Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ryzom beta winners??

Hey guys, i was one of the people who won the ryzom beta.  They said theyd be sending me the goods within a couple of days.  its been like 2 weeks and still no stuffimage.  Anyone else having this problem?

I am the rubber ninja, See me bounce.

I am the rubber ninja, See me bounce.

Comments

• feratferat Member Posts: 6

I just got the download info this morning, so check again! ::::35::

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

I finally won something, and I have nothing to show for it.  I got the same E-mail saying that more info would come with a few days, but I have already begun to forget about Ryzom and I am getting into the Lineage II Open Beta. 

There are so many games coming, and my first notion is to give them all a try because I love MMORPGs, but thinking some more about the flooded market of these games, I suppose it is a good thing that some companies screw up before their game comes out . . . it helps me eliminate some of them from my long list.  <scratches Saga of Ryzom from the list>

It is one thing to have a buggy, incomplete game that testers must endure. 

It is something else to disregard potential testers/players and pass on false information.

If Themis is playing games already, I'd hate to see what will happen later on, when poor subscribers pay money for ? ? ?  a patch that will be released in 48 to 72 hours . . . .

No thanks.

• AlientAlient Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 315

Originally posted by Tymora

If it was complete and not buggy, I think they would release it and not have people test it. If you have to much of a problem enduring this, you shouldn't be testing.

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087
    I've got the email that has the download link in it but it doesn't work. Anyone else having problems? by the way-I've been playing Lineage 2 open beta. Good game (if you've got a great computer). someone stole my name though! image

Socializer 66% Never would've guessed...

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Yeah, I got the same thing. Not many people have answered since the server went down, but if they say anything it will probably will be here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadclass/174/loadforum/506/loadthread/11348/jumptopost/113149#113149

Many of them posted here when we first got them.

"No one can draw a clear line between sane and insane. You move that line as you see fit for yourself. No one else can. You'll understand soon... that the one that's insane is this world." - Vincent

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

Originally posted by Alient

If it was complete and not buggy, I think they would release it and not have people test it. If you have to much of a problem enduring this, you shouldn't be testing.

Some people get into BETA tests and look forward to "playing the beta".  There is a lot that people help out with by just being in the beta such as stress on the servers, but feedback and being an active critic about a game is important in testing, and sometimes, or in certain games, often is the case where testers fail to communicate with the developers.  I say "incomplete and buggy in a game" knowing full well that beta versions are likely to be that way, but the point you clearly missed was how the developers, or Themis, in this case, have not adequately communicated with the testers, andthat is the reason for my frustration.  I am thinking why should I put the time in to test when they can't put the time in to let us know what is going on with the beta? 

Next time you quote someone, quote the whole thing, not just the fragment you chose to read and comment about. 

Next time you quote someone, quote the whole thing, not just the fragment you chose to read and comment about.

I believe MMORPG staff has already mentioned it would be better to quote just the fragment that someone wishes to comment about. Just because I quoted that part doesn't mean I didn't read all of your post.

And I'm sorry if there are players that just "want to play beta." I have already made a comment in another thread defending these people, but if any of these people complain about having to "endure" an "incomplete and buggy game," I'm going to tell them they better go find something else to do.

I didn't miss the point about Themis not communicating very well with the soon-to-be beta testers. I just chose not to comment about that because I agreed with it.

Don't let your frustration out on other people who are also waiting on beta (I'm downloading very slowly at the moment). You get a rare opportunity to play a game before other people will have to cough up money to play it. And the way Themis is handling it isn't much different than other beta testings that I have seen. Calm down and enjoy life and everything will work out. ::::31::

• riva1riva1 Member Posts: 6

Thanks for posting this topic. A lot of us are going through the same thing.

I also won a beta slot, along with you guys; as did a good friend.

We're both still waiting to even get the download email, like some of you got.image

I'm not at all disappointed at mmorpg.com. It's way cool of them to take the time to host these contests on their sites.  I think it's pretty shabby for the game owners themselves, to offer a free contest, get tons of great FREE advertising & hype for their game... then not come through at all. We've been very patient, too.

Ryzom's the only one I've heard of so far that has really dropped the ball on coming through with the actual 'prize', as promised in their contest. Kind of makes one wonder what the rest of the experience will be like...that is, if we ever actually get in to play it. image On the other hand, we could all just run over to the Ryzom site & sign up for the public beta, which is supposed to be starting soon. Hmm, they can open it up to public beta sign-ups, but can't send us our prize? Interesting. image

Alient, if you understood the point of my post, why did you comment about "not having to endure a buggy beta test" when I was merely making that statement to compare that frustration with the much worse situation that is happening with this whole beta thing for Themis? 

My post wasn't about how hard it is to endure a buggy beta test, it was about the simple fact that Themis has left many people guessing and frustrated with a lack of communication.  I have learned that it is not only the game that players judge when choosing what to play, but also the way the makers go about their business before, during, and after it's release that has come to be a factor in deciding if people are going to pay money for a game.  If you understood my post you would have realized that I am giving up on Ryzom because I have gotten a bad impression of Themis, whether it is undeserved or not.  I haven't given up on it because it may be buggy and incomplete, but somehow you found it necessary to give us a little lesson by telling us that betas are often buggy.  Well thanks.

If I posted Saga of Ryzom sure looks like a piece of crap, but I really enjoyed it and it is the best game so far, you're the kind of person that would quote:

"Saga of Ryzom looks like a piece of crap" and then go on to share some of your wisdom with us all.  Hey life is good, I am always a happy girl, but ignorant people make me mad, and the world has got too many of 'em.

• flabairflabair Member Posts: 188
    hi, finally got a email from themis group about beta, said would be a few more days.

1. Alient, if you understood the point of my post, why did you comment about "not having to endure a buggy beta test" when I was merely making that statement to compare that frustration with the much worse situation that is happening with this whole beta thing for Themis? 2. My post wasn't about how hard it is to endure a buggy beta test, it was about the simple fact that Themis has left many people guessing and frustrated with a lack of communication. I have learned that it is not only the game that players judge when choosing what to play, but also the way the makers go about their business before, during, and after it's release that has come to be a factor in deciding if people are going to pay money for a game. If you understood my post you would have realized that I am giving up on Ryzom because I have gotten a bad impression of Themis, whether it is undeserved or not. I haven't given up on it because it may be buggy and incomplete, but somehow you found it necessary to give us a little lesson by telling us that betas are often buggy. Well thanks.3. If I posted Saga of Ryzom sure looks like a piece of crap, but I really enjoyed it and it is the best game so far, you're the kind of person that would quote:
    "Saga of Ryzom looks like a piece of crap" and then go on to share some of your wisdom with us all. Hey life is good, I am always a happy girl, but ignorant people make me mad, and the world has got too many of 'em.

OK, I'll quote everything this time.

1. I posted about the enduring part because once again you call it a frustration. It shouldn't be a frustration because if it is for you, you shouldn't be testing. This statement doesn't support the rest of your argument even though I may agree with the rest of your argument.

2. Your main thesis may have been about the lack of communication but that has nothing to do with your statement about enduring an incomplete and buggy beta. You have a right to have a bad impression on a company by their behaviour and lack of communication. I also understand the importance of companies to behave in an appropriate fashion and to communicate with their customers and even potential customers. I could use examples of other games that had this same problem through beta and some companies that didn't behave so well even after release of their game (just ask Kriminal about Neocron). I wasn't trying to give a lesson before and I'm not trying to give a lesson now. All of this should already be obvious.

3. If you said Ryzom looks like a piece of crap and I would agree with you but not say anything about it and then you went on to talk about the gameplay and how great it was and I thought the gameplay sucked and gave points to why I thought the gameplay sucked, would you be upset because I didn't say anything about how the graphics sucked? BTW, 75% of people think they are smarter than the average person.

Man, talk about lack of communication being frustrating, you are impossible to communicate with.  You only see what you want from what others write it seems, but whatever, now I know to skip over your posts, because it is obvious you have some kind of agenda going and you definitely cannot comprehend a simple idea even after it's explained to you twice, you'll just take a single statement and make it the topic.  Hey it works out good, just like the situation with the beta,  I have one less game to fit into my already busy schedule of gaming, now I have one less person to acknowledge on the boards . . . things are workin out.

Do you give up on everything so easy in life?

BTW, it's not that I did't understand your idea or post. You failed to undrstand mine. So, maybe it is my fault for not communicating very well. I'll make it plain and simple.
    STOP COMPLAINING SO MUCH.

• ChesterChester Member Posts: 2

"A few more days"..."A few more days"..."A few more days'

How many times do I swallow this line? It's looking more and more like beta test winners will have to pick up our copy at the nearest EB or Compusa. /sigh In the mean time I am not eligible for any other contests. /double sigh