Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Merge The Servers! For the love of God, please merge the servers.

gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920
I understand the reasoning behind clustering the servers with the housing and all that.  But Mythic are big time innovative game developers with imaginations and problem solving skills to figure out how to make merging so. 

C'mon, it's the only thing that is going to get people together. 

Please...  image

===============================

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    If you merge the servers it will end DAOC.  No one on the orginal servers wants to go back to only one TOA. 

However, I do argree that more clusting needs to be done.  At a
    minimum I think the original zones should be clustered and I would also
    like to see SI that way. 

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920

Originally posted by JulianDracos
    If you merge the servers it will end DAOC.  No one on the orginal servers wants to go back to only one TOA. 

However, I do argree that more clusting needs to be done.  At a minimum I think the original zones should be clustered and I would also like to see SI that way. 

Why do they not want to go back to only one ToA?  I don't understand what you're saying.

It's next to impossible to find anyone to play with in the newbie zones anymore.  I play on Merlin and Lancelot, so I can't even begin to imagine how bad it is on the other servers.  It seems to me moving everyone to one server instead of clustering them would put everyone together so they can find each other more easy.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

I'm all for them clustering all of the original servers together, so you guys actually have other people to play with. 

Just so they never try to add the classic servers to the mix... we don't want TOA spoiling our fun....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jeeperzjeeperz Member Posts: 71

Could be interesting... 

I agree that they should keep classic and toa separate - only cuz there are SOME that only will play classic.  

Also keep the roleplay and PVP only server and the co-op server separate.  Its great that there are other options for those that want them... just unfortunate that some that choose one way spend a lot of time telling everyone that their choiice is the only right  choice   image 

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Originally posted by gnomexxx
    Originally posted by JulianDracos

However, I do argree that more clusting needs to be done.  At a
    minimum I think the original zones should be clustered and I would also
    like to see SI that way. 
    Why do they not want to go back to only one ToA?  I don't understand what you're saying.

It's
    next to impossible to find anyone to play with in the newbie zones
    anymore.  I play on Merlin and Lancelot, so I can't even begin to
    imagine how bad it is on the other servers.  It seems to me moving
    everyone to one server instead of clustering them would put everyone
    together so they can find each other more easy.

It
    is very simple.  The only reason to go to ToA is for
    ML/Artis.  These require encounters to be up.  It is very
    nice when the encounter you need is not up to simple TP to the other
    server to see if it is up.  It is far better than having to go
    back to ToA at another time to do the encounter.  Not to mention,
    it allows for mutiple raids to be run at the same time.  While
    rare, sometimes it has been the case where a ML raid had too many
    people so it was divided into 2 raids and done on two different servers.

There is no reason at all to cluster ToA zones unless your goal is to
    upset those players that are on those servers.  It will not change
    anything for the new player. 

• MAgha1976MAgha1976 Member Posts: 5
    I think it would be great if they merged the servers together!  The more people the merrier!

• MelRussell81MelRussell81 Member Posts: 5
    Yep, they should definitely keep classic and toa separate, otherwise they might get some pretty irritated peeps!  

• WarspineWarspine Member Posts: 105
    They could solve it like EverQuest II did, when you zone to TOA you can choise from

TOA I
    TOA II
    TOA III
    TOA IV

You wouldnt need to visit any channelers or anything. Becouse you would only be on one server (from youre point of view)
    Toa instances should be the only place where there is an option, everything else should be clustered.

The houseing issue is ofc something to work with. But one thing that would help is ofc that you have to pay youre rent, and that it can not be drawn from youre merc. Or just make it larger or same sollution as TOA

Resulting in 4 servers

Classic
    Normal
    Normal
    RPG

coop and pvp servers can go down the drain imo

Additional note
    take away /level command and buff outside groups from normal servers and i would come back
    i like toa, but i hate the empty newbie grounds and the bb's. (yes there is some bb's in classic aswell  but it's not a lvl 50 one in a newb group)

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Originally posted by jeeperz

Could be interesting... 
    I agree that they should keep classic and toa separate - only cuz there are SOME that only will play classic.  
    Also keep the roleplay and PVP only server and the co-op server separate.  Its great that there are other options for those that want them... just unfortunate that some that choose one way spend a lot of time telling everyone that their choiice is the only right  choice   image 

You meant to say,

Only because some people will play TOA. Classic owns comparatively to the TOA servers. I have 4-50iews on TOA servers. I wont play them. I like my Gareth and Lamarak characters much better. TOA ruined DAOC. So the only people who play TOA servers as of late are die-hards and botters. The rest of us will enjoy our existence on the classic servers image

Originally posted by xpowderx

You meant to say,
    Only because some people will play TOA. Classic owns comparatively to the TOA servers. I have 4-50iews on TOA servers. I wont play them. I like my Gareth and Lamarak characters much better. TOA ruined DAOC. So the only people who play TOA servers as of late are die-hards and botters. The rest of us will enjoy our existence on the classic servers image

QFT.  I have 6 lvl 50's btwn MLF and Dred, and the only ones I enjoy are my new level 49 Vamp and 43 Light Eld on Gareth.  I love having no bots, and not having to worry about running TOA after I reach level 50.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• phlcarlphlcarl Member Posts: 37
    i stopped playing many years ago and havnt been following it, whats wrong with TOA?

• jeeperzjeeperz Member Posts: 71

about a year ago (approx) you had to spend forever doing an encounter that dropped ONE item to be turned in with very  hard to find books...

Now the item does not drop - you get credit and all in the group that is the right level or above get credit for the encounter...

Books/ scrolls are much easier to find and for that matter some of the encounters have been made easier. 

It also involves Maaster Levels with do involve grouping and a lot of running around to accomplish.  The used to be much harder too.  You receive abilities after completing master levels.

I've come to think that the complaining about ToA is worse than Toa - esp since many have never gone back to see the changes...

It just adds another aspect of the game for those that want it.

Like those that level a thid toon and play there day after day .. just another aspect of the game - your choice.

• InTheGenesInTheGenes Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by jeeperz

Now the item does not drop - you get credit and all in the group that is the right level or above get credit for the encounter...
    Books/ scrolls are much easier to find and for that matter some of the encounters have been made easier. 
    It also involves Maaster Levels with do involve grouping and a lot of running around to accomplish.  The used to be much harder too.  You receive abilities after completing master levels.
    I've come to think that the complaining about ToA is worse than Toa - esp since many have never gone back to see the changes...
    It just adds another aspect of the game for those that want it.
    Like those that level a thid toon and play there day after day .. just another aspect of the game - your choice.

Just had to say that I 100% agree with your post, Jeeperz.  Of course, I've always been in the minority when it came to TOA.  In theory, I think the concept of TOA was fantastic.  The Trials were intriguing, and I loved seeing whatever hard work I put into obtaining artifacts, etc. pay off.  Sure, I would be frustrated when something DIDN'T work the way it was supposed to, but for me, that happened very infrequently.  And now, as you say, the changes that Mythic made to TOA have made things MUCH easier to obtain... but I guess too many people have bad tastes in their mouths from before.

I now play predominantly on Classic servers, but not because of the non-TOA; rather, it's because of the ranged buffs, and because that's where the population is. image

Thats a good point, I've never gone back to see how they changed TOA from a few years back....

some things are hard to forgive.....

But I also really like the lack of buffbots on Classic.... biggest reason I promote it so much.

• WarspineWarspine Member Posts: 105
    main reson why classic

less bb's
    no /levell

I liked the world of toa and the artifacts etc.
    I did not like the ml's or the abilitys

• ProudPartnerProudPartner Member Posts: 24
    Would be great if they merged the servers

The Zulu Pirates
    Do or Die
    www.freewebs.com/zulupirates

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920
    Another reason to merge the servers.  Look at how the population of people playing has been dropping horribly!  This is a one year graph.  It's gone from 18,000 people logging on to under 10,000 in one year!!!  That's almost half the population gone in less than 12 months.  It's getting harder and harder to group and virtually impossible to do anything such as Champion Levels that require others to help you.

• EuthorusEuthorus Member Posts: 491
    Originally posted by gnomexxx

Another reason to merge the servers.  Look at how the population of people playing has been dropping horribly!  This is a one year graph.  It's gone from 18,000 people logging on to under 10,000 in one year!!!  That's almost half the population gone in less than 12 months.  It's getting harder and harder to group and virtually impossible to do anything such as Champion Levels that require others to help you.

Although I do agree that population has drop some clustering servers further may not be the solution to get up the numbers

FUNCOM - putting the FUN in disFUNctional !