Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wintersday HELP

RandycatRandycat Member Posts: 64
1. Where do I find candy cane shards (to trade in for other items)?

2. Who do I need to talk to to activate the quests?

I only have access to Ascalon City out of the main cities right now........

Comments

• desnowdesnow Member Posts: 390

1. Random world drops off anything, but not too high a rate. OR, see #2.

2. Talk to the snowball fight priests (Prophecies ones are near the exit to Old Ascalon, the PVP ones are in the Great Temple where you load) to enter the snowball fight arena area. Enter a battle and win for shards. Upon getting 9 (or 12) shards you can turn them in in the snowball arena area for weapons and shields.

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by desnow

1. Random world drops off anything, but not too high a rate. OR, see #2.
    2. Talk to the snowball fight priests (Prophecies ones are near the exit to Old Ascalon, the PVP ones are in the Great Temple where you load) to enter the snowball fight arena area. Enter a battle and win for shards. Upon getting 9 (or 12) shards you can turn them in in the snowball arena area for weapons and shields.

This might be for Prophecies  but in Nightfall you can get them by:

1.) Fighting random stuff at which point they will drop them.  Like stated the drop rate isn't that great.

2.) By winning snowball fights

3.) By doing quests.  In Nightfall theres "You're a mean one, Mr. Grenth" where you go into the underworld and candycane shards and frozen globs of ectoplasm drop quite frequently.  This is how I got most of mine.

More information can be found at:

gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Candy_cane_shards

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• RandycatRandycat Member Posts: 64
    Ah thanks :) Does anyone know if there are any quests I can access from Ascalon City, cause I don't have access to any of the other cities yet...
  • DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Originally posted by Randycat

Ah thanks :) Does anyone know if there are any quests I can access from Ascalon City, cause I don't have access to any of the other cities yet...
    Talk to the Rift Warden. He gives out 2 repeatable quests.

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

• RandycatRandycat Member Posts: 64
    Woohoo thanks! Where can I find this Rift Warden guy, I haven't had any luck yet......
  • patri0tzpatri0tz Member UncommonPosts: 185

Woohoo thanks! Where can I find this Rift Warden guy, I haven't had any luck yet......
    The Rift Warden is only in Lion's Arch and Kamadan.  Your best option (considering the dwindling number of days until Wintersday) is probably to get someone to run you to L.A. if you want to participate in the activities.
  • Ka7raKKa7raK Member Posts: 59

1. Where do I find candy cane shards (to trade in for other items)?

2. Who do I need to talk to to activate the quests?

I only have access to Ascalon City out of the main cities right now........
    1. I have lots of them. Either that or fight Charrs (i think so).

2. People with a green ! sign over their heads.

You can progress through the game by doing missions.

Blog Portugu