Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

play on Eu server for free or have to pay? help!!

kctocdokctocdo Member Posts: 5
anyone knows whether we will have to pay on EU server if it gets final state? i know US server will be free with option to buy premium package. But i dont know whether Eu server will be free to after open beta. plz help!

Comments

• LougarouLougarou Member Posts: 278
    Their business model hasn't been revealed yet but it'll most likely be F2P as well, unless they don't want any customer.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by Lougarou
    Their business model hasn't been revealed yet but it'll most likely be F2P as well, unless they don't want any customer.

Don't count on it. They made Carpe Diem P2P and it's worse::::07::

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    QFT

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    EU server will have no monthly fee. Although that suprised me. The total costs for this game were $10mln ish!
  • junkroomjunkroom Member Posts: 82

Originally posted by sven101
    EU server will have no monthly fee. Although that suprised me. The total costs for this game were $10mln ish!
    Are u sure it's free??? Because Persistent World had made Carpe Diem P2P. I thought it would be the same with 9dragons, but i haven't read anything about it yet so I don't really know... It cost $10 mil-ish to develop, but they didn't develop it, they are only publishing it :) 

• herbboyBRherbboyBR Member Posts: 32

Im just spamming.

Im also going to change my signature any second and remove the drug references.

I know I will get banned if I dont.

-)G(- Herb Boy McPoT

• StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165
    I hope it's free. I'd buy it if it was free, but not if it was pay to play.

• ManicJediManicJedi Member Posts: 68
    This has been the subject of much debate over at the EU boards for 9D and as far as I know PW has not said what it will be as of yet. But my guess it will be F2P but I dunno..I am just a sill yank.

• Mstng9961Mstng9961 Member Posts: 85

To me it would not be wise to make it P2P when the US counterparts are going F2P.  That would make everyone just play the F2P one IMO.

• liger00xliger00x Member UncommonPosts: 35
    omg they alrdy stated on this site infact that this game is gonna be free to play so stop asking its annoying
  • Spark71191Spark71191 Member Posts: 12
    Actually it's going to be pay to play if you check the forum.

• WeareweareWeareweare Member UncommonPosts: 195
    I've been checking the forum for over a month, they never said anything about it being pay to play. Show me a link where it says this please?

• Spark71191Spark71191 Member Posts: 12

Check this out.

http://www.persistentworlds.co.uk/Support/TermsofService/9Dragons/tabid/231/Default.aspx

"B. To register an Account to play 9Dragons, you will be required to provide Persistent Worlds Limited and SecureAccount with: (i) your name, address and phone number; (ii) the "Authentication Key" from the 9Dragons Software you purchased; (iii) accurate, complete, and updated billing information for payment of the Service subscription fee. Failure to comply with the foregoing or to update the foregoing if your contact information or billing information changes shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in the immediate termination and deletion of the Account. As such, it is imperative that you provide Persistent Worlds Limited and SecureAccount with accurate, up to date information. In the event that Persistent Worlds Limited or SecureAccount learns that you have provided false or misleading registration information, Persistent Worlds Limited and SecureAccount reserves the right to immediately terminate and disable or delete the Account."

Theres the key words for ya.

• ToocoolToocool Member CommonPosts: 21
    Well said spark. I am tired of all these n00bs saying it is going to be F2P when it has alot of key words on the site and on forum that it is going to be P2P. Thats why acclaim is going to get like 90% of the n00bs from PW. Because they are going to find out it is P2P and then come join the US version.
  • LavecLavec Member UncommonPosts: 43
    From Acclaim themselves (http://phpbb.acclaim.com/9dragons/viewtopic.php?t=530):

All of Acclaim’s games are free to play. The games are supported by in-game advertising and optional item purchasing to enhance gameplay. Therefore, it costs absolutely nothing to play 9Dragons from Acclaim.

Read more about Acclaim's business model and 9Dragons here
  • xaussxauss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 384

PW will have to go ftp - it has no chance as a sub model with acclaim offering the same game for free

or they will end up with empty servers and egg on their face

Archlord has had to dump subscriptions, so i would be very suprised if either PWs carpe diem (also with no direct competition) or 9Dragons can succeed as viable ptp operations