Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about FFXI on the 360.

1.is ther a big difference between the PC and 360 version?

i just got a 360 for christmas and quit WoW (thank god) and FFXI seems very fun.

I noticed it can be bought on the 360 so i might try it out but, i would like to know if its much different then the pc in anyway besides of course the console difference

2. are all three platform versions played on the same servers? if not are ther alot of ppl on the 360 version or is it empty? = [

thank you

Comments

• XgunsmokeXXgunsmokeX Member Posts: 94

Also, is this game rare to come by?

i cant seem to find it at stores

• Kyubi009Kyubi009 Member Posts: 10
    The game is pretty old and its popularity is waning, so it's hard to find in stores. Online you should be able to find it though. You can probably get one of the old packages with the first two expansions + the main game (FFXI, Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia), and then you'd have to get the third expansion (Treasures of Aht'Uhrgan) separately, I think. Just browse around.

As for the difference Xbox360 and PC, I know that the Xbox version has crisper graphics - better rendering, better contrast, all that jazz. They play on the same servers (PS2, Xbox and PC), so that should be no problem.

Before you start, you might want to read some of the topics here (such as WoW or FFXI, and WoW/FFXI/EVE) to see if FFXI really is your game. It's quite an investment to start (even though you don't need all of the expansions right away!), so make sure it seems good enough for your tastes!

Good luck, and enjoy playing :)

"Kono yo ni aku ga aru to sureba sore wa hito no kokoro da."

• EasternwindEasternwind Member Posts: 5
    From my experience there isn't a big difference between the 360 and PC as far as the game goes. I personally found it easier to play on a PC because I didn't want to invest in a keyboard for the 360 and I found just sitting at the 360 and typing to be awkward. I just couldn't find a good position. Sitting at a desk with a monitor just seemed more natural.

I would like to offer a word of caution for FFXI. As the previous poster stated FFXI has been around for awhile. It will be sort of hard starting out as a newbie because everyone else there will be working on their 2nd (3rd, 4th, or 5th!) job while you are still working on your first. I had problems with this when I started playing. It was a little frustrating but not game-ruining.

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom; justice; honor; duty; mercy; hope. ~Sir Winston Churchill

• Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120
    Hi, 360 version is identical to the PC version.  The 360, PS2 and PC are all on the same servers.  The 360 version has all 3 expansions and you still should be able to find it at most retail stores.