Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eternal Sunshine & Ladykillers

The two movies I saw rhis weekend.  Eternal Sunshine was just beautiful...great cinematography, wonderful story, and kate winslett and jim carrey were phenomenal.

Ladykillers was yet another classic Coen bros movie.  Tom hanks hit the nail on the head...but I think I'll need to see it again before fully appreciating it....still recommend it tho.

Comments

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

aw man, i was gonna make a topic bout ladykillers but figured id wait for someone else to...

ladykillers has to be the funniest movie ive ever seen. its so off the wall, but its not just potty humor, and when it is it lets you know that they know it is. i never saw the old ladykillers, but id kind of like to, because it seems kind of like this movie blends the old timeframe of the old movie with todays timeframe (rap music, etc.). just sooo many funy parts, and at the end where they each... well i wont ruin it, but those were my favorite scenes. damned cat! the general was awesome!

other than being funny, it was also very well-made. some of the parts were funny just because of the way it was made. especially some of the ways the cameras moved, or the way the angles were arranged, or they switched scenes at a certain time to show an event from a distance. it wasnt well-made so much in an artsy way, although some might call it art, but it was well-made in that it maximized the "funny-factor" or certain scenes/events. oh i just loved it so much, favorite movie in a long time.

and i wanna see eternal sunshine too. the majestic wasnt really all that good, being the only other movie where carrey tried to act, so id like to see this attempt.

--------------------------------------

• BagItTagItBagItTagIt Member Posts: 164

glad you liked ladykillers, too.  I agree about letting you know when it was supposed to be funny.  I literally laughed out loud throughout so many parts of this story.  What I was left wondering about was....the Coen brothers almost always saturate their movies with symbolism...this time I was left unsure if they did.  I think I saw a couple, but wanted to know if anyone else noticed any...

"Easiest thing in the world"