But that loses it's charm and then with out a good story the game becomes a monotonous level grind, then we click the cancel account button...

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

That is strange cause I have a "The matrix online" folder under "Games in development, and a forum to at that, 208 posts only but still..::::01::

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• VengiVengi Member Posts: 57

Your right, but  the point still stands,  lots of other games that are listed don't have forums, why do some have forums and others don't?

Do they need to be requested?

Vengi

LvL 32 Wiz on Dragon Server
    LvL 23 Wiz on server 4 EI Korean Beta

http://www.totalformat.com/Guides/LOM3/guide/ this is the unofficial guide to mir3

http://www.totalformat.com/Mir3/siege.avi (right click and save) This is an ingame movie of the siege of Sabuk Wall (a Guild owned castle).

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    MxO (it's generally accepted abbreviation) looks like it could be decent.  I'm going to reserve judgement for if/when I get into beta.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042
    im sorry guys imma have to disagree with you MO is only gonna rule cuz of the negative hype...negative hype = devs working all the harder to add new features and new content to create possibly new users....other end of spectrum....WOW devs dont care how there game turns out, cuz no matter what its gonna be the 1 month success they believe it will be

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

Originally posted by Sketch

But that aside, the game it's self will bomb because we've seen the end... There will be no suprises when you play, and the world will be limited to what you see in the movies (which means for the most part running around a city). You know what you are, and you know they won't let you be Neo. So the game won't require the imagination of the player, you just need to find the learning curve to play image

Well first off u dont know the end...MO takes place after the 3rd movie, a tense truce as been formed, and MO will become the battle of those who want to be freed and those who want to live in bliss...im sorry this game has lots of potential if the devs dreams come true...imo it has the ability to be the most immersive game world ever made in mmorpg just due to its modern day setting

• mrwigglz07mrwigglz07 Member Posts: 283

I believe that there should be a folder for matrix online because it is an upcoming MMO and there are two sides to the spectrum. Some people think it looks cool and some think it is going to bomb. It still needs to be supported on this site though.

If you wait to do something until the last minute, your more efficient since it will only take 1 minute.

[img]http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/images/banner.gif[img]

If you wait to do something until the last minute, your more efficient since it will only take 1 minute.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by Xaldor
    Why is there no folder for MO?  It is still in developement...isn't it?

Yes it is, and if you would direct your eyes to the development folder, you will see "The Matrix Online".

Playing: City of Heroes/ Dark Age of Camelot
    Upcoming: EverQuest II

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274
    Matrix games suck lol. The one they had for consoles was the biggest peice of #%!4