Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG Reviews

This board is made for people that wish to review there most loved/hated MMORPG. Don't come here and say stuff like: "OMG RO ISH AWSOME! ITS KICKS EQS @$$!!!". Give reasons to why you like/dislike the game your reviewing. And also, if you disagree with some one, don't be rude if you decide to respond to there posts. We're all humans here. I guess I'll start.

Final Fantasy XI

This is my only MMORPG, but I'm convinced its the best MMORPG out there. The graphics are amazing, and all-together-beutiful for a MMORPG, or any game for that matter. The interface, while strange to newer players, is incredibly good. Not to mention, almost all of the other players are nice, and incredibly helpful to n00bs. The game has been running in Japan for about 2 years now, so there is almost no lag, and plenty of well-seasoned-players to help you out. The monsters in this game are some of the most creative creatures I've seen in a while. Of course, hard to expect any less from Final Fantasy. This game dose have its flaws. The world of Vana' Diel is hudge...maybe to hudge. Its easy to get lost, which I've done on several occasions. The map dosn't help that much either. And the characters are NOT that customisable. But the game dosn't really focus on that, what it focuses on is weapons, armor, communication, jobs, missions, and just being a great game. Definatly one of the best MMORPGs to date.

---------------------------------------
Here we go, the world is spining, when it stops, its just beging, sun comes up, we laugh and cry, so goes down, and we all die...-Samara Morgan "The Ring"

---------------------------------------
People say I'm weird for being a proud Nerd. I say people are weird for being proudly normal. FREAKS!

Comments

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Does this game have the usual Final Fantasy combat system. Each character takes turn, does its thing, then the next character gets a turn, etc??? Or is it more action oriented?

Just curious, this is what scares me away from this one. I never liked the Final Fantasy series because of the lame combat system.

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

A little bit of both worlds. However, one of the unique things about FFXI is the ability for multiple members to simultaneously use special attacks that will form a unique super attack. It's a bit more complicated than that but that is the general gist of it.

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    [email protected]
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -