Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Convoys today?

lorechaserlorechaser Member Posts: 124
I played AA in the beta, and I generally enjoyed it.  But the main part I found lacking was Convoys.  There seemed to be no reason at all to join a convoy, and in fact, it was often a waste of time doing so, because you spent more time trying to find your convoy and keep with them than anything else.

Has that changed?  Are there real benefits to grouping now?

Who am I?
@Lorechaser on CoH
Badjuju, Splinterhoof, Plainsrunner on WoW (Moonrunner)
Shyy'rissk on SWG (Flurry)
ClockworkSoldier, HE Pierce, Letnev on Planetside
Gyshe, Crucible, Terrakal on DDO
And many more.

Comments

• HeLL_SNXHeLL_SNX Member Posts: 239
    PLayers underestimate convoy playing.

For one you get more xp when convoyed as your convoys total xp is distributed amongst the whole convoy.

The kill multiplier is also easier to max which also boosts your xp amount.

You are more likely to drop enhanced items when convoyed.

Healing classes have convoy heal skills, so its easier for them to heal you if you are convoyed with them.

Lets not forget it also breaks the repetitivity of driving back and forth killng x amount of y when you can do this with others.

You also learn the basics of group battles, before you hit the endgame PVP zone where tbh convoying is the only way to go atm.

YOu are basically strongest when in a convoy as each class has at least 1 group buff skill. Wether thats accuracy, dps or resistance.

Theres also a new level 18 instance recently added for each faction ,which will require at least 2 players to complete it.

This was added precisely because of the lack of forced grouping issue that you have also noticed.

A level 80 instance has also been added (The Tower) which requires a convoy of at least 3 to complete.

HAving a rezzer or healer about is a neccessity in t his instance.

This does not mean you are forced to group tho.

The game is soloable upto 74'ish apart from a few mobs (and the above stated instance) that may cause you trouble by outdoing your damage with heals.

At the end of the day, the most dominating groups in the game are the ones who learn to fight as a group and spec to buff each other.

It os generalyl quite easy to get a convoy together. Best way is to ask in faction chat or general chat for players who are at your level to help with missions etc.

I don't really know of anyone using the LFC tool (top right corner). Best way is to ask in the chat channel.

Good Luck and Cya in the wastelands!

WHAT IS AUTO ASSAULT?
    AUTO ASSAULT 14 DAY TRIAL
    "It is the nature of herds that they flock to where there are more of the same not more quality."

• lorechaserlorechaser Member Posts: 124
    Excellent.

The other problem with beta was that while everyone knew that, in theory, you had buffs, heals, etc, no one really wanted to use them.  So getting in a convoy was mostly just the increased kills. 

Thanks for the input.  I'm installing AA again while I'm at work, so I may be around tonight.  ;)

Who am I?
    @Lorechaser on CoH
    Badjuju, Splinterhoof, Plainsrunner on WoW (Moonrunner)
    Shyy'rissk on SWG (Flurry)
    ClockworkSoldier, HE Pierce, Letnev on Planetside
    Gyshe, Crucible, Terrakal on DDO
    And many more.