Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another click&point Asia grinder?

ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
Just some short questions.. i know not a lot infos around and it is really early in the development phase. However, Aion look fine, and what i read until now(here) sound promising.

But i am a little bit scared that Aion could be another typically Asia grinder.

Are informations around how it will be? Is it the typical Asia Grinder?

And the next question, will the use the same movement like in almost all Asia Grinder games.. the Click&Point movement?

The game can be as good as it will, but i will never ever play another Click&Point game, and also never ever play a Asia Grinder game.. and the worst case of course is, if it is both.. the click&point asia grinder...

I really hope it will be more like Guild Wars(at least from the movement controll and the grind factor), but of course a big persistent and epic world.

Comments

• NewMonsterNewMonster Member Posts: 417

diffinitly not click and  point control. it is like wow control

personally i like point and click

• KharmedKharmed Member Posts: 101
    Read this:

http://aionfuse.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23#post23

It shall answer most of you're questions.

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Thanks for the link.. nice to hear at least Aion get a good movement controll.

Ok.. now i am ready to wait for more news for this game.
  • zalvadorzalvador Member Posts: 29
    Agree.. I also like the point and click. But would prolly be keys, while you are airborne.

• WarggoathWarggoath Member Posts: 2
    POint&click airborn sounds a bit...pointless

I hope it will be keys. And what I have read about is that it will break out from the level grindin(hopefully in style of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion) but in my opinion it would be much more wiser to take levels out and determine character by skills which are increased by doing things related to skills(running for athletics, magic for macig skill etc...)Like in ESIVO
  • Synyster777Synyster777 Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by Warggoath

POint&click airborn sounds a bit...pointless

I hope it will be keys. And what I have read about is that it will break out from the level grindin(hopefully in style of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion) but in my opinion it would be much more wiser to take levels out and determine character by skills which are increased by doing things related to skills(running for athletics, magic for macig skill etc...)Like in ESIVO
    how exactly would that change the grind? turning one grind into another? either way you are grinding skills or levels, same thing!

Aion will be WASD movement I am 99.9% sure of that, the character customisation is supposed to be pretty great and free flight and flight combat has been confirmed.

Lend a hand and break the chains of regularity you lean so closely upon

• DeginethDegineth Member Posts: 83
    It's a typical asian grind with elf chicks that look like 13 year olds that appeal to pedophiles and male elves that look like women, gay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arguing on the Internet is like running the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still a retard

• stonies88stonies88 Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Degineth

It's a typical asian grind with elf chicks that look like 13 year olds that appeal to pedophiles and male elves that look like women, gay.
    Right.....there aren't any elves in Aion and there never will be.  Comments like this just make you look like a complete dumb ass.
  • ZylusZylus Member Posts: 11

Your a Dip shIt.  Just discontinue your life
  • KharmedKharmed Member Posts: 101

Go back to you're ugly toon WoW Graphics if Aion is too advanced for you.

Try zooming on an Night Elf female and look at those pixels Degineth.

P.S "Degi" in polish means vomit btw

• zalvadorzalvador Member Posts: 29

Oh yae.. And Wow Graphics is all that better? The graphics in that game looks like a cartoon.

And u really got some skills if u looked at the pictures of Aion and found a elf chick. Maybe there is something wrong with ur eyes.

So buzz of u retard..

• KyoichiKyoichi Member Posts: 23

Awwww just let's the small little kids win. 

You guys don't really wish to make that poor little kid cries and went to his Mama do you?

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278
    looks interesting.  It's a shame tho that there is no official website, it would have helped a lot for people that could be interested in this game.  I have to hunt through 5 forum websites to get some basic info.

I "H A T E" click-n-move, and I hate when you absolutely have no control over controls, it's a game breaker for me.....a #1 reason I don't play Asian MMOs.  Hopefully Aion will heave natural controls as it seems that it will.  Game looks great, tho I'm not holding my fingers crossed for PlayNC-made game.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • stonies88stonies88 Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Drvanitus

looks interesting.  It's a shame tho that there is no official website, it would have helped a lot for people that could be interested in this game.  I have to hunt through 5 forum websites to get some basic info.

I "H A T E" click-n-move, and I hate when you absolutely have no control over controls, it's a game breaker for me.....a #1 reason I don't play Asian MMOs.  Hopefully Aion will heave natural controls as it seems that it will.  Game looks great, tho I'm not holding my fingers crossed for PlayNC-made game.
    I know that the lack of am official website kinda sucks, but aionsource.com is a great fansite to find info on Aion.  Also check out aionfuse.com for some really good translated articles on Aion, Hellrose has done an amazing job there.
  • WS84WS84 Member Posts: 3

=)

• euangelioneuangelion Member Posts: 109

elves, where? I only see on in your avatar, and in that game they are just a bunch of muddy blocky pixils...

Tried: Vanguard, UO, Rappelz, Archlord, RF Online, SWG, WAR, Ryzom, Anarchy Online, AC, APB, STO, Perfect World, Black Prophecy...

Played: EQ,EQII, Lineage, Lineage 2, GW, EVE Online, AoC, DoAC, iRO, AC2, WoW, SWTOR, Runes of Magic, Allods, Rift..
    Currently Playing: Tera

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831
    I don't like click- I hope this game is geared to the west
  • UgottawantitUgottawantit Member Posts: 146

Aion looks amazing to me. I'm really looking forward to it. As far as point and click. Linage II let's you do both , point and click or wasd. I'm hoping they will have both for both types of players.. I know when I play Lineage II I use both controls.

Aion has the the promise of being great. Let's all hope that it is, only time will tell. It is still so early in developement, anything could happen.

Let's not storm their boards and make them rush it.

• AyaseAyase Aion Community CoordinatorMember Posts: 118
    Aion will most likely sport a greater focus on direct-control movement as your all-time favorite game WoW (sarcasm intended) but it will also keep the point-and-klick movement method resembling the one in Lineage 2. I remember reading somewhere taht users fealt the controls were a bit unintuitive over at E3 2006. I think NCSoft if they not already have, will "fix" that.

---
    Sebastian Streiffert
    Community Representative - Aion

Follow my twitter! aion_ayase
    * In order to cover my back, things I write are of course subject to change.

• Desceptre2Desceptre2 Member Posts: 1

Aion will be just like Lineage 2, a waste. NCSoft has proven time after time they can't control farmers and bots. Why would anyone want to subject themselves to that again.

So yeah another Asian Grinding crap game with no real goal in mind other than kill 50 billion mobs for 3 years to get to a decent level.

Looks are not everything in a game. FUN comes to mind. Grinding til you hate all mmos, isn't fun. I hope they listen to the people that left thier other games because they suck.

Yeah insert your "your not advanced enought you play" umm no I am To smart to get hooked in a retard grind session like thier previous games. At least in WOW the typical player could reach the end level without paying pro farmers to level them, and have fun. Yeah the graphics are not that great. but 5 million +players vs the few idiots in here saying it sucks = you loose lol. Maby WOW was to advanced for your tiny brains.

• gamespawngamespawn Member UncommonPosts: 21
    people please if you wanna say somthing about aion first go find some information about it ...-_- (counts for every game) if you say its a grinding game, its rly not, the game is being made on a platform of quests and things like that if you want to grind you can grind. and for the bots and such there's a system for that; if you stay in 1 place to long the monsters get stronger and stronger and by a hour or such the bots will start dieing everytime they come on the field... and NC soft is only the publisher, so you can't realy say "NC soft sucks" or "NC soft can't make games" because each game has its own team. and i think you can't rly say WoW is better because they are two different mmo's you could only say WoW's interface is better or somthing but remember before you type....READ SOME INFORMATION !!
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

If your not planning to do any kind of research on a game under development before you post, then shut up about it. Just 5 minutes on google would have been enough for you to find the IGN article where developers clearly state that it will NOT be the typical korean grind.

Originally posted by Desceptre2

Aion will be just like Lineage 2, a waste. NCSoft has proven time after time they can't control farmers and bots. Why would anyone want to subject themselves to that again.
    So yeah another Asian Grinding crap game with no real goal in mind other than kill 50 billion mobs for 3 years to get to a decent level.
    Looks are not everything in a game. FUN comes to mind. Grinding til you hate all mmos, isn't fun. I hope they listen to the people that left thier other games because they suck.
    Yeah insert your "your not advanced enought you play" umm no I am To smart to get hooked in a retard grind session like thier previous games. At least in WOW the typical player could reach the end level without paying pro farmers to level them, and have fun. Yeah the graphics are not that great. but 5 million +players vs the few idiots in here saying it sucks = you loose lol. Maby WOW was to advanced for your tiny brains.
    That goes for you to, do some research first. Also, you clearly didn't understand Lineage 2.
  • KyoichiKyoichi Member Posts: 23

Well well. could u name me a MMORPG that's free from farmer? WoW is not free from farmer as well and Blizz did do someething bout those "Farmer/Bot" but it doesn't solve the issue as well ( Whenever there a demands, farmer will lurking around those game).

*laugh*

I bet you met those lvl 60 newbie huh? (buying account from ebays/power lvl charater) or are you just new to WoW? and Yes everyone could reach end game level in the game but, it doesn't mean that everyone could get their so called "End Game Gear" :) U gotta be in a so called "End Game Guild" in order to get the item ONCE a week and you must have a FIXED classes/players in order to complete that so called "End Game instances". So getting yourself limited in the game is consider a way for fun too?

Beside everyone have their own way to enjoy the game to the fullest  (griding,role playing, pvp) so u can't denied it.

No Offence but.. I do hope not all WoW players behave like this

• BesCirgaBesCirga Member Posts: 806
    Aion looks promising in my book. only thing i dont like about it, (from what i've seen on YouTube) is the fireworks going off everytime you use a skill. On a side note... im very glad to see a healer class in this game.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Not at all. At least they are aware of the whole "korean grinder" mentality and want to change it a bit. They have already said this. Now, whether or not they succeed is something else. But at least they will make an attempt to change it a bit.

As far as farmers and bots, I don't know of any popular game that has eliminated bots and farmers.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo