Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC other WoW clone?

ZeTaKaZeTaKa Member UncommonPosts: 28
I hate solo playing and looking for a new group based MMORPG, will be my MMORPG or is other WoW Clone?

Comments

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Dingdingding, We have a winner!

Congratulations Zetaka

You just won yourself the "stupid question of the century" award!!!

What did he win today?

A sheet of paper saying "go read any single item on the official faq page!"

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859
    Yeh, OP is pretty stupid lol. AoC might not win The Originality Award but it does not have much in common with WoWimage

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Originally posted by ZeTaKa
    I hate solo playing and looking for a new group based MMORPG, will be my MMORPG or is other WoW Clone?
    I've said it a few times, but could someone please point me to these "other WoW clones?"

I mean for this to be "another" WoW clone, then there had to have been one before.  What game was a WoW clone, because I"m just not seeing it?

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

Well....

To the original OP I dont think this game will have much of anything in common with WOW.

As far as what games are WOW clones now pretty much all of them are. they didnt necessarily start out that way but most games adopted WOW's GUI and the whole cooldown thing along with the solo playstyle.

I like funcom as a company. They stuck it out with AO even after it bombed at launch and the game was fantastic. I hope that they are as dedicated and imaginative with AOC.

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Can we report people for making stupid post?

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441
    how can AoC be anything like WoW when it is PVP based and hack-n-slash??
  • ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471

Originally posted by checkthis500

Originally posted by ZeTaKa

I've said it a few times, but could someone please point me to these "other WoW clones?"

I mean for this to be "another" WoW clone, then there had to have been one before.  What game was a WoW clone, because I"m just not seeing it?

I think that he refers to games that have similar gameplay. Like EQ, DAoC, CoH/X, Lineage 1/2, EQ2 ...

All of them have:

• Character classes
    • Hitpoints, manapoints, character attributes
    • Character levels
    • Holy Trinity combat (damage dealer-healer-tanker)
    • Similar combat system
    • Quests
    • XP points
    • Dungeons

One of first games that did have most of those features was DikiMUD. Actually when EQ was released, it was so similar with DikuMUD that some DikuMUD developers thought that SOE/Verrant copied DikiMUD's source code. So SOE/Verrant decided to publish sworn statement that it wasn't using any source code from the DikiMUD. Still sometimes all those games are refered as "DikuMUD" MMORPGs.

However there is one small gameplay difference between EQ and WoW. WoW is pretty much soloable until you will hit high levels where game changes to EQ style raid game.

AoC is going to have most of DikiMUD's features. However it have significally different combat system. 

Answer to solo question can be found for example here:

The development team has always been a strong believer in pushing people together in a friendly way, in the online game. There will be team match making, guild match making, PvP match making, formation gameplay for teams, PvP mini-games, social building of villages, massive RTS-like guild encounters and so forth. There will be substantial experience point bonuses for teaming, though it is not the only option. You can solo all the way, if you want.

IGN, 11th May 2005 (Gaute Godager)  

We want both types of gameplay to be available to the player, but have it so that the 30-minute encounters are generated more for solo play, and the longer adventures are geared towards groups or guilds.

Ogaming, 20th January 2006 (Gaute Godager)  

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• MouthMouth Member Posts: 113

AoC beta should start soon (january?) - so then we can see for ourselves...

• DabbleDabble Member Posts: 1,043

Personally, I prefer old fashion apple pie ala mode.

Every now and again I'll enjoy a Lemon Merengue, but very rarely.

• blandonblandon Member Posts: 8

dude check out the website looks great//// not another WoW clone ...........

------------------------------
    Don't Listen To Him He's Drunk On Cheese