Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how do i learn crafting on the isle?

sacreddaykilsacreddaykil Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 396

hi, i got the trial of the isle trial.. and i got one to lvl 10, and i was wondering how i learn crafting on the isle? ive tried talking to the guy outside the workshop, he gave me a quest...a quest were i needed to talk to someone, but, if anyone have done that quest, where are thoose peoples? are they on the isle? or in the homecity?

Comments

• Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120
    I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure you have to talk to a person on the mainland.  However you can actually craft on the isle, because there are alot of materials you can get ahold in the wilderness.  I remember leveling my craft up to level 10 before heading over to the mainland.
  • sacreddaykilsacreddaykil Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 396

yeah, there is materials, and ive been collecting thoose, but how do i start crafting? where do i learn the "proffesions"?

• Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120

By crafting specific items you lean towards that profession, however you need to buy your skills later to be able the craft better items.  On the isle there should be a hut or something and inside you can begin.

Oh plus later, when you talk to the crafting NPC you'll be able to choose a more specific area you'd like to craft in.  However if you wish to hear crafting in more depth I'd wait for others to respond to your post.  I havent played for a while, but intend to come back when I get myself a better computer. ^-^

i found out how to start crafting, and now i am crafting..but i dont understand everything... the bottom one starts to loos "health", is there anything i can do to stop this? and what happens if the bottom one dies?

• WantsumBierWantsumBier Member Posts: 1,079

When you start crafting there is not much you can do to improve the quality of your items. There are some buttons you can add to your hotkeys that improve durability, success, and the like. Hit your “L” or “K” button and click on the tradeskill tab. Note that there are (3) different skills for each type of crafting (tailoring, metal working, metal shaping ect…) You have to match up the skill with what you are crafting, for example some items crafted in the forge need metal working while others need metal shaping. As you raise you crafting skill levels you skills will improve (every 10 lvls). I think it is around lvl 10 that you have to make your first choice in specializing your skills (provisioner, outfitter, ect..)

I hope this helps.

To answer your question,  if you lose a bar you lose quality of your item. For example if you complete an item with all four bars you have created a pristine object. Each line you lose you lose a step in quality.  Pristine items get you more xp.

I shoot for the curve... anything above that is gravy.

Originally posted by WantsumBier
    When you start crafting there is not much you can do to improve the quality of your items. There are some buttons you can add to your hotkeys that improve durability, success, and the like. Hit your “L” or “K” button and click on the tradeskill tab. Note that there are (3) different skills for each type of crafting (tailoring, metal working, metal shaping ect…) You have to match up the skill with what you are crafting, for example some items crafted in the forge need metal working while others need metal shaping. As you raise you crafting skill levels you skills will improve (every 10 lvls). I think it is around lvl 10 that you have to make your first choice in specializing your skills (provisioner, outfitter, ect..) I hope this helps. To answer your question,  if you lose a bar you lose quality of your item. For example if you complete an item with all four bars you have created a pristine object. Each line you lose you lose a step in quality.  Pristine items get you more xp.

well, now i know how to craft ( and use thoose "spells"), but, there is another thing that came to my mind; i dont noticed ANY diffrence between the prestige one and the others, what excactly IS the diffrence?

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by sacreddaykil

Originally posted by WantsumBier

When you start crafting there is not much you can do to improve the quality of your items. There are some buttons you can add to your hotkeys that improve durability, success, and the like. Hit your “L” or “K” button and click on the tradeskill tab. Note that there are (3) different skills for each type of crafting (tailoring, metal working, metal shaping ect…) You have to match up the skill with what you are crafting, for example some items crafted in the forge need metal working while others need metal shaping. As you raise you crafting skill levels you skills will improve (every 10 lvls). I think it is around lvl 10 that you have to make your first choice in specializing your skills (provisioner, outfitter, ect..)

I hope this helps.
    To answer your question,  if you lose a bar you lose quality of your item. For example if you complete an item with all four bars you have created a pristine object. Each line you lose you lose a step in quality.  Pristine items get you more xp.

well, now i know how to craft ( and use thoose "spells"), but, there is another thing that came to my mind; i dont noticed ANY diffrence between the prestige one and the others, what excactly IS the diffrence?

Pristine crafted stuff is genenrally better.  Weapons and armor have better stats when you get them to pristine. Carpenter stuff has better rent reduction, provisioners get more food per successful pristine combine, bags and boxes have more slots etc etc.  Apart from that you always get a one time bonus for every different successful pristine.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Behind the tower on the island, you'll find what looks like the entrance to a storm celler and a guy standing nearby. Click on the storm celler and you'll enter the crafting instance. Talk to the guy behind the desk to get your first crafting book. Open your inventory and doubleclick on the book to add it to your crafting list.

You can now access the list any time you want by pushing "n" on your keyboard. When you click on any of the crafting tables in the place, the recipe book will automatically pop up showing the recipes you can craft on that particular table.

To access the buttons to counter the critical failures, press 'K' on your keyboard. You can put the buttons on one of your hotbars and you can click on them or use keyboard shortcuts to access them when crafting.