Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who else is looking forward to Mounted Combat and Sea Battles?

dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185
I haven't seen much talk about these two features yet, so I thought I'd put up a thread so we can discuss it.  They most likely won't make it in the game by launch, but sometime after launch.  That's why I thought it might be good to discuss some of the pros and cons of what we have seen from other games that we like, or stuff that we've never seen in a game, but would like to experience.

If you haven't read up on what's already been said, this is a good link:

Silky Venom FAQ about Ships and Mounted combat - see 42.11

Some of the things I'm hoping they include for mounted combat are:

• Knock-down/stun an unmounted opponent
  • Scatter a group of lower-level mobs
  • Equip mounts with items that increase damage, defense, resists, speed, etc.
  • A chance that mounts can spook or rampage especially in new areas, but the longer a mount is used; this chance becomes neglible
  • A chance to find or quest for additional abilities/manuevers for your mount
Some things I'm hoping for with Sea Battles are:
  • Different weapon loads/choices depending on ship size and make
  • Critical damage with aimed shots (i.e. taking out the main mast, rudder, etc.)
  • Graple and boarding of enemy ships
  • A real difference between speed and power
What would you guys like to see?  Remember, this won't make it in before launch, but hopefully won't be put off until the first expansion; or later, either. 

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by dragonace
    I haven't seen much talk about these two features yet, so I thought I'd put up a thread so we can discuss it.  They most likely won't make it in the game by launch, but sometime after launch.  That's why I thought it might be good to discuss some of the pros and cons of what we have seen from other games that we like, or stuff that we've never seen in a game, but would like to experience.If you haven't read up on what's already been said, this is a good link:Silky Venom FAQ about Ships and Mounted combat - see 42.11Some of the things I'm hoping they include for mounted combat are:
    Knock-down/stun an unmounted opponentScatter a group of lower-level mobsEquip mounts with items that increase damage, defense, resists, speed, etc.A chance that mounts can spook or rampage especially in new areas, but the longer a mount is used; this chance becomes neglibleA chance to find or quest for additional abilities/manuevers for your mountSome things I'm hoping for with Sea Battles are:Different weapon loads/choices depending on ship size and makeCritical damage with aimed shots (i.e. taking out the main mast, rudder, etc.)Graple and boarding of enemy shipsA real difference between speed and powerWhat would you guys like to see?  Remember, this won't make it in before launch, but hopefully won't be put off until the first expansion; or later, either.  image

well to be honest, the reason people don't talk about them much is because neither one will probably be in at release. i think you have some great ideas though. ::::19::

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    Well if they're not going to be available at launch, they're probably not worth discussing at this point.  Let's get this game on the shelves so we can start playing it.  I'm not flaming you, my friend, I just hate getting my hopes up on something that's not going to be there for awhile.  The reason I'm a little anxious to try this game is because I'm not really interested in anything else at the moment.

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185
    Yeah, you guys are right in that they most likely won't be in at launch.  But, that's why it gives us a good opportunity to try and influence how it is delivered.  I also agree that it would be good to just get the game out so we can start playing it!  

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by dragonace
    Yeah, you guys are right in that they most likely won't be in at launch.  But, that's why it gives us a good opportunity to try and influence how it is delivered.  I also agree that it would be good to just get the game out so we can start playing it!  image

it will be in eventually and when it is its going to kick ass! ::::02::

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

Originally posted by Zindaihas 
    I just hate getting my hopes up on something that's not going to be there for awhile.  The reason I'm a little anxious to try this game is because I'm not really interested in anything else at the moment.

I agree.  I've been let down one too many times.  (UO 2) bastards.....
  • wilsonnatewwilsonnatew Member Posts: 7
    we can only hope that it will come about soon.  Your ideas are a good start. and probly are not far off what we will all get when it does come out. 

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

I'm looking forward to mounted combat and sea battles.  Mostly sea battles, because mounted combat isn't all that.  I've seen how AoC is doing it, and it really doesn't look very exciting.  But sea battles, I wanna launch them cannons and be a pirate!  Now *that* is gonna be cool :)

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO