Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best PvE?

Will Eve win this one too?

Comments

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441
    WoW
  • End_of_a_eraEnd_of_a_era Member Posts: 527
    How about none?

imageimage

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441
    Originally posted by End_of_a_era

How about none?
    none of the above could work, but none would not in this case because there has to be a best or favorite PVE game
  • End_of_a_eraEnd_of_a_era Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by b0rderline99

Originally posted by End_of_a_era

How about none?
    none of the above could work, but none would not in this case because there has to be a best or favorite PVE game

SWG? Oh no SOE ruined that one.

imageimage

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

What?! EvE Online losing, surely not.

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    In retrospect EVE has more PVE freedom then any of the above MMO's.

WoW: You do quests, some instances, but its a long linear grind of "kill X in X at X". Alternatively you can grind mobs but its slower then questing.

EQ2: Same as WoW.

GuildWars: Group based instances with story. (I think is 2nd)

Ryzom: Traditional grinding with some "kill x in x at x" missions thrown in.

EVE: its important to take note that PVE in EVE isnt necessarily killing mobs. You progress in EVE by gaining wealth. Methods of gaining wealth in EVE: Mining, Hauling, Trading, Missions, Trad. Grinding, then I guess you could include "tradeskills" as PVE in EVE becuase they involve making isk: Researching, Manufacturing.

my thoughts on the subject... *shrug*

---

• ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    Not enough choices, mine was not there ....

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• HelldogHelldog Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by godpuppet

EVE: its important to take note that PVE in EVE isnt necessarily killing mobs. You progress in EVE by gaining wealth. Methods of gaining wealth in EVE: Mining, Hauling, Trading, Missions, Trad. Grinding, then I guess you could include "tradeskills" as PVE in EVE becuase they involve making isk: Researching, Manufacturing.

so if there would be a game with great sandbox pvp over territories,

and the pve would consist of these choices: press A 10000 times, press B 100000 times or finally press C 10000times and that would each yield you x money (wealth).

U'd classify the game as having great PvE? as u have loads of different choices to make money (although there is little content involved, if any at all. just PvP'ers sometimes interfering u from pushing D (the big money key in low sec space), although u could just go with button A wich is less money but entirely safe!.

Just my thoughts on EvE's PVE, its so remote I can't grasp it at all!!
  • LolusLolus Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Maybe WoW until you are 60 but current EQ2 beats it in all ways
  • nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

Eq2 winning and it wasn't even selected for the shortlist for the final of PvE in the other one.

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Originally posted by Helldog

Originally posted by godpuppet

so if there would be a game with great sandbox pvp over territories,

and the pve would consist of these choices: press A 10000 times, press B 100000 times or finally press C 10000times and that would each yield you x money (wealth).

U'd classify the game as having great PvE? as u have loads of different choices to make money (although there is little content involved, if any at all. just PvP'ers sometimes interfering u from pushing D (the big money key in low sec space), although u could just go with button A wich is less money but entirely safe!.

Just my thoughts on EvE's PVE, its so remote I can't grasp it at all!! Im trying to understand what your saying, but your grasp of grammar is as equal to your grasp of EVE. So im going on a hunch that I assume your saying that EVE PVE is simple and repetitive. I would like to respond by saying, could you please point out an MMO which isnt simple and repetitive.

All your doing in fantasy MMO's is exactly that, you kill a few mobs in area A, repeat in area B, repeat in area C. The difference in EVE however is you get a greater choice of how to waste your time. Whereas in gandalf MMO's its always killing things.

---

• indiindi Member UncommonPosts: 149

My criteria for a good PvE is a combination of a smoth and well working gameplay along with challenging fights which reward your effort dependant on how much risk was involved and how good your gaming skills are. While there is no game which fullfiled my requirements (especially because of my second criteria), so far the best PvE experience I personally had was in WoW and EQ2, eventhough I don't like nor play the games anymore. Especially WoW offers a very well programmed PvE, I yet have to find a game which is that smoth. Grinding is always involved in MMORPGs, so I don't value it too much since anything will get boring as long as you are forced to perform it 24/7.

The most fun PvE I ever had was in Anarchy Online, but this was mainly because it's the game I played most till now. The PvE I personally think was best are offered by the two games mentioned above.