Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long does it take for them to send you a regkey?

DCsharkerDCsharker Member Posts: 11
for open beta, i sent in my email and it's been like 6 hours since i did that, when will i get my reg key? when will i be able t play!?!?!?

Comments

• VixFirthVixFirth Member Posts: 48
    I've been waiting for about 4 hours now.  I got on with my closed beta account and it is so laggy and there are way too many people.

-Vix

-FOR THE HORDE!

-Vix

-FOR THE HORDE!

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

I got mine about 15 seconds after I registered.

City of Hero's Characters:
    - Black Samurai - Mezmo Man - Flare -

-----------------Censored------------------

• TzaleTzale Member Posts: 143

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I think it's because the servers are so overcrowded that they might have halted or slowed down the accepting of beta applications. Even though it's an open beta, and they didn't say they are doing this I suspect this is the case. But I'm sure it's only temporary, we'll probably get in soon.

-Tom

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015
    Hey Vix, I was in the closed Beta too and I wanted to know if we need to download something or if their is an update. I just haven't tried myself because I expected it to be very laggy.

"Let me see if understand you... If I put my sword down and you put your rock down, we'll kill each other like civilized people?"

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• ThispersonThisperson Member Posts: 129

Took about 7 hours and 30 min for my e-mail... now for the game dl...... image image

Originally posted by Thisperson

Took about 7 hours and 30 min for my e-mail... now for the game dl...... image image

Wow, so I guess that mean's that my key will probably arrive soon. I just hope I can get in before midnight tonight.

-Tom

• CIM_LWCIM_LW Member Posts: 282
    Still haven't gotten mine.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
     Ramadin is the only one who got his ...

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• DCsharkerDCsharker Member Posts: 11
    yeah, havnt got mine either yet.

I wonder though, did Ramadin signup when it was first released? If that's the case then he got it right away, the rest of us are talking about signing up in the last 10 hrs or so when it wasn't working.

-Tom

• VixFirthVixFirth Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Ominis
    Hey Vix, I was in the closed Beta too and I wanted to know if we need to download something or if their is an update. I just haven't tried myself because I expected it to be very laggy.

"Let me see if understand you... If I put my sword down and you put your rock down, we'll kill each other like civilized people?"

Well there is a tiny patch that takes about .5 seconds to download.  You can use your old accounts but it still isn't worth playing right now because of all the lag and server drops.  And you can't find any creatures to fight solo.  Once they get a new server or 2 up everythign will be fine.  I hope....

-Vix

-FOR THE HORDE!

-Vix

-FOR THE HORDE!

No, I registered today a few minutes before I posted ;)

Great, so there is really hope.

I don't think the amount of servers they are adding will help much. I think your best bet is to wait for the weekday. Even if they don't add a server it'll probably be good at around 3:00 AM in America on a weeknight. The problem is that they released BETA during a weekend in America, which caused all these problems (everyone was at home able to play the game all day and night). Now that it's heading into the week, if you can play in the middle of the night you should be able to get a higher chance of playing. I hope they add more then 1 server though, because there is a lot of load from all around the world constantly, although Americans make up a large portion of them.

-Tom

Actually their biggest player base is Korean just like L1.  So playing in the middle of the day is prolly your best bet.

Originally posted by ramadin

Actually their biggest player base is Korean just like L1.  So playing in the middle of the day is prolly your best bet.

I thought that the American/European BETA was only those continents and not Asia since they have there own BETA. But I guess some Koreans just signed up for the American/European BETA.

-Tom

I got my e-mail today, like 18 hours after requesting it.

I then submitted the code, and it got in no problem, and the welcome e-mail came right away there was no delay.

-Tom