Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC on the 360: Will it help or hurt?

MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Well, it's official now, AoC has been approved by MS for the 360, but what does this mean for AoC?

Will it hust the game? Will it help it? Will it cause them to lower the graphics? Will it simplify play, or will they require 360 users to use a keyboard? Will it even be the same game, or completely seperate servers with seperate rulesets? Will it bring in more players, or drive away more?

Feel free to vote in the general poll, but be sure to add your comments.

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

Comments

• MMHELMMHEL Member Posts: 313
    I will play it on my 360 for one reason. AOC will not work on my computer and I wont be upgrading it any time soon.
  • annxiiannxii Member Posts: 24
    if the actual gameplay of AoC is suitable for a gamepad on the X360, then I'll consider it as a major boost for the game...esspecially if the PC-version and the X360-version will be interacting!

as for the graphics I doubt it'll take a hit on the X360. None of the screenshots or movies from AoC shows anything that the X360 shouldn't be able to match. If the graphics does take a hit on the X360 I'll consider it as Funcom's fault, not the console's...but then again I'm also a fan of my X360! I'll surely be joining in on AoC on the X360 :D
  • FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    None of the movies have shown the DX10 version of the game, which the 360 cant match. But still, the DX9 version (and it's 360 equivolant) looks remarkable and gorgeous!

• lestat912lestat912 Member Posts: 26
    im pretty sure AoC will be a success on the xbox360 and PC. Microsoft have backed as one of their feature titles for direct x10 and have stated they will be trying to achieve cross platform gaming. this game is in the righ hands.
  • TheAstaldoTheAstaldo Member Posts: 14
    I think that the XBox 360 will on the one hand help, because then there are more players and so a greater community, but on the other hand the release on 360 will delay the release...
  • AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

The PC release will not be delayed due to the console. In fact, Funcom fully intends to release the console version about a year after the PC version

And just in case there were any lingering doubts:

There are no plans at all to modify the game due to the console release.

Jayde

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    Conan fits 360 perfectly.  Console will arive after PC version and will not delay it in any way.  Even Funcom has no idea how long it will take to release the 360 version so anyone saying "a year after" is just guessing.  Untill now Funcoms best guess unofficially was 6-8 months after PC release.
  • RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

to me  i feel  that MMOs shoudl be played on a computer  however i do feel the 360 will get more players  to play even though  we already ahve enough devoted players right now  even before the game comes out 

only problem i have is that too many little kids will get a hold of the game cause the parents dont care about the raiting and  kind of ruin the game  but  who knows  

the PC will always be the best gaming system becuase of how you can upgrade it     and the only system for MMOs  i will be playing ti on my PC  (just got a new video card =])    however i dont really have a problem with the 360 release   i just cant imange PVP  and some of the other  effects in the game  on a game controller    however i do feel some of it might be easyer    but   PC for life!

• partaparta Member Posts: 4
    Will be funny to see if you actually can play all classes with gamepad. How you can aim with it? Also it's much faster to turn around with mouse then with arrow-buttons. Will all xbox-players get mouse or will they just roll soldier?
  • Elendil88Elendil88 Member Posts: 35
    If you ask me, some parts of the game actually look like a console game already.  With the  6 directional combat system, it would seems easier to use a gamepad even for the PC version.  But then again I don't know how the keyboard/mouse controls work beyond speculation.
  • VarcanVarcan Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by Elendil88

If you ask me, some parts of the game actually look like a console game already.  With the  6 directional combat system, it would seems easier to use a gamepad even for the PC version.  But then again I don't know how the keyboard/mouse controls work beyond speculation.
    The devs have made a lot of hints as to how well the game truely works with a gamepad/controller.  However, any keyboard with USB can be hooked up to your Xbox360 I believe.  And the same goes for your 360 controller being hooked to your PC.
  • RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127
    i just think it amanzing how compatable the two are 360 and the PC 

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489
    Originally posted by needalife214

i just think it amanzing how compatable the two are 360 and the PC 

That's because the 360 is a Gaming PC.

If you don't believe me, snag a copy of CoD2 for PC & 360, and plug in a keyboard to the 360. IMO, the 360 plays and looks better.

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• desnowdesnow Member Posts: 390

FFXI was completely playable with a mouse and keyboard (on either PC or PS2) but almost everyone played with a controller and just used the keyboard to communicate. I rather miss those controlls now and then, especially when I realize how often in MMOs I am using a very limited number of actions repeatedly and macros on a controller would be more than adequate while being more comfortable for my wrists.

If AoC works similarily I might have to bury my old Nyko for a 360 controller...

edit: many many typose

• lethalapelethalape Member Posts: 12

i cant wait for it on the 360

it is going to be awesome!

GT lethalape

www.myspace.com/lethalapemusic

• ChraneChrane Member Posts: 23
    More players never hurt anything but part of me hopes they decide to keep console and PC on seperate servers.
  • OzriokOzriok Member Posts: 38
    I don't see how it could hurt the game as long as the gameplay is there.  Ultimately it's how fun a game is that determines its longevity.  With them releasing to the PC first they can work out the kinks that are usually associated with a new MMO launch and get the game stable before they release it to a more mainstream community on the 360. 

Ya know, people who might not be used to servers crashing or screens freezing and would get scared off because they don't understand how shit like this works. 

Personally though, I really hope Logitech makes an Xbox360 keyboard controller.  If you've seen the one for the ps2 and played FFXI, then you know there's no going back once you have a keyboard and your console controls all on one piece of hardware.

I hope the only problem I have associated with this game is whether or not I play it exclusively or with Vanguard. 

Here's to another hyped game not completely sucking when it comes out.

Yes, I also find that shallow and pedantic.

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

It will help the game, by making it more money

It will hurt the community by making an influx of fucktards who will whine till their parents ignore the M rating and give up the credit card info...

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• Aetern-eAetern-e Member UncommonPosts: 77
    I'll get it on Xbox360! I just got the 360 and the only 360-game I have is BF: Modern Combat! Soon getting GoW, though!

With the new Real-time-combat system the controller will fit excellent! And, It would be a shame for a norwegian like myself not to buy this! I enjoy reading Conan every now and then...
  • drpepperhahadrpepperhaha Member Posts: 11
    i think the 360 gonna suffer from hard gameplay
  • FerretrodeoFerretrodeo Member UncommonPosts: 29

I think it will help by getting more people playing but will hurt when all the pre-teens start playing. Gonna be like day care at some times and I hate to think about the summer. It was bad enough when games were only pc but throw in the 360 and that opens up a whole new group. I'm still gonna play though

• DhampirDhampir Member UncommonPosts: 161
    looking forward to seeing it on the 360.....and i hope its a great success
    “Nothing is trivial.”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

“Sarah: "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    360 has USB ports, just plug in keyboard and mouse.
  • godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Provided the game doesnt get 'Dumbed down' and I dont have to play on the same servers as console gamers, ill probably still play this game. I was prepared to pre-order but I think ill wait to hear other players reviews or maybe even for a free trial.

---

• vanidorvanidor Member Posts: 32

Don't do it!!!!

Keep PC gaming PC gaming.

You can't have a good mmorpg on a console system.