Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

laptop or pc?

OK here is my problem im going to get a new comp soon and TBH I'm bored of playing MMO's and I'm thinking that maybe with the "next gen" consoles I'll be able fill my online gameing needs with them. so, do i build a new desktop or spend that cash on a nice spec laptop?

Tin Foil hats dont work.. its all a conspiracy

Comments

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170
    The question is really how much use you would have of the moveability of the laptop. If only using computers at home, there is absolutely no reason for you to buy one.

• viadiviadi Member Posts: 816

well i have 2 desktops at home right now (both in my office) one for work and one for home/family work said they will buy me a new laptop (thats better for me then i only have one work pc rather than 1 at home and 1 in the office) but then if im honest i hate sitting in this room its cold and small i want to be able to move around but i know this will come at a cost because even with the new tech in laptops ill still loose power for gaming if i deside to join a new MMO (stargate worlds looks great) so im stuck in limbo only a £2k+ laptop would be good enought to play games on but i hate sitting in this room

Tin Foil hats dont work.. its all a conspiracy

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by viadi

well i have 2 desktops at home right now (both in my office) one for work and one for home/family work said they will buy me a new laptop (thats better for me then i only have one work pc rather than 1 at home and 1 in the office) but then if im honest i hate sitting in this room its cold and small i want to be able to move around but i know this will come at a cost because even with the new tech in laptops ill still loose power for gaming if i deside to join a new MMO (stargate worlds looks great) so im stuck in limbo only a £2k+ laptop would be good enought to play games on but i hate sitting in this room

Well proble with working on your gaming computer can be compressed into the following........Keyloggers [does your work use confidential customer details] Trojans    Virases etc.

Its probably best that you keep work and gaming/surfing seperate. Also desctop computers are much better when it comes to upgrading [more internal room]. Aslo unlike laptops you can amke your own case so desktops are more fun that way too.

Right now my computer is egg shaped like the Pods you get in EvE

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627
    If you have the money, get a laptop and a docking station.  Then if you're in your office, you can use a standard kb, mouse & monitor but yet have the flexibility to move around the house if needed.  The only downside to this is you need to fork out a large amount of cash to get a decent laptop that won't be obsolete as a DTR in a couple months.
  • hazmatshazmats Member Posts: 1,081

why not buy a cheaper laptop for work stuff, 500 bucks, then get a good 1500 PC, which will last you a very long time.

I have my PC i bought for $900 2 years ago and still play all the new games just fine.

• MiNaAuMiNaAu Member Posts: 382
    Laptops are good if you travel a lot, but I have a pc because I'm lazy but it's hard to find laptops that are as good as PCs. I prefer pc though.
  • LightShotLightShot Member Posts: 2

um... depends on how ur goin to use it... if u travels alot, then buy a laptop whatsoever. if ur going to stay at home more often then buy a desktop computer. overall, desktop's memory and hard disk and stuff are way better than laptop's, but depends on the price../

u can look at the info of the computer ur buying.