Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Site Look Changes

MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

Yesterday, MMORPG.com unveiled our "New Look" v.1.2. The new look seeks to recapture a touch of the old site look and mix it with the newer site, giving players familiar and expanded abilities: our Games List now allows members to check at a glance whether a game is Free to Play or Pay to Play, The look now has better compatibility with high contrast monitors and more!

These changes and more were made in response to the great feedback that we received from you, our community members on the forums. We here at MMORPG.com want to make this the best possible place for you to make your MMO news home.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Comments

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217
    I like the nav bar now, it annoyed me before. Great job.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• kevinsalkevinsal Member Posts: 27
    yeah looks really good nice work on the update
  • Ammon777Ammon777 Member Posts: 308

Thanks, looks great!

I like the new old stuff way better than the old new stuff. :D

• SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290
    I always enjoyed the old site. I'm really enjoying the new layout and useful addons
  • gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

the "game quickjump" doesn't work very well

you can scroll forward nicely but just one click back takes you right back to the top of the list - makes it very annoying as you glide past the game you were looking for and as you try to back up to it you have to start over

• RanddRandd Member Posts: 409
    Originally posted by gatheris

the "game quickjump" doesn't work very well
    you can scroll forward nicely but just one click back takes you right back to the top of the list - makes it very annoying as you glide past the game you were looking for and as you try to back up to it you have to start over
    i agree with this. In order to use it properly i have to go out of full screen and slide over to catch the end of the screen

Also i like the self refreshing current topics area.
  • FireburstFireburst Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Great work
  • logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

I liked the older site ALOT better. I liked the way the sign in is.

I liked the way I could pick what mmo I wanted to look at before clicking on "forums".

I also liked being able to look at peoples profile

I just like the general look and colors better of the older build. Blue and silver...bleh. Give me good ol black and red!!

Call me old fashioned whatever...but Im not fond of the current look.

• GindaceGindace Member Posts: 161
    I really enjoy the new site design. It still has the feel of the old site ( whcih I liked a lot) with a taste of new. Navigation is really simple, having the top 5 forum topics in the front is fantastic, and everything else is really nice.

I don't know about the quick jumps and such, I don't use them. I'd rather go through the game list.
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Thank You! It looks great. I'm glad the tabs are gone, they are so annoying. Good job. I also see that the Search is pretty functional wich is good, but Meddle, why is the search downgraded from the old one? In the old one didn't it showed and highlighted what you were searching for or somthing?

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• ElenosElenos Member UncommonPosts: 73
    I'm glad you changed so fast, it's much better now :)
  • skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Originally posted by logangregor

I liked the older site ALOT better. I liked the way the sign in is.I liked the way I could pick what mmo I wanted to look at before clicking on "forums". I also liked being able to look at peoples profile
    I just like the general look and colors better of the older build. Blue and silver...bleh. Give me good ol black and red!!Call me old fashioned whatever...but Im not fond of the current look.

Well, you can view the forums from the game view, so you only see relevant forums for that particular game. Say you want to only look at Startrek Online. Goto Game List > Pick Star Trek Online > Goto forums (below the image of tha game / right of the our game logo for it) and there you go. (make sure you don't click the big forum button at the top of the page)

The user profiles are still around. Now instead of being a seperate button, the username in the post header is the link for user info.

You will have the option to use the old look of the site in the next few weeks. Now that we are feeling a bit better with the current one, the next task is to recreate the former look as much as possible given other changes, and we will offer it as a user selectable option.

• opusrexopusrex Member Posts: 21

I don't like it. Especially that crappy logo.

Though the forums is much better.

• VanaaBegraVanaaBegra Member UncommonPosts: 24
    I like the layout better now.

However, I still have issues with the width of the site, especially at work where I am limted to a 1024x768 screen. 

Also, with the new login bar, no autologin.

Also, Argh!  Where is my sig button?
  • gymirgymir Member Posts: 17
    Looks good
  • ZeroDepthZeroDepth Member Posts: 142
    Overall I like the new MMORPG.com layout, and especially the new features that help distinguish F2P from P2P games, which I are very helpful especially now in the Pre-Vanguard/Warhammer Online phase.

Nice work MMORPG :)

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Was a bit of a shock at first, but now I wouldn't want to go back to the previous one. I loooove the blue and the nice MMORPG.com icon/sign/whatever.

Keep up the good work