Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP with full looting at last

Comments

• bugzonlsdbugzonlsd Member Posts: 410

Originally posted by havocthefirs

Originally posted by bugzonlsd

Not to mention people who ask for this type system cant even handle it. They get all emo about loosing to people in pvp cause thier "ubar stuff" gets looted.
    This guy is talking about pvp meaning something, which is pure crap anyways according to anyone who is any kind of pvp'er, as long as i kill you and kill you good i dont give a damn whats on your corpse, just so you know everytime you see me that i kicked your wussy little behind is enough and theres nothing you could have done about it. Cry more?
    You want loot? Go kill some npcs, you wanna visit hades? come find ME, and dont forget to bring coins for the ferryman, LOTS OF THEM you'll be needing them as you get very aquainted with your second home.

So your afraid to lose your gear, thats understandable, most mommas boys are. Thats why you play baby games without looting between warring guilds. People like yourself always talk tough when theres nothing to lose. In fact your style of gameplay is usually getting into a large guild and slaughtering one person, then trash talking how you owned him, just like your trash talking now.

You scare no one but yourself. I need no coins, however a large supply of toilet paper is in your furture as you crap you panties in fear. You will lose nothing so try and calm yourself. You were probably quivering like a frightened bunny just typing your response.

Your jokin right? Your calling me a coward in a forum sitting behind your pc over an mmo and over pixels? You gotta be jokin there or mentally handicapped, are you intimidated by a post that is almost certainly half-written in mmo pvp character?? Your reaction certainly shows you are or that you are seriously out of touch with reality. Maybe you should back off the mmo scene for a while if you really have these emotional reactions over what happens in computer games or what people say in a forum cause I can tell your pissed. Maybe therapy too?  "Cocain is a helluva drug". Obsessive compulsive disorder, dependancy and living vicariously through a pixel is not what mmos are about. Newsflash buddy PvP is about fun, not treating others like shit but challenging eachother to become better and yes even helping them do so. If you seriously believe that anyone but you feels anything but LOLz by that post then like i said, "cocaine is a helluva drug". get real, drop the pipe and save your bs commentary for your therapist cause you sir arent fooling or scaring anyone yourself.

• havocthefirshavocthefirs Member Posts: 229

Not to mention people who ask for this type system cant even handle it. They get all emo about loosing to people in pvp cause thier "ubar stuff" gets looted.
    This guy is talking about pvp meaning something, which is pure crap anyways according to anyone who is any kind of pvp'er, as long as i kill you and kill you good i dont give a damn whats on your corpse, just so you know everytime you see me that i kicked your wussy little behind is enough and theres nothing you could have done about it. Cry more?
    You want loot? Go kill some npcs, you wanna visit hades? come find ME, and dont forget to bring coins for the ferryman, LOTS OF THEM you'll be needing them as you get very aquainted with your second home.

So your afraid to lose your gear, thats understandable, most mommas boys are. Thats why you play baby games without looting between warring guilds. People like yourself always talk tough when theres nothing to lose. In fact your style of gameplay is usually getting into a large guild and slaughtering one person, then trash talking how you owned him, just like your trash talking now.

You scare no one but yourself. I need no coins, however a large supply of toilet paper is in your furture as you crap you panties in fear. You will lose nothing so try and calm yourself. You were probably quivering like a frightened bunny just typing your response.

Your jokin right? Your calling me a coward in a forum sitting behind your pc over an mmo and over pixels? You gotta be jokin there or mentally handicapped, are you intimidated by a post that is almost certainly half-written in mmo pvp character?? Your reaction certainly shows you are or that you are seriously out of touch with reality. Maybe you should back off the mmo scene for a while if you really have these emotional reactions over what happens in computer games or what people say in a forum cause I can tell your pissed. Maybe therapy too?  "Cocain is a helluva drug". Obsessive compulsive disorder, dependancy and living vicariously through a pixel is not what mmos are about. Newsflash buddy PvP is about fun, not treating others like shit but challenging eachother to become better and yes even helping them do so. If you seriously believe that anyone but you feels anything but LOLz by that post then like i said, "cocaine is a helluva drug". get real, drop the pipe and save your bs commentary for your therapist cause you sir arent fooling or scaring anyone yourself.

I see, so if you mock my post and say, "i kicked your wussy little behind is enough and theres nothing you could have done about it. Cry more?" You tell me I need lots of coins for the ferryman because it will be my second home. This is all somehow a good thing and your so very mature?

Now I'm a mentally handicapped drug addict whose intimidated by your post in desperate need of a therapist.

I now see the error of my ways. I thought I could state my opinion without be trashedtalked. I was wrong. If you like pvp with a safety net where you die, res, die, res, die, res with no consequence for all eternity, hey great. Im afraid a title just wont due, I prefer something a little more exciting, where theres something to risk as well as something to be gained.

• duomaxwell13duomaxwell13 Member Posts: 6
    I have to agree with this idea.  It is perfectly set up.  Making a Guild worth something.  Declearing all out WAR on another guild, simply a thing of beauty.  No mater what goes into PvP someone is going to complain.  So I stand up and agree with your thinking.
  • bugzonlsdbugzonlsd Member Posts: 410
     I see, so if you mock my post and say, "i kicked your wussy little behind is enough and theres nothing you could have done about it. Cry more?" You tell me I need lots of coins for the ferryman because it will be my second home. This is all somehow a good thing and your so very mature?

Now I'm a mentally handicapped drug addict whose intimidated by your post in desperate need of a therapist.

I now see the error of my ways. I thought I could state my opinion without be trashedtalked. I was wrong. If you like pvp with a safety net where you die, res, die, res, die, res with no consequence for all eternity, hey great. Im afraid a title just wont due, I prefer something a little more exciting, where theres something to risk as well as something to be gained.

Ok Havoc, you made your points, your right I shouldnt have said those things, in the interest of actually trying to be nice to you seeing as how i dont know ya and assuming your just as good of a person as i am in rl, Im dropping my arguement. Sorry If I was out of line, I really am not a bad guy, and no I didnt mean any of that above literally, my sincere apologies. Cheers! & Take it ez :)

• phorsothphorsoth Member Posts: 37
    You know oddly enough i agree here, sure it sounds crazy, but If I'm going to PVP i want to get somthing out of it beside's just the pride of killing a live in game player. I can see why some game's can't do this, but in all honisty the reason i have not ever played much PVP is because it is'int rewording enough for me, why waste my time kill player if i don't get somthing out of it? PVE make much more sense!

But if this idea is used, i might try some PVP, and if i do this would be the first game that would have me do it.

hehe

• demigod314demigod314 Member Posts: 15

Picture this...you have to attend a raid involving ~40 players or more who have to spend hours working hard to complete an event just for some random hope of receiving an item reward. Now you have to do this many times, and repeat the "end game content" until you get the items rewards you are looking for. Add to that the time spent prepping for these events and all the other tasks needed before you even gained access to this content.

The above should sound familiar to anyone who has played any MMO through to the "end-game". If games are designed with some sense of risk vs. time vs. reward type of thinking then why would any person ever do any raiding ever again if you can get the same gear with less time and less risk? One player stalks another with good gear and waits until he is low on HP. The kill is quick and the reward is the equivalent of dozens of hours of work. Why would I ever even consider doing anything but ganking every player I ever could? Then just sell the stuff or horde it incase I ever get ganked.

I'm sure someone will come up with reasons why it could be ok if it was consensual but anytime it is open for anyone else (like a guild leader) to declare wars it now becomes non-consensual. The best possible case for it I can come up with is having it as some option in a PvP arena where contestants are locked in the battle until one dies. Overall though I can think of endless better things a Dev could spend time implementing that would be far more useful then this.

• demigod314demigod314 Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by phorsoth
    You know oddly enough i agree here, sure it sounds crazy, but If I'm going to PVP i want to get somthing out of it beside's just the pride of killing a live in game player. I can see why some game's can't do this, but in all honisty the reason i have not ever played much PVP is because it is'int rewording enough for me, why waste my time kill player if i don't get somthing out of it? PVE make much more sense!

But if this idea is used, i might try some PVP, and if i do this would be the first game that would have me do it.

I can see how exciting this "real" PvP could be. I would really like to see it in action in a game I can enjoy playing. I think Eve is the closest thing to this type of full looting PvP. I have played Eve online for about 6 months and then left. It just wasn't a game I could really get into. I was expecting real dog-fights and player skill in battle and really all is was auto pilot moving about with specified commands and no actual direct control. However the game was designed with a greater amount of player looting in mind. Most items got destroyed from the ship and the player implants could not be looted so it was about 1/3 looting with maybe 50% loss to a player on death, depending on what other ships and implants and stuff they had in store and the quality of their clone bodies.

If you really love PvP and the idea of full looting is what you're wanting then hopefully a game company will make a game like that someday...maybe there is already one out there. But unless the game is designed specifically with this play style in mind it would be a disaster. Luckily GnH does not appear to be going in the direction of full looting PvP and is more in line with the common MMO RPG game style of risk v time v reward.

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

... as long as i kill you and kill you good i dont give a damn whats on your corpse, just so you know everytime you see me that i kicked your wussy little behind is enough and theres nothing you could have done about it. Cry more?

Settle down there cagefighter.    I think your mom is telling you to go to bed.

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    I agree with the OP.

I'd bet that the people that are good at PvP like the idea of full looting, the people that aren't or that dislike PvP don't like the idea.

What bragging rights do you get? "OMGZ I KILD SUM1" dosen't really cut it for me.

I'd play UO but it sucks, and I can't really think of any games out now that have full looting besides that. I have my fingers crossed for Darkfall, and I guess maybe this game too.

I'd like to prove i'm better than someone not by saying "I killed you" but wearing their flashy new armor about.

And dieing....you can always get money at any level in any mmorpg. Save up, or farm, and get your armor again.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

PVP looting appeals to a small minority of unhappy people who seek some sort of validation of self worth by beating up on people and taking their stuff. 

If that interested me I'd take a walk downtown and get mugged. image

• flynnkdflynnkd Member UncommonPosts: 25

God how I wish someone WOULD create a really nasty PVP game so all the people who like that sort of thing would go there and be happy.

• r4NGe1217r4NGe1217 Member Posts: 4
    I can't believe how many carebears there are. If you guys want are scared of a fight, why don't you play single player games?

I'd like to point out a major misconception about full-loot, full-pvp games. Everyone seems to think that it will be all out bloody battles to the death 24/7. Games like this just cut out all the artifical rules that now govern most games to prevent griefing causing more and more problem. problem? add an artificial game-mechanic like "safe zones". another problem? add another artificial mechanic like mages cannot seem to fit into armor. So many things like this constrain playstyles further and further.

In real life, it is full pvp and full loot. I ask you, why is real life not mayhem? Because we regulate ourselves.

In a game like Darkfall, if someone "ninjas" which is a "grief" tactic, the players regulate that mofo. Think there are too many bad people running around? Be a bounty hunter and go find them. The players make the world, its politics, its wars. It aint some artificial quest BS.

If you want true heart-pounding excitement, it has to be full pvp, full loot.

• IloveUSarahIloveUSarah Member Posts: 40
    looting pvp... sounds fun

Water, the best medicine!

• pureazurepureazure Member Posts: 148

If darkfalls going to be so great, and satisfy your needs, why is this discussion even here ?

Play single player game ? Why ? I want to play a MMO and enjoy it.

[ Could a mod please change the topic name, it is false and could be misleading ]

// The G&H Townhall - http://gnhth.vault.ign.com - a Gods and Heroes fansite

• haz-fahaz-fa Member Posts: 23

not gonna be another risk free carebear game is it >.<

fags go quest in wow if you like that borin shit

hurry up with shadowbane 2, stray bullet games the mmorpg industry is so dull without ya!

• 321abcde321abcde Member Posts: 34
    Here is the deal.

Full loot PvP makes people strive harder. It makes people who want to PvP try harder, make better choices, and fight better. It makes the PvP better, because only good enemies play, not the 12 year olds with cerebral palsy and just enough hand dexterity to whisper/tell streams of juvinile curses at you when you own them in the face with a stick.

People are NOT going to be a PvP-er if they can lose some of their stuff. This will thin the battlefield. It will also be annoying because people now have a VERY good reason to run away if they are about to die.

But the upside. There is probably a bank. Just deposit all your REALLY good stuff into the bank, pick up some mediocre/useful stuff, and go at it. Risk solved.

People who complain about full-loot PvP are the people who suck at it, or afraid they suck at it. No offense to those people, but I speak my own truths.

I'm like a messiah of MMO's. Beleive it.

I cannot hear you over the SHUT THE FUCK UP!

• haz-fahaz-fa Member Posts: 23

u forgot most ppl dont like to put effort in to there games no more n most ppl dont even want to die they want an invinsable char to fight ai rubbish

i remember the days if playin diablo 2 on hardcore were once u char dies it gones forever no way no big companys will do that now with a big title as the industry had gone mainstream in the majority of the community neither has played an rpg in there life yet they listen to them over the older players, as dollar has become the main factor when makin an mmorpg!

id actually love it if wow fell over n the mmo marketed dropped to 1 mill then least we might get sum decent titles instead of cashin rubbsih that u ave to grind to become any gd and dont ave to worry about annoyin fellow players because they is no real combat or least no disadvantage to die

• rock_harryrock_harry Member Posts: 183
    If its going to be full looting pvp why not only have one life too ones dead stay dead. Thats just like real life. But some of us like to play game for whats that word oh yerh it FUN PPL
  • DrenethDreneth Member Posts: 697

Hmmm...  a game designed after the lunchroom bully who beats up the little kids and takes their lunch money...  /ponder

- - - -
    Support Independent Game Developers

• havocthefirshavocthefirs Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by rock_harry

If its going to be full looting pvp why not only have one life too ones dead stay dead. Thats just like real life. But some of us like to play game for whats that word oh yerh it FUN PPL

Well look at it this way, say your out killing, oh I dunno, centaurs we'll say. Your trying to get skills or loot or what-not and some guy from an enemy guild or faction comes up. He's a lower level than you but he attacks anyway and you defeat him. Unfortunately he gets ressed, and 17.6 seconds later he's back and you kill him again. Guess what? He's back again, over and over and over. Does that sound like fun to you?

Better yet, the all too infamous "EPIC BATTLES". Oh yes, where you pit 40 against 40 or some such nonsense. No matter how many times you kill them they just keep coming back. Tell me it doesn't remind you of penguins jumping into a hole in the ice, they pop up in another hole then jump right back in again, all in a nice neat line. It's incredible. Ever play WOW? I could only stomach it for a month before I quit.

Of course your natural response was, "Why not have only one life, thats just like real life". I'd say if you haven't tried a game with full looting give it a go, you might like it. Unfortunately, I'm sure the response would be something like, "Why not cut off your hand you might like it", or "Why not hit yourself on the head with a hammer you might like it". *sigh* It's so predictible.

Anyway, back to the guy thats attacking you while your trying to kill centaurs. He's gonna keep coming back until you either leave or quit the game. Say you leave and decide to kill minitaurs instead. Sonofbitch but doesn't another enemy pop up and start doing the same damn thing. Honestly now, wouldn't it be nice if you could just wack the guy out, loot his stuff and be done with it? Be honest now, wouldn't it?

• xaussxauss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 384

gankers and greifers

spotty freindless 12 year old kids who validate their own pathetic existense by being assess in MMOs

Anyway, back to the guy thats attacking you while your trying to kill centaurs. He's gonna keep coming back until you either leave or quit the game. Say you leave and decide to kill minitaurs instead. Sonofbitch but doesn't another enemy pop up and start doing the same damn thing. Honestly now, wouldn't it be nice if you could just wack the guy out, loot his stuff and be done with it? Be honest now, wouldn't it?

• rock_harryrock_harry Member Posts: 183

Havocthefirs i has done full looting PVP no one ever had any thing and you could never be a part time player.

Dont get me wrong PVP is a good thing but to have ppl killing you where ever you go i not a good thing at all. You should have zone with PVP and other zone/areas with out so if ppl dont want to PVP they just stay out.

Another thing is ppl will get round the full looting sistem they just not have any thing on them were no drop itams but them in a bag be fore been killed all sorts off stuff so in the end it will just be cansled out.

What they should have it a point system so when you kill some one you get a point and they lose one pluse you get to take an itam and some off there cash witch they drop at random. With the points then you can traid in for itams skills now that would be fun

• bikerboi6969bikerboi6969 Member Posts: 1

he's right..PvP without loot is not real PvP. Withought the risk of loosig anything, PvP becomes what you have not skill level anymore but howe much money you have. Best gear wins 9/10 times. I havent found a game i like for pvP since Ultima Online Came out before they turned gay with aos and even worse with this ninga bull shait!.  Please bring back looting to PvP!!!... if you dont wanna be looted..then dont pvp..stick to yur pvm:)

• quietwolfquietwolf Member Posts: 79

First off...

According to the Gods and Heroes website, there is only two ways to PvP. Dueling and Arena combat.

Dueling. Challenging another player to a duel, which can be fought 1 v 1 or squad v squad.

Arena combat. Entering into an arena to fight other players.

So, PvP will only occur if both sides agree to it and there will be no looting of the fallen.

Now, in regards to looting in PvP. I think it should be allowed, if the game also had a permenant death system or a death system in which someone would have to resurect you or carry your body to a NPC to get resurected for a fee.

"Whosoever shed last blood
    By man shall his blood be shed
    For immunity of God make he the man
    Destroy all that which is evil
    So that which is good may flourish
    And I shall count thee among my favored sheep
    And you shall have the protection of all the angels in Heaven."

• pureazurepureazure Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by eshi

I mean think about it, some guy has the best armor in game so every can go after him and try to take the prize, kinda like in halo when your the juggernaut.  But i think this shouldn't be total loot.  I mean it should only be stuff for combat or else thieving would become an issue
    The guy with the best armour spent time and effort obtaining it. Why should anyone be given the chance to take it from them ? So you basically want the best stuff, without putting the effort into it ?

// The G&H Townhall - http://gnhth.vault.ign.com - a Gods and Heroes fansite