Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What a *** Damn Bad Game

FearMezFearMez Member Posts: 12

this game is damn right awful (like my english) the adverts for this game make it seem pimped but if u notice all the adds are of real ppl dressed like chraters VERYVERY smart of this game as the GFX SUCK! i mean iv played loads of mmorpg i got to lvl 300 on this game just cos i was so sure if i got 300 this game would prov to be as good as it says it is no way get 300 wowowow wot will i do now outher then buy all there expansion packs they got for sale cos ofc with shadowlands this game must own but no it suxs just liek the maker of this game damn it man who ever maped this game is just just just i cant even say it cos lil kids will be reading this. im hellish sry to yall who love this game but its how i feel about it any how over and out.

Comments

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    Wow, quite a feat there making it to level 300, come to think of it, I believe you're the first one to ever do it, now how could that be?

Oh wait, the max level is 220 numbskull, and thats if you are paying for the expansions, and it can take years to reach that point.

Nice try, but its obvious that you barely got past the character creation screen, even if that far, and we all know about the graphics.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• CaniguaCanigua Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by Aelfinn

Wow, quite a feat there making it to level 300, come to think of it, I believe you're the first one to ever do it, now how could that be?

Oh wait, the max level is 220 numbskull, and thats if you are paying for the expansions, and it can take years to reach that point.

Nice try, but its obvious that you barely got past the character creation screen, even if that far, and we all know about the graphics.
    He probably saw lvl 300 GM and thougt it was the max lvl,hehe
  • eytchdieytchdi Member Posts: 26
    wow.. you got so far..

and didnt expect this game to be that bad.. now i dont wanna try to play it.. ( havent tried it yet)

H.&D.™

• chad_19chad_19 Member Posts: 13
    No offence but, I've played the game... and hated it!, even i cant bring myself to believe you reached level '300'. Also, if i may ask, if you hated the game so much... why on earth would you go and BUY the expansions?

Other than that... I'm with you, the game sucks!

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    What a moronic post

---

• Major_SkillzMajor_Skillz Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by FearMez

this game is damn right awful (like my english) the adverts for this game make it seem pimped but if u notice all the adds are of real ppl dressed like chraters VERYVERY smart of this game as the GFX SUCK! i mean iv played loads of mmorpg i got to lvl 300 on this game just cos i was so sure if i got 300 this game would prov to be as good as it says it is no way get 300 wowowow wot will i do now outher then buy all there expansion packs they got for sale cos ofc with shadowlands this game must own but no it suxs just liek the maker of this game damn it man who ever maped this game is just just just i cant even say it cos lil kids will be reading this. im hellish sry to yall who love this game but its how i feel about it any how over and out.

OMG! Are you so stupid as to think anyone would believe that you leveled to 300  to then make this post? STFU asshat. I don't play AO, I have however.

The fucking game is like 8 years old and was hot when you were still in your dads sack.. No, it's hot now. Thanks for sharing the obvious loser.

• ProtuniaProtunia Member Posts: 111
    Hey Ive played this one and its complex and can be a grind at times but its interesting and fun too ;)

omg u guys r such a bunch of pricks dident it accer to u for one second that i made a misstake by putting 300 down in stead of 200 -.-

Once again you got it wrong,it's 220.If you are gonna bash a game without no knowlegde of it,atleast do some research on it,it make you sound a little less dumb

And it would have been a typo if you said 300 one time,not three times,nice try though

Originally posted by chad_19

No offence but, I've played the game... and hated it!, even i cant bring myself to believe you reached level '300'. Also, if i may ask, if you hated the game so much... why on earth would you go and BUY the expansions?

Other than that... I'm with you, the game sucks!

Well it's your right to say it suck,atleast you don't mislead people :P

+1 btw

• FearMezFearMez Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by Canigua

omg u guys r such a bunch of pricks dident it accer to u for one second that i made a misstake by putting 300 down in stead of 200 -.-

Once again you got it wrong,it's 220.If you are gonna bash a game without no knowlegde of it,atleast do some research on it,it make you sound a little less dumb

And it would have been a typo if you said 300 one time,not three times,nice try though

wot can i say i bullshited ^^ but i couldent tell u lot i got to lvl 146 could i looool ^_^ forgive my nushiness

• Stratus8Stratus8 Member Posts: 173

I cant read his post so I wont flame it.
    Getting to 146 requires atleast 3 weeks of gameplay, and thats if you play 24/7 and subscribe to the expansions.

I think you got to level 20, lost interest and decided to spam your discontent here.

---

• Phoenix_HawkPhoenix_Hawk Member UncommonPosts: 290

With expansions in SL and teams 100 can be done in a couple days, 200 in under a week and no, you don't need to play 24 hours a day or even close to do either. One guy with enough preplanning and help from org mates (teaming) did 220 in a couple days of game time apparently.

This and the OP in the other thread bashing AO are just here to bash the game and nothing more, don't respond, it's a wasted effort (this is already at the top of the list so makes no difference to it's position if I reply). It's a good chance both may never even played it, just looked at the screen shots and said, "gee, the graphics aren't enough to make me wet my pants so I can't brag to may friends that I'm playing a game with insanely good graphics." If you look at some game reviews on MMORPG.com they even say just that, they never played it but are making a review based on screen shots, this is for games that have already been released by the way. I've seen people ask for advice on a game to play that said "I need a game that's free and has really good graphics, it doesn't matter if the game is any good just so long as the graphics are great and it's free." Yeah, that makes sense, hey I hate every second of playing it but gee, it sure looks good.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    I found this game to be awsome beyond graphics. The storyline, content and fun of this game is purley an enjoyment. This MMORPG has showed that there is more than graphics when it comes to games....

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Originally posted by Phoenix_Hawk

With expansions in SL and teams 100 can be done in a couple days, 200 in under a week and no, you don't need to play 24 hours a day or even close to do either. One guy with enough preplanning and help from org mates (teaming) did 220 in a couple days of game time apparently.
    Thats pretty crazy...  Wow!  The games changed quite abit then.

---

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    Originally posted by godpuppet

Originally posted by Phoenix_Hawk

Thats pretty crazy...  Wow!  The games changed quite abit then. Its only doable if you press the limits to the max, the leveling up guy in a team of people a lot higher than him but still within XP range, and someone outside the team, usually max level, tanking. The tank gets all the mobs to aggro on him at once, while the XP team whacks away at the NPCs that they would otherwise have been quickly slaughtered by. Massive amounts of XP, achieved far faster than any other method allows for. Powerleveling like this to my mind is an exploit, but its using the natural and "working as intended" game mechanics, so Funcom cannot do anything about it. At least not untill they change the teaming rules.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    The only reason i never played that game was because i was never able to get into it (you could say the game was not my type).  But about the game being bad, that i really cant say .

This is not a game.

• DelzoDelzo Member UncommonPosts: 143
    You think the advertisements are real people? Seriously?

Anarchy Online for me is the closest thing to the ground game in SWG before "the incident". Deep, complex, and drives level-grinding "I want it handed to me" players crazy.

Graphics aren't awesome, but good enough to play while still keeping the fringe element out.

• evilednaeviledna Member Posts: 29
    "this game is damn right awful (like my english) the adverts for this game make it seem pimped but if u notice all the adds are of real ppl dressed like chraters VERYVERY smart of this game as the GFX SUCK! i mean iv played loads of mmorpg i got to lvl 300 on this game just cos i was so sure if i got 300 this game would prov to be as good as it says it is no way get 300 wowowow wot will i do now outher then buy all there expansion packs they got for sale cos ofc with shadowlands this game must own but no it suxs just liek the maker of this game damn it man who ever maped this game is just just just i cant even say it cos lil kids will be reading this. im hellish sry to yall who love this game but its how i feel about it any how over and out."

Hahahaha. O.o

• ValorusValorus Member Posts: 235
    Originally posted by eviledna

"this game is damn right awful (like my english) the adverts for this game make it seem pimped but if u notice all the adds are of real ppl dressed like chraters VERYVERY smart of this game as the GFX SUCK! i mean iv played loads of mmorpg i got to lvl 300 on this game just cos i was so sure if i got 300 this game would prov to be as good as it says it is no way get 300 wowowow wot will i do now outher then buy all there expansion packs they got for sale cos ofc with shadowlands this game must own but no it suxs just liek the maker of this game damn it man who ever maped this game is just just just i cant even say it cos lil kids will be reading this. im hellish sry to yall who love this game but its how i feel about it any how over and out."

Hahahaha. O.o

Sadly the graphics are outdated.  I played AO from it's beta to about a year and half after release and had a great time.  If the day they decide to even just update the character graphics I'd more than likely go back, but the few times I've tried to get back into it I cannot get past the outdated character graphics.
  • VashnerVashner Member Posts: 58

You have to remember AO is one of the worlds Founding MMO's. Made by a small group of people across the pond.

At a time there where only a few games around. Bottom line you may not like it today but it was built with love

and it was fresh at the time. Still have unique features and it was totally original storyline.

• mastervilemastervile Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by Vashner
    You have to remember AO is one of the worlds Founding MMO's. Made by a small group of people across the pond.
    At a time there where only a few games around. Bottom line you may not like it today but it was built with love
    and it was fresh at the time. Still have unique features and it was totally original storyline.

It still would still be a great game if funcom weren't currently such an incompetent company. Its gotten worse over the years now with lost eden its pretty much unplayable funcom has given it a death sentence,but it used be the best. Best thing could happen to ao is if funcom goes bankrupt and new company that actually cares for the game and its players takes it over and stops funcom's stupidity.

Originally posted by mastervile

It still would still be a great game if funcom weren't currently such an incompetent company. Its gotten worse over the years now with lost eden its pretty much unplayable funcom has given it a death sentence,but it used be the best. Best thing could happen to ao is if funcom goes bankrupt and new company that actually cares for the game and its players takes it over and stops funcom's stupidity.

Omg,why don't you just move on to another game and bitch over there instead,you bitter little troll
  • mastervilemastervile Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Canigua

Omg,why don't you just move on to another game and bitch over there instead,you bitter little troll Freedom of speech is thing going around these days if you didn't notice. Although i see that you are located in norway the home of funcom. Perhaps you are a funcom employee posting  to keep funcom's reputation unharmed. No matter how much you insult me it changes nothing. Ao was a great game and funcom did everything they could think of to ruin it. Many people are quiting now including myself because zoneing is considered an exploit now and the game has become unplayable due to funcom's incompetence. I have the freedom of speech to post this to the public and tell them what funcom has done to ao and how they treat their paying customers. If you want to shut up people for speaking their mind It might be a good idea for you to move to another country where the freedom of the press doesn't exist,North Korea perhaps you would be most welcome there.

• InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236

Freedom of speech is thing going around these days if you didn't notice.

Actually freedom of speech doesn't exsist on a privately owned message board. If the admins don't like what you say they can ban you for it . Not saying they would do that though. Only if you break a rule.

As for the OP I don't know what they were expecting from one of the founding MMOs. it's six years old now the graphics are going to look dated.  AO had it's flaws, but I'd love to see an MMO that didn't. considering the game is free now I really don't see why your complaining.. or why on earth you thought after "200" levels you thought the game would only then get fun.