Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My first 0.0 fleet battle - frequent disconnect horror story

NismoGTRNismoGTR Member Posts: 35

Let me give a little backstory of the region first, so I moved out of the empire space as mining and manufacturing to me isn't really playing a game. Ever since I moved to this particular 0.0 region, the rate of disconnect has been ridiculous, I get logged out every 10 minutes on a bad day. It has never been this bad when I was in empire space.

My first podding obviously happened when the client crashed on me while warping away from hostiles. Wait it gets better, not only did the client crash, it gave me the blue screen of death, I restarted the pc, logged back in, the ship (which is a shuttle), was still intact, so when I was about to do anything, blue screen of death again. When I came back online, the hostiles have surrounded my shuttle and podded me. Oh joy.

My first fleet battle was even more of a disaster. I get disconnected 2 times on my way to the battle, I lose contact with my gang / fleet, by the time I log back the battle is well underway, I try to locate the gang, and what happens? I run right into the lap of a hostile ship ambushing within the system. On the second op, I get disconneted right before the engagement again, by the time I get back online, it's over. I am not even fortunate enouogh to even enjoy the lagging of big battles. You could imagine my utter frustration towards whatever is to blame for this annoying pc crashes happening on most crucial moments of gameplay.  Is 0.0 space all this bad? Or is it just this node that doesn't somehow seem to mesh well with my pc? Again, I've never had this much problem in empire (Jita included), and I want to stay in 0.0 and play PvP, but the way things are now, I am just abusing my patience. I did start using teamspeak once I joined the 0.0 corp, but my pc should be able to handle teamspeak running behind the client (and the disconnect happens even when I don't use teamspeak).

This is so frustrating, I want to enjoy EVE but if this issue doesn't somehow get better, the choices I have left are either to go back to empire space to mine / manufacture, or just stop playing altogether. I really wouldn't be this upset if the timing of disconnect was so maddeningly bad (pulling my hair out and punching the monitor in became very close to being reality). I would welcome the lag with open arms if I had the choice.

I'm open to ANY suggestions in hopes of improving the technical short-falls of this game. Thank you.     

Comments

• RollinDutchRollinDutch Member Posts: 550

BSOD means the problem is hardware, and its on your end. Make sure your graphics card isnt sharing an IRQ with anything else.

What's the message youre getting when you BSOD, IRQ_NOT_LESS_THEN_OR_EQUAL?

• NismoGTRNismoGTR Member Posts: 35

BSOD occurred maybe 10% of the time, the rest are just disconnects. And BSOD didn't happen in empire space.

No, nothinig about IRQ is mentioned in BSOD. I'd have to have it happen again to read all that text, I was busy trying to log back into EVE you know.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    if you are getting dropped that much you should look at picking up the optional patch that CCP released it supposedly covers some issue with clients crashing/disconnecting. not sure where it is but you should hiunt it down if you haven't.
  • RollinDutchRollinDutch Member Posts: 550
    Originally posted by NismoGTR

BSOD occurred maybe 10% of the time, the rest are just disconnects. And BSOD didn't happen in empire space.
    No, nothinig about IRQ is mentioned in BSOD. I'd have to have it happen again to read all that text, I was busy trying to log back into EVE you know.

Any BSOD at all means a problem on your end, either graphics or network.

Make sure that your sound is off, turrets and effects are off, and clear your cache (especially the browser folder).

• kolaskmibagkolaskmibag Member Posts: 12
    there is an optional patch that addresses a certian "frequent" CTD bug that was deployed this week... if EVE ran fine before and is buggy now, maybe try that. you can find a link to the optional patch in the "In-game" news at the character selection screen.
  • MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399

People disconnecting in EVE is nothing new. I can't tell you how many times multiple people would disconnect on fleet ops. Not only on large scale ops, but 10 man gank squads. Making long runs was risky, as you may lose too many people, or have to constantly stop and wait for folks to log back in all the time. And those were EVE problems, as the people who drop would still be on Teamspeak. The BSOD is on your end, but random dropping and client crashes are on CCP's end.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    Originally posted by Maldach

People disconnecting in EVE is nothing new. I can't tell you how many times multiple people would disconnect on fleet ops. Not only on large scale ops, but 10 man gank squads. Making long runs was risky, as you may lose too many people, or have to constantly stop and wait for folks to log back in all the time. And those were EVE problems, as the people who drop would still be on Teamspeak. The BSOD is on your end, but random dropping and client crashes are sometimes on CCP's end though they can be on your end as well (especially in light of the fact that you occasionally BSOD.

Fixed :)

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell