Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NGE Brain cramps

free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

All the people who play now are aware of the loot table 'Junk' factor. All the stuff that has no active part in the game. All the stuff that when we see it, was supposed to have function. Hearts, glands, brains to the rare ones like tha clothing repair kits and ration and survival kits. These all have symbolic function or could.

I wonder if SOE and devs have thought about a replacement to CA/AA with a decay? An example being the hearts. Gather and stack 25 hearts and add them as an ingredient to a slot filler in clothes or armor. Not a component in the finished armor, just a slot filler. This would add 25 to health on that slot but it's an added slot filler and in time depletes and needs to be replaced. The problem I see right now is the removal of slots when used. In old CA use, if you use a slot it was removed from the clothes and armor. That would need to change.

Anyone who has taken the time to stack these items knows it isn't as easy as all that. Not hard but not the cake walk it appears. So there would need to be a realistic amount of life for these ca/aa buffs and the amount of such a buff would be determined by the skill as much as the stack size but this would all allow for a return of crafters to the outfitting of players. It would require people to carry out continued harvesting of various parts and implement a use for all these 'useless' loots. I think that was the original design plan for the loot table we now have. To give a use for all loots. With a decay system on the buff and not the item, you feed a continued need.

I'm still thinking. I just wonder if anyone is understanding what I am saying?

Comments

• AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Yes, and i actually like the idea.
    Removing every form of decay from the game was a HUGE kick for the game economics removing any real need to spend the credits you hoard.
    Implementing something like this would, while not dmaging the oh so precius items themself, create both a money sink for those too lazy to get the decayable components themself, means of employement for components hunters and possibly some work for crafters as they would have to recharge your items with fresh components.
    A very nice idea and i would suggest you posting it on the official forums. image
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    This is sorta what they plan on adding with the crafter revamp although I don't know if it'd use the junk parts such as hearts, livers, etc :P  It wouldn't replace the current crafting system, but would replace the old component/AA/CA system of pre-nge.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    I don't know what they have planned but over the last 30 levels or so, I started saving one of the stack loots. I did it for a few reasons. One, I wanted to see where the stacks stop at and another being, I wanted to see if there were any hidden unlocks. No luck on either, I ended up with around 160 of the type I saved but it got me to thinking, add those as a resource. 1 to 1000. like resources now and have up to 4 slots open for those. A master might have the ability to put 1000 in each of the 4 slots and that would in prinicpal make a 100% stat armor or clothing in 4 stats. Whatever the cap is, you need 1000 to make that a 100% stat.  A perfect shirt you might say.  Based on my collection data, the possibility of getting alot of 'perfect' armor or clothing is slim to none for a very long time. Even the common drops like the brains and hearts don't all stack the same and the rare ones are not as abundant as we might think. To gather 4000 of any of these will be an achievement.
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    I know some people on Chilastra have collected over 1000 dented metal cases and sold them on the trade forums lol.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

For sure, it can be done, get a 1K stack but using the formula mentioned, that would require 9000 of 4 items to make say a perfect set of armor. 1000 for each stat X each armor piece.

I collected a middle item, the ship chassis. That one has clear symbolic value. Chasis Exper. The dented metal box has me stumped. I never figured out what that one would be token to. Maybe something for Architect exper or assembly?

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

repair kits...

Thats a good one.

• locdog420692locdog420692 Member Posts: 41
    I agree there is a lot of "junk" , although I feel that I leaves room for expanding on.  I hope they do something with it.