Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do NOT Play List

SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

I see that this website and forums have new members coming every day. That's cool.

This is just a novel/spammy type thread w/ a purpose.

What games would you tell someone NOT to play?

1. Mu Online (read the Mu forums as to why, everyone says the same thing)
  2. Graal (starts out like NES Zelda for the tutorial then you leave the training and see ppl shooting stupid looking guns and riding in stupid looking cars)
  3. Furcadia (it's not even a game)
  4. Horizons (you'd have to play to understand, GAG)
  5. Biosfear/Savage Eden (same exact game, one's Eruo the other is American... Just a stupid game that has really cool looking screen shots. There isn't much to the game either.)

Edit:
I had to take Monster & Me off the list, because it's actually a neat game that's very dynamic on how your pets are raised.... It's just VERY repetative.

Explorer 20%

myspace.com/angryblogr
A Work in Progress.
Add Me

Comments

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015
    I have personally tried Mu Online, Graal, and Savage Eden. And.... I agree with you on those 3 completely. I found nothing entertaining about them at all. The only good thing I could say about Graal is that the normal subscription is free... Not much else to say. 

"No one can draw a clear line between sane and insane. You move that line as you see fit for yourself. No one else can. You'll understand soon... that the one that's insane is this world." - Vincent

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

i agree with all those except Horizons but thats only because i havnt played it...

if i had to name a few games they would have to be...

Runescape (do i have to explain why?)

and...

Dark Eden (seems fun at 1st, but after awhile it gets REALLY boring and repetitive)

--------------------------------------

• TyphoneTyphone Member Posts: 59
    I agree with all insept horizons, because I havent played it other than beta, and I am waiting till I hear something good about it to try it again.

• CrimeCrime Member UncommonPosts: 70

Agree with all and I just did a Horizon trial last week.

Game is so freaking horrible I don't want to even bother writing why 'cuz I'll just end up ranting for like 20 pages.

Good post. image

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Good list. Those games really are "To be avoided"
    Stupid me spent cash on Horizons. It'S not even a game as well.
    It's a crafting simulator.

I'd add SWG and Planetside to that list. Don't wast your money to SOE.

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by BigPeeler
    Dark Eden (seems fun at 1st, but after awhile it gets REALLY boring and repetitive)

Yeah..... I just downloaded that last week, it's still on my HD. I'm about lvl 25 and I started to see signs of a really bad game and just haven't gone back into it.

Cool Idea
    Bad Game

Explorer 20%

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • webBear1000webBear1000 Member Posts: 301

Don't play Dark Age of Camelot

It's stupid!!!

----------------------------------
    Don't jump off the roof Dad
    You'll make a hole in the yard
    ----------------------------------

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

steeple chase for atari sux too. its fun at first , but hten u realize all u do is rope cattle over and over

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Originally posted by webBear1000

It's stupid!!!

Considering DAOC is ranked No 1 to our members, I'm not sure if "stupid" is a justifyable reason.

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• DarktongueDarktongue Member Posts: 276

What games would you tell someone NOT to play?

1. Mu Online (read the Mu forums as to why, everyone says the same thing)
    2. Graal (starts out like NES Zelda for the tutorial then you leave the training and see ppl shooting stupid looking guns and riding in stupid looking cars)
    3. Furcadia (it's not even a game)
    4. Horizons (you'd have to play to understand, GAG)
    5. Biosfear/Savage Eden (same exact game, one's Eruo the other is American... Just a stupid game that has really cool looking screen shots. There isn't much to the game either.)
    6. SWG Hyped beyond belief and BLAND
    7. Lineage II  Souless bland asian "12 year old girls in little skirts" experience grind
    8. Risk Your Life   See above + boring.(dont care they are beta both the last two because they are almost gold now anyway and im not talking bugs)
    9. Neocron  PvP crazy germans with  CS that refuses to talk to you in english even though you ask them to and pay them too.
    10. Shadowbeta err Shadowbane  Stupid control system bad graphics and boring pvp AGAIN ( why the obsession with pvp i dont know lol)

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
    I'm afraid I can't agree with you on Dark Age of Camelot or Lineage 2. I'm a huge fan of both. Althought I stopped paying DAoC I loved the game. It was so much fun for the couple years I've played. I think that this is one of the games that everyone should try.

As for Lineage 2, I also enjoy this game a great deal. Ok, so the girls running around in skirts may be a bit too much, but that dosn't take away from how fun the game is. I enjoy the simple interface and the beautiful graphics. The sound track is also the best I have heard off of any MMORPG. I feel that this is a GREAT game to try out. There is a little bug with the log server where you can't get in, but its just in beta so it will be fixed.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• klaz20klaz20 Member Posts: 40

---Don't play Dark Age of Camelot ---

I have to disagree here. Played it since Beta. I'm burnt out now, but its still a great game. TOA may have messed it a bit, but theres no comparisons out there yet.

Originally posted by klaz20

---Don't play Dark Age of Camelot ---
    I have to disagree here. Played it since Beta. I'm burnt out now, but its still a great game. TOA may have messed it a bit, but theres no comparisons out there yet.

For good reason, almost as bad as shadowbane. Personal opinion of course.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by Malkavian

Originally posted by webBear1000

It's stupid!!!

Considering DAOC is ranked No 1 to our members, I'm not sure if "stupid" is a justifyable reason.

- Malkavian image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

Without saying DAoC is stupid, I dont think the fact it is ranked #1 mean it is any less stupid either! :)

Mythic sue Microsoft for some lame reason!  If withewolf would sue Dark Ages of Camelot for using the : Dark Age(which is their vampire medieval setting) and say it was their trademark, it would make as much sense to me! :)

Personnally I would say to not play any current MMORPG and wait for UXO, the more I read from WoW and EQ2, the more I grow distant and distastefull!  UXO is not really what I want either...bah...I am just an old grumpy and banality stuck me down!

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• holycannoliholycannoli Member Posts: 236

DAOC has gone seriously downhill though. At first it was a wonderful team based pvp game. Now it's ganking and buffbotting and 3rd party radar.

And poor Horizons. Anyone remember the original blueprint for that game? It was gonna be pvp and looked very similar to what D&L is looking like right now (one reason why I'm looking forward to D&L)

Now it's PvE and it won't succeed. I knew it.

Originally posted by holycannoli

DAOC has gone seriously downhill though. At first it was a wonderful team based pvp game. Now it's ganking and buffbotting and 3rd party radar.

And poor Horizons. Anyone remember the original blueprint for that game? It was gonna be pvp and looked very similar to what D&L is looking like right now (one reason why I'm looking forward to D&L)

Now it's PvE and it won't succeed. I knew it.

Yes I remember horizons when I was supper hyped for the game while it was in beta because it was the first decent sounding skill based game since uo, and how they had alot of things that I liked about uo in it. All of this was on there website.

However when I got my beta invite a few days later from a friend I found out they totally changed the game so that they could make it faster, they removed the skill based system in exchange for a level based treadmill and got rid of almost all the things I wanted in the game, I really thought they were a great company after that....

If I ever try the game I am not paying more than 15 bucks for it.

I frecking hate companies that lie to me.

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

FFXI

RYL

L2

City of Hero's Characters:
    - Black Samurai - Mezmo Man - Flare -

-----------------Censored------------------

Originally posted by Anofalye

Without saying DAoC is stupid, I dont think the fact it is ranked #1 mean it is any less stupid either! :)
    Mythic sue Microsoft for some lame reason!  If withewolf would sue Dark Ages of Camelot for using the : Dark Age(which is their vampire medieval setting) and say it was their trademark, it would make as much sense to me! :)
    Personnally I would say to not play any current MMORPG and wait for UXO, the more I read from WoW and EQ2, the more I grow distant and distastefull!  UXO is not really what I want either...bah...I am just an old grumpy and banality stuck me down!

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

According to the majority of our present members, they do not consider this game "Stupid". This thread is about what games you would not recommend and why. To only say "its stupid" doesn't warrent it being on a "list of do not play". If you think it's stupid, explain why that is the case.

Without straying from the topic as this has been discussed in many previous threads, Mythic v Microsoft was a justifyable case involving name recognition which had more basis than your hyperthetical "medievil setting".

Your entitled to your opinions as much as anyone else here. Pay what you want to play i say.

- Malkavian image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Without straying from the topic as this has been discussed in many previous threads, Mythic v Microsoft was a justifyable case involving name recognition which had more basis than your hyperthetical "medievil setting".

Your entitled to your opinions as much as anyone else here. Pay what you want to play i say.

- Malkavian image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

Point taken where I dont speak more.

But no matter how evil Microsoft is, Mythic sueing Microsoft because they name a game Mythica is lame. :)  No single word belong to anyone.  Anyone can use Mythic or any derivation, anyone can use Entertainments or any derivations, just not both.  Of course, a name that mean nothing in our language is another matter, but Mythic mean something.

Mythic, mistic and all such derivations belong to our culture and thereby cannot belong to any single company!

I never see TSR sue anyone using either word:  "Dungeons"  or "Dragons", as long as nobody use both.

Mythic Entertainment are grievers and their case is a very bad attack on everyone freedom, of course I will not grive for Microsoft, they are baddies themselves! :)

Sony would *hopefully* not sue anyone that use either "Ever" or "Quest", as long as they dont use both.

Otherwise, if a game was named: DragonQuest,  both Sony and TSR could sue them and they would have no point in doing so but just a pure bad attitude!

Mythic Entertainment choose a name that is a *common* language, and they have no right to sue everyone using Mythic or Mythica, or Mythical or whatever else!  That word belong to our culture, not to a single company!

Anyway, my point of view!  No more, but I sure am holding to it and I will not have forgot that case in many many years!

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

- Malkavian image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

Point taken where I dont speak more.

But no matter how evil Microsoft is, Mythic sueing Microsoft because they name a game Mythica is lame. :)  No single word belong to anyone.  Anyone can use Mythic or any derivation, anyone can use Entertainments or any derivations, just not both.  Of course, a name that mean nothing in our language is another matter, but Mythic mean something.

Mythic, mistic and all such derivations belong to our culture and thereby cannot belong to any single company!

I never see TSR sue anyone using either word:  "Dungeons"  or "Dragons", as long as nobody use both.

Mythic Entertainment are grievers and their case is a very bad attack on everyone freedom, of course I will not grive for Microsoft, they are baddies themselves! :)

Sony would *hopefully* not sue anyone that use either "Ever" or "Quest", as long as they dont use both.

Otherwise, if a game was named: DragonQuest,  both Sony and TSR could sue them and they would have no point in doing so but just a pure bad attitude!

Mythic Entertainment choose a name that is a *common* language, and they have no right to sue everyone using Mythic or Mythica, or Mythical or whatever else!  That word belong to our culture, not to a single company!

Anyway, my point of view!  No more, but I sure am holding to it and I will not have forgot that case in many many years!

I am with you on this to an extent.

I agree with you there. 

Your previous point regardng a "medievil theme" was the basis of my argument however and those who consider posting 2 words a justifyable reason not to play a perticular game. image

- Malkavian image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

• XanderZaneXanderZane Member Posts: 226

Yes.. I agree. You should remove DAoC, SWG and Lineage 2 from the list.  Lineage 2 isn't even out yet. Other games you might want to add is "There, The Sims Online, Ragnarok Online, Earth & Beyond, Eve Online & Project Entropia.

Reasons?  "There" and "The Sims Online" are just glorified chat rooms. "There" is probably a bit better, but both are still boring and not worth anyones time, unless they are extremely lonely and need someone to talk to. image

Ragnarok is a Diable 2 wannabee. All you do is fight and grind to level, level, level and it get so tedious and repetitive after a while, it becomes boring. The graphics are between NES & SNES quality and you have to pay almost $12 to play this thing. Ridiculous. It should be no more then $3-$5 a month.

Earth & Beyond and Eve: Online are boring to me as well. You spend a lot of time just flying through space and doing fetch and retrieve missions. If you thought this game was going to be like Freelancer you're gravely mistaken. I know some people enjoyed these games, but most didn't which is why EA has already pulled the plug on E&B. Eve: Online will be next once Eq2, Lineage 2 & WoW are on retail shelves.

Project Entropia claims that their MMORPG game is FREE. Oh yeah, it's FREE if you just want to roam the world for hours and do absolutely NOTHING!! If you want to get into the action, you need to spend REAL "do-ra-me" $$$$. The better the weapons, armor and items you need, the more REAL $$$$ you'll pay. The economy is in shambles as people are selling weapons for like 4-5X what they original cost to make RL $$$$. The game isn't the worse out there, but it's far from being anything great. I'd stay clear.

Xander

Xander

• XanderZaneXanderZane Member Posts: 226

Mythic would have lost that lawsuit. Why? Because even though Mythica is pretty close to Mythic, it's NOT MYTHIC. Also, Mythic never claimed any rights to any products being released as Mythica. Just because the name of the game was close to theirs, doesn't mean it would hurt their business in any way, shape or form. I don't think Mythic would be able to prove that it would. When they created the name for their company, they should have include "Mythica, Mythics, Mythicans, etc.." as words owned by them and they wouldn't have had to worry about this. It's a mute point right now, unless Microsoft sells the rights of the game to another company. Most likely, that company will change the names. Nuff said. image

Xander

Xander

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Mythic sue Microsoft for some lame reason! If withewolf would sue Dark Ages of Camelot for using the : Dark Age(which is their vampire medieval setting) and say it was their trademark, it would make as much sense to me! :)

But no matter how evil Microsoft is, Mythic sueing Microsoft because they name a game Mythica is lame. :) No single word belong to anyone. Anyone can use Mythic or any derivation, anyone can use Entertainments or any derivations, just not both. Of course, a name that mean nothing in our language is another matter, but Mythic mean something.

Ok and Mythic sueing over the name Mythica is worse than Microsoft going on a powertrip and coercing some small time guy and threatening to sue over his website www.mikerowesoft.com how exactly? Not saying Mythic was right in what they did, but I do believe considering how soon after the Mike Rowe incident and the Lindows incident that this took place that Mythic was more tryign to prove to Microsoft that they can't bully everyone else around without expecting it to happen to them too than trying to actually lay any claim to the word mythic.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

Originally posted by Kunou

Mythic sue Microsoft for some lame reason! If withewolf would sue Dark Ages of Camelot for using the : Dark Age(which is their vampire medieval setting) and say it was their trademark, it would make as much sense to me! :)

But no matter how evil Microsoft is, Mythic sueing Microsoft because they name a game Mythica is lame. :) No single word belong to anyone. Anyone can use Mythic or any derivation, anyone can use Entertainments or any derivations, just not both. Of course, a name that mean nothing in our language is another matter, but Mythic mean something.

Ok and Mythic sueing over the name Mythica is worse than Microsoft going on a powertrip and coercing some small time guy and threatening to sue over his website www.mikerowesoft.com how exactly? Not saying Mythic was right in what they did, but I do believe considering how soon after the Mike Rowe incident and the Lindows incident that this took place that Mythic was more tryign to prove to Microsoft that they can't bully everyone else around without expecting it to happen to them too than trying to actually lay any claim to the word mythic.

heh good point.