Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Graphix Are Bleh!

SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

I read reviews of some games and ppl are always ragging on the graphix of 2D/3D.

WTF? 2D/3D Is 100% better than ANY 3D game out there. Why? Because 2D/3D isn't constantly redrawing all the polygons and everything is ROUND!

Every single 3D game I've ever seen looks like crap. The only difference in a game like Half-Life and say...... I dunno SWG, is textures. That's it.... that's not even a vid card that's just ram. I mean come on, I just don't understand it. ALL 3D games for the next 5-10yrs are going to be blocks walking around pretending to be round organics. I just don't see how someone can tell the difference between something that really has a very low difference and say one is so much better than the other. All I see is ppl getting caught up into the mindset that companies are trying to create so that they will sell more of their goods while putting out newer games that require the latest vid cards to run, yet really have no noticable difference what-so-ever.

Anyway..... Long story short. OPEN YOUR EYES PPL! Come on! THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN THE GRAPHIX TODAY THEN THERE WAS 4yrs ago! And there won't be till a 512+mb (probly more) vid card is standard running next to 3GB Ram and a 10Ghz Processor. Then things will probly be round and smooth and ORGANIC.

Sorry for the flame. But some ppl look to be judging things because the companies tell them they have better graphix rather than their own judgement. This isn't coming from some kid in Middle School, I work in 3D for a living and it's my job to look at tiny details ppl wouldn't notice if they looked at it a hundred times.

Explorer 20%

myspace.com/angryblogr
A Work in Progress.
Add Me

Comments

• AlientAlient Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 315

Originally posted by SnaKey
    OPEN YOUR EYES PPL! Come on! THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN THE GRAPHIX TODAY THEN THERE WAS 4yrs ago!
    You saying that there is no difference between EQ and AC that came out just a little more than 4 years ago to Neocron and Final Fantasy XI in the way of graphics? And you can't compare MMORPGs to FPS. You have to compare the same genre as in UT2004 to CS. Some MMORPGs are advancing in graphics while some aren't. I'm not sure what reviews got you upset. So, I can't comment on that. I can say I am more interested in gameplay than graphics, but I understand people want a more immersive world that's beautiful that they can explore and graphics help with that. I guess my main point is, there's no use getting upset over other's people's wants. They have a right to not like a game because of it's graphics as much as someone else not liking the gameplay.

• thegravyboatthegravyboat Member Posts: 89

Trust me buddy, theres alot more then just textures that make swg much different then half life (gfx wise)........

im sad im even replying to such a claim....

~Best thing since sliced bread

~Best thing since sliced bread

SWG-Ahazi- Kovoa DE/DOC
    AC-Morningtha- Fou-Lu lvl 79 UA/LIFE

• BoulderdashBoulderdash Member Posts: 35

So? Boobs are not all round either and you still keep looking at them. :)

On a lighter note. What about cubism, architecture and a Hummer? It's all about style and taste.

Of course ingnorance is bliss. I played Sentinel and Elite till I dropped dead. Nothing round in there. For me it's not about the graphics it's about gameplay and the immersion created by it. The brain can do funny things.

Peace,

Boulderdash

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Hey i'm with stupid! ::::40::

On a more serious note:
    It was like you say for quite some time in the stragtegy genre. The 3d games just didn't look as good as the nicely animated 2d graphics of good 2D Games.

This time is over though. You can't be serously thinking that a game like Diablo 2 looks as good as Lineage 2!

The current 3D graphics have surpassed the detail of old 2D Games by far now.
    Another strong point in 3D games is Animations. It's easier to animate the stuff in 3d (motioncapture) and it's not looking as stiff as in the old 2D games.

DEPTH: 2D Games look FLAT. POINT
    You can enjoy the depth even more by using 3d shutter glasses.
    They only work with a part of all games but when they work you experience something that will blow you away.

Sorry but even the best drawn 2d Landscapes look dead and lifeless compared to a 3d landscape.

2d is dead. Live with it!

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Well.... FF is in a genre all it's own. They have highly skilled artists who can do alot w/ very little, and yet they don't slack on gameplay. Wich is why I think the whol FF series has done as well as it has. Even back in the old SNES days, it had better graphix than most other SNES games. Even so.... I can't really comment on FFXI because I haven't played it. Though w/ my experience in the others in the FF series, they can make organic looking stuff w/ a limited amount of polygons...... wich is extremely hard to do.

But... there really isn't much of a difference.... Maybe 100-500 more polygons in a whole scene isn't that noticable. So.. there really isn't a BIG difference between SWG and HL in graphix. SWG still looks blocky and it's still ugly. But it's just something we will have to live w/ untill organics are able to make an apperence into gaming in the next few years.

And to the last guy...... I'm not saying 2D as in NES Zelda.... I'm talking about 3D images built onto a 2D game. In other words, you make a 3D Model then capture it into a 2D image and animate it like a cartoon would be animated.

But I do understand what you're (I forget who said it) saying about the depth. I mean.. a 3D game has alot more leeway(sp?) than a 2D game, but that doesn't mean the graphix are better by any means.

Explorer 20%

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • lyonman24lyonman24 Member Posts: 855

all 3d graphics look terrible period. a tree in 3d is a 4 sided block does that look real or even close no. i still preffer UO2d to any game out there graphics wise 3d is to damn laggy. im running a 2gig 64 geforce 4  at t1 speed. not a slow system but 2d graphics too me are better

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Buy Far Cry and be blown away.
    But pleas shut up and stop posting such useless crap.
    No actual game has such trees anymore.
    Lineage 2 Trees are not too bad lookign either.

But agian: Get Far Cry.