Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will i like Anarchy Online :)?

Ok so im downloading AO, and i was wondering if it suits my style:

1 Sci-fi on the ground with guns

2 Will be able to solo-play

3 Not hardcore not casual..somewhere inbeetwen

4 Nice community, and a lot of ppl in citys etc

5 Easy to jumo into (iv heard that AO is not so newby friendly :( )

6 Nice sci-fi arts

7 FUN from the start :/ (almost from the start)

Comments

• CobaneCobane Member UncommonPosts: 151
    the game is so out dated man leave that alone. Do yourself a favor and just stop playing mmorpgs till conan comes out. Stop searching man. Its a waste of time beyond belief. let down after let down. If you build it they will come seems to be the golden rule in mmorpgs.
  • chad_19chad_19 Member Posts: 13
    To give you my opinion, i hated it! I thought it was a waste of download time and space. BUT thats just my opinion.

You are right when you say its not noob friendly... It really isn't. You rely a lot on the NPC's becuase everyone else seems too busy... or they're just rude :P

The graphics aren't fantastic... but reasonable.

Other than that the rest of your requirements meet the game. So i'd say at least play it to give it a try, you might like it.

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    AO was good for its time a few years ago but now its reaching its expiry date. I loved AO, its a classic imo and I list along side games like DAoC and EQ. But as you can see above, not everyone likes the same flavors of tea.

I suggest you give it a try, read some guides into your class. If you can see past the now outdated graphics and you enjoy the leveling system you could very well lead yourself to a satisfying future with this game. The community is still very solid and you wont have any trouble finding other players.

Imo, AO is newbie friendly, if your willing to read the guides. The way the UI and game is set out makes it very logical once you've got the hang of things. Its simply a case of finding the edges and the corners so you can fill in the centre of the jiggsaw puzzle.

AO kept me happy for a good year, but its changed much since then with the relase of AI and NE. Its a very different game.

---

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    AO is a pretty game, I don't like Sci-fi too much that s why i left it.

Graphic are ok (remember it is a 5 y/o game), you can solo because all the quests are instanced and they scale accordingly to the size of your group.

Gameplay is interesting enough.

Yes it is an ancient game, but it ticks all of your boxes, so i don 't see why u shouldn't like it, since there is no other game of the kind atm.

The only negative aspect of the game is the comunity which doesn't look too friendly or helpful.

But if u can overcome this obstacle i think AO is the game for u.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by dhartz

Ok so im downloading AO, and i was wondering if it suits my style:

1 Sci-fi on the ground with guns

2 Will be able to solo-play

Soloing is ridiculously inefficient in comparison to partying on th expansion packs. Like 1/6 of the xp

3 Not hardcore not casual..somewhere inbeetwen

The xp is very fast but like I said - only on the paid expansion packs (which are cheap compared to commercial games like Wow). It is a raid-grind, asin a medium grind followed by raiding at the end.

4 Nice community, and a lot of ppl in citys etc

Ya lots of people - you feel like you were missing out on this game when you hit a big city and its packed.

5 Easy to jumo into (iv heard that AO is not so newby friendly :( )

Its impossible to jump into. Ive played twice and got further the second time but there are no obsolute guides - Its just a case of following word of mouth and hoping its not BS.

6 Nice sci-fi arts

The graphics are dated and the mobs are a bit random but the cities & GUI have a good feel.

7 FUN from the start :/ (almost from the start)

The money grind sucks - most of the people around are re-rolling. There many different trade terminal BS armors and one uber armor that only re-rollers can afford so it becomes obvious that youre a n00b and I remember not being able to afford pots as a tank.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Aparently Gameloading loves this game

• OmegaLanceOmegaLance Member Posts: 15

I've played Anarchy Online some years back with the Shadowlands expansion. In my opinion, the Shadowlands expansion is a MUST. Shadowlands is probably the best expansion of any game out there. I think all expansions should follow Shadowlands. More quests, items, emmersive atmosphere, more land to cover, etc. The better community, and most players, seems to be in Shadowlands.

Playing outside of Shadowlands to me seemed a bit lower-rate, like the core game was the little brother and Shadowlands was the bigger, more complex sister.

In other words, Shadowlands is what Anarchy Online should be...

Of course that was a few years ago, I haven't played it in years and I don't really know how much it changed. But I do know that I really enjoyed it back then with Shadowlands.

I'll tell you to give it a try with Shadowlands.

• Stratus8Stratus8 Member Posts: 173
    There are many many that are expansion free that reached free endgame (level 200). Shadowlands isnt needed, but it will definitely help you level fast. You could just enjoy the regular game for a while before switching over or you can play expansion free all the way through (normally takes a year or so)
  • MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128
    well having just won a free account with expansions in the contest, Im hoping I like it :)

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...