Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colorado's worst blizzard since 1997, national!

Colorado's Blizzard!

I live in Peyton, Colorado by the way. In Peyton, we have the fastest winds of Colorado.

So you can easily imagin all the stuff being easily thrown around.

We had a 200 pound grill out in the back.

Well, not anymore! It was thrown across the backyard ( 1 acre large btw ) and smashed. It's no longer a grill.

Our chairs and table on the padeo in the back have also been thrown and smashed. There goes more money!! >_>

Funny thing is..our dogs ( we got a new dog last Saturday, her name is Kiska, a wolf/huskie, 3 years old XD ) little house we bought for her is still in the same postion we first put it in, out in the back...Oo

Oh year, and in the four years we've lived in Peyton ( 11 in Colorado ) we have now lost 29 full trash cans to the winds.

And my dads Ford truck has been pushed off the drive way and into the gravel to the side of the house.

So...who wants to come visit Colorado...?

;D

Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!

Comments

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    What does snow feel like?  I honestly have no clue.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Talk about blowing . . . wind. Heh, I tried to make a funny. That's crazy though. People need to stock up and stay indoors. So, Nierro you never had snow before nor felt it?. You ever felt shaved ice before? Well it's like that but extra extra shaved. You should go experience some snow sometime. Go to the mountains or somthing.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047
    Ive always wanted to visit or even move to colorado, sounds like such a beaultifull place.   Not all the blizzards are that bad are they? 

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Never a dull moment.

I've got another tree down myself.

• MMO_ManMMO_Man Member Posts: 666
    I live in northern Ohio and all we have gotten is freakin rain, we want some snow for Christmas (it's very unusual to not have snow this time of year around here).

I sleep with a pillow under my gun.

• CowinspaceCowinspace Member Posts: 671
    My friend had a back garden, then November hit. Honestly it rained at least once a day, every day, from Nov 1st to Dec 15~16 and his garden backed onto a River. The water hasn't fully receded, but he thinks he may have lost half his garden to the force of the river.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Originally posted by Nierro

When it's blowing in your face...not so good, kinda like a bunch of tiny pepples being chucked at you, they don't hurt at first, but then they begin to sting.  Then picking it up it's just like really really super fine ice shavings that can be packed into convenient balls to be thrown at people.

I've never been to colorado, but if you're having the worst blizzards since 1997...it must be global warming!image 

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• reavoreavo Member Posts: 2,173

Originally posted by Draenor

When it's blowing in your face...not so good, kinda like a bunch of tiny pepples being chucked at you, they don't hurt at first, but then they begin to sting.  Then picking it up it's just like really really super fine ice shavings that can be packed into convenient balls to be thrown at people.

I've never been to colorado, but if you're having the worst blizzards since 1997...it must be global warming!image 

LOL. 

I remember one year of skiing in Colorado when there was a pretty good snow storm.  I was on the summit of Breckenridge and had to ski down.  The wind was blowing in my face and out of my vanity I chose not to wear face protection that day.  It felt literally like tiny needles piercing my cheeks.  That was the longest run of my whole life.  I was crying for a fire and cocoa when I got back to the lodge.    image

• LilithIshtarLilithIshtar Member Posts: 667

Never touched snow before?

Mm well, it isn't easy to explain. How about you go out and buy an ice cream cone. It's sort of like that, but just ALOT more. And depending on the snow, it can be soft and "fluffy" or hard like ice.

Right now we have ...Ice mixed with fluff.

I'm still looking for the top of our grill. It's missing. >_>

Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!