Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXI Grouping

VDeityVDeity Member Posts: 6
I was wondering about the whole grouping past level 10.  Does the game literally force you to create groups with other players at level 10 or is it just that they made the MOBs that much more stronger than usual, that it's harder to fight them without a group?  Usually on the online rpgs I play, I tend to PK alone, but I don't mind leveling in groups.  I understand that there is no PK yet, but they are adding in either Player vs Player dueling or some other thing, I forget what it was called, but it's pretty large scale, like a war.  In my experience with Savage Eden, large scale fighting is kick ass, and I would definately appreciate either form of pvp.  Though the standard single player RPG fighting might be a bit of a let down, there doesn't seem to be much in strategy or anything.  Looks to me like a game where if someone has higher numbers than you, he'll beat you.

Your answers were split as follows: Killer 86%
Achiever 66%
Socializer 33%
Explorer 13%

Your answers were split as follows: Killer 86%
Achiever 66%
Socializer 33%
Explorer 13%

Comments

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

It doesnt litterally "force you".  But you wont get much exp for the mobs you can kill alone.

City of Hero's Characters:
    - Black Samurai - Mezmo Man - Flare -

-----------------Censored------------------

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

40% of the time you could get better XP off easy prey low defence than a big group, though.

imageKiamdeimage

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman