Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone wanna play Eve Online (not a joke) Tired of WOW too???

13»

Comments

• derf26derf26 Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Faur

If you don't like it, don't play it. But these "eve sucks because mining is boring and someone has to mine" arguments are getting really lame.
    I agree, and what's more important is that a lot of people really do enjoy mining and Pve'ing. I've talked to many 'carebears' and they have interesting reasons to like the peace and quiet of mining. For example, mining is relaxing, if done with friends it can be fun since you can chat with them as if you were on MSN, but at the same time you're gaining ores and minerals. Like an advanced IRC system really.

Others just like the feeling of mining something themselves, buying the blueprint and building their own ships or items, there's a rewarding feeling to it. Pve if done right can also be very exciting. Ever tried Pve'ing during a pretty big war? Anytime a hostile jumps into local your adrenaline starts rushing, cause at any moment PvP may start. In fact it's started the second they jump into local

And to all of those who hate Eve, answer the following questions:

1) How old are you? Because iirc the average age of an Eve player is between 20-25, and I know many people who are over 40. Most of them have jobs, families. If you're a kid who's halway through his hormonal changes then the likelihood is Eve isn't for you. Band of Brothers (one of the larger alliances in Eve) made a recent demographic survey of their alliance. Out of 1700 people not one was below the age of 16 and most were between 20-30.

2) Have you actually played the game for more than a couple of months to get to a stage skill-wise and in society (joining a corp or an alliance and getting responsabilities and roles) to be able to judge the game? Or have you (like most people who hate eve) played for a week or two, tried out a few things and decided your attention span was under that of a goldfish (3 seconds) and stopped playing?

Eve isn't a short-term reward game, if you want to play it prepare to invest time and effort into it. If you don't want to, don't play it. But don't dare critisize a game when in fact it is you that are lazy/stupid to do things right, or that you're too impatient.