Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well...I pretty much know I wont be buying L2

2»

Comments

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by BigPeeler

Originally posted by ramadin

The games not cool, its just like every other damn MMO this year and Its EXACLTY the same as Knight Online, just with better graphics.  L2 = Dookie, yay they fix the servers, now its just poo that you can log into finally.

City of Hero's Characters:
    - Black Samurai - Mezmo Man - Flare -

funny how u would have Tool as ur avi cuz thats just what u r... this is the same kid who was saying WoW was genre breaking... go play WoW or sumthin kid, u obviously had it in for this game form the start so y r u even here...

I actually love the idea in Lineage II. Being able to kill someone any time in the game can be exciting. The fact of being an elf and see a group of Dark Elves run by can sometimes make you hide behind a tree. And the castle sieges, i haven't seen them yet but they look hella awesome.

Personally this does not look like every other MMORPG. I really like this idea.

BTW, tool is teh rool image

FFXI- 30Warrior/13Monk
    Server- Lakshmi
    Linkshell- Drunken Chocobos (www.drunkchocobos.com)

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • DakkanonDakkanon Member Posts: 289

It's 2 days after the grand opening of OPEN BETA. How goes it?

As in regards to this thread and replies:

I don't know what exactly is going on with L2, nor have I tried to log on, but you'll have to understand that no one is perfect. The Devs had screwed up a number of servers upon the opening of beta. There bad, but mistakes happen.

As for the harsh judgement, it's 2 freakin days old! Give it time, if nothing changes leave it. If you're one of those people has a rod up there bum and makes a fuss over every little tidbit, leave. Don't waste your time posting hate mail about the game. I mean this with the utmost sincere and respectable way. It's abvious that L2 had some major issues with the lack of servers. Graphics are good, at least from what I've seen and previewed. As for game play, I've heard both sides, so it usually leans towards Good in my book... As long as the character graphics are better then Asherons Call.

Anywho, give L2 at least 2 weeks to before passing judgement. Give L2 the benifit of the doubt. And if you chose not to, so be it. Just be mature about it.

-Dakkanon
    Ryzom BT #478
    Horizon-White Dragon =Spirit Server=

-Dakkanon
    Paradigm, an Accretia Clan

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Anyone who requests to get into open beta will be accepted right?

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• feedtherichfeedtherich Member Posts: 105
    Open beta is not for marketing, it's for TESTING. They are testing the servers. If they had enough servers for everyone to have a perfectly enjoyable gaming experience, then obviously the servers wouldn't be pushed to their maximum limit. They NEED for the servers to be completely full in order to stress test. When the stress-testing is over, they will open more servers. The devs at NC Soft KICK ASS. There are hardly any bugs in the game, and those that existed in closed beta were fixed in a very short period of time. I know because I was there. I think the developers of the BIGGEST MMORPG IN THE WORLD know what they are doing. No more whining teenagers, thanks.
  • MagpieMagpie Member Posts: 63
    Agreed!!

There are only 10 types of programmers. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

Okay... remove the hassles and bugs and laggy servers blah blah blah... we all know that will be fixed eventually.   What I want to know is... for anyone who was actually able to experience gameplay...

Was it fun?

I just want to know.     I haven't played an mmorpg since I quit EVE last august.   I feel like cornflakes without the milk... Ying without my Yang... Captain without Teniel.   

I have seen the Arctic Circle... And it is round.

• DantesDantes Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by ValiumSummer

Okay... remove the hassles and bugs and laggy servers blah blah blah... we all know that will be fixed eventually.   What I want to know is... for anyone who was actually able to experience gameplay...
    Was it fun? It was okay.  I wasn't terribly impressed.
    I just want to know.     I haven't played an mmorpg since I quit EVE last august.   I feel like cornflakes without the milk... Ying without my Yang... Captain without Teniel.  LOL..I just subscribed to EVE.  So far in my 4 days of EVE, I've enjoyed myself more than playing FFXI or CB testing L2.
    I have seen the Arctic Circle... And it is round.

Beta tester supreme

Beta tester supreme

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517

I started playing it for a few hours because I really am shopping around for a good MMO until late summer comes around.  But that was really it and I don't care if I play it again.  Infact I'm going to go play DiabloII instead, THAT'S how lame Lineage is.  Nevermind the crappy oversight of Servers.

...Never mind that like the very first poster said... That this is considered part of the complete game because all Open Beta Avatars will remain in tact at retail...

...Never mind the nice eye candy...

Because I litterally sat there clicking the mouse just once every 15-30 seconds while watching the full 4 hours of Adult Swim.  By the time Spike got in his spaceship, crooned over that Julia bitch as usual, and headed back the Bebop, I had advanced 6 levels for no apparent reason because I was still a pathetic lowby and the only skill I learned so far was to sit down and regen a little faster. .. .. ... Yeah, just what I needed, even more proficiency at sitting on my ass until I can get up and kill 100 more cute little critters that never did shit to earn my ire except not die fast enough.

Someone tried to PK me but it was taking way too long so I just walked away and popped a sqaut until it was time to click-and-wait on the next bit of mobs.

Youd have to pay me to play this game again, if I could even get back into it again, servers were completely full at 7am in the morning.  Time to go looking for another game I guess,  MMO genre got me feeling like a fukkin palooka as usual image

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Unlike bugs and technical issues, replying to "is it fun?" of course all comes down to opinion.  I personally like the game and have a lot of fun playing it.

Right now its hard for many open beta players to answer this question if they havent played closed beta as they arent really able to experience the game the way it runs without massive overcrowding.  NCSoft made some really stupid decisions in the number of servers to have up for open beta and they are suffering for it.  It was extremely poor planning that will cost them many customers unfortunately regardless of it being open beta rather then release.

The thing to keep in mind is unlike Shadowbane, AO, or other games that launched with substancial bugs and problems L2 runs amazingly smooth and with almost no major bugs, lag, or connectivity issues.  Almost every problem the OB players are experiencing is due to a lack of game worlds and not problems with the game itself.

These problems have easy quick fixes (more game worlds via more servers) unlike the bugs in Shadowbane.exe that they cant quite seem to figure out.

Many people note a limit to character customization and I have to agree when it comes to the physical options.  You only get 2 faces to choose from which is extremely limited and only 2 hair colors as well.  This area could really use some more variety.

On the other hand the 6 hairstyle options for for the females is one of the best I have seen in a mmorpg.  Each is very unique instead of just a minor change that many mmropgs offer.  Also when it comes to armor and weapons I have yet to play a mmorpg with more variety and ways to make your character look unique.  There must be close to 30 unique armor designs per race if not more and I am amazed at the detail in each design.  Compare this to EQ's 3 per race and that equals a lot of variety.

Like I said above I enjoy the game and think its lots of fun but that just comes down to each persons opinion and what they are looking for. 

Technically L2 is very smooth and runs excellently and accomplishes some pretty great feats.  I have yet to play a mmorpg that could draw scenery so far into the horrizon (and imo beautifully) or handle so many people standing side by side in towns with this level of detail.

As long as they dont blunder at release and start with far to few servers I think L2 will do very well in the NA market.  Of course they would have done even better if they had planned properly for the Open Beta.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by feedtherich
    Open beta is not for marketing, it's for TESTING. They are testing the servers. If they had enough servers for everyone to have a perfectly enjoyable gaming experience, then obviously the servers wouldn't be pushed to their maximum limit. They NEED for the servers to be completely full in order to stress test.

LOL

The DEVs have already stated this is not a stress test issue....it never was.  The DEVs (front page of Lineage ][ under the "news" section) stated that they had underestimated the amount of people wanting to join the Open Beta and thus, the reason for the servers going crazy.

They messed up...personally, I dont understand their reasons for three servers for the entire free world (and it wasnt because it was a stress test)

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.