Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Contest - just received the real beta invite / key

FYI - I just received an email from TCoS containing a beta key for having been one of the 250 contest winners.  I suspect the rest of the the 250 emails will go out over the next few days as they finish validating everyone.

Good hunting (bugs & mobs both)

Update

Looks like they haven't quite finished updating accounts to match the emails ;)  While I have the official email, I do not have beta forum access.  This may or may not apply to others as they get their beta emails.  If everyone ends up in the same boat then we'll need to contact Freeze so he can talk to those behind the scenes.

Comments

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

First rule of beta club:
    Do not talk about beta club. (Yes I saw Fight Club again this weekend).

Dont want you to get kicked out of beta before it even starts.

• AlienShoresAlienShores Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by JelloB2000

First rule of beta club:

Do not talk about beta club. (Yes I saw Fight Club again this weekend).
    Dont want you to get kicked out of beta before it even starts.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." ;)

Yeah always gotta be careful around NDAs, but I feel ok talking about having gotten the beta email from TCoS as long as I don't discus the contents of the email, anything from within the game or from the beta forums.

I thought some people here might encouraged to hear that the beta contest and TCoS beta in general are moving forward so hopefully my post came across in that light and not as "ooh ooh I got in nyah!"
  • OnijinOnijin Member UncommonPosts: 50
    There was an email not to long ago that gave everyone access to the beta forums. And I find it funny how you seem to be the only one with this email. If they were sending them out. They would send them all at once as they have everyones name/email allready. Much like all the other emails everyoen recieved at the same time.
    Maybe and I do see your point, but they said in that last email that they would be manually validating everyone to make sure all the accounts are real and properly signed up on their forums.  Could be they are sending these out as they go through them.

Hopefully we'll see more people confirm things as the day goes on.
  • AllexielAllexiel Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I can say I received the email :)

(and the NDA says I may tell I'm in the beta, but not speak of it ;))

Hope you guys get it too
  • RuffyDRuffyD Member Posts: 23

Yeah I received my Beta mail this morning too, I hope to see you other beta key winners in the game :)

• AmorphismAmorphism Member UncommonPosts: 101
    See you in the beta forums people! I'm in the same nick - Amorphism.
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by Zorvan

"This application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found". Any ideas?
    That's something that starts to flirt with the bounds of the NDA I'd say.  As soon as I can get access to the official beta forums I'd be glad to talk about that one with you... particularly since I'm getting the same error ;-)
  • DraquidenDraquiden Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Zorvan

"This application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found". Any ideas?

Best bet would be to go to their tech support forums...

I get a little overly cautious when it comes to NDA's and discussing a problem with the beta client may break it... (The NDA not the client)

• AphexAphex Member Posts: 194

While I'm not in beta, you could most likely fix it by downloading the msvcp71.dll file from here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcp71 and putting it in your beta folder. It's a problem that happens with more programs.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Thanks, Aphex.
  • PowderBurntPowderBurnt Member Posts: 21
    Got my key also, but when I tried to input it on their website I was told it was invalid.
  • HeimlichkeitHeimlichkeit Member Posts: 105
    how come everytime i try to download this game it says i don't have enough room. It says i need 15.3 EB (W/e EB is) and i have over 17gb. What's the problem with this thing?
  • TharcideTharcide Member Posts: 97
    Originally posted by PowderBurnt

Got my key also, but when I tried to input it on their website I was told it was invalid.
    It's a Beta key not a Priority key

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

I believe the DLL listed there is used in several other programs as well, and is considered a shared (or common) file, which is probably why it wasn't included with the installation. Check on Google or someplace and you can probably find a good website to download it from. All you have to do then is place it in the appropriate folder.