Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decided to buy EVE online

EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Well, after playing SWG, AO, and FFXI, Ive decided to go with EVE.  I beta EVE and I really like the space rpg genre, so I think it'll suit me just fine.

SWG was just a memory I wish would go away

AO is a very good game, but the graphics don't really keep me interested anymore.

FFXI is awesome, but the zones are just too small for the sheer number of players on the servers.

I checked out many many reviews on EVE as well as feedback from players, and I decided to go for it.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Comments

• ahsudburyahsudbury Member Posts: 29

Welcome aboard!  Watch out for me in-game, I'm a nasssssty pirate.  But always good to see new players comin.  I love this game and will play it most likely for a long time.  Nothing on the horizon looks interesting to me (especially not WoW omg what a POS that looks like)

A.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

well, i love it so far

I got into a great group and I love the skill system.

Ive only been on it for a month so I cant do a "legit" review but i love it so far

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Wow this game actually interests me. I tried Earth & Beyond for a space theme but it didnt get too far for me.

Eve looks to be something promising to me. Is there anywhere i can aquire a free trial just to test it out?

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Malkavian

Wow this game actually interests me. I tried Earth & Beyond for a space theme but it didnt get too far for me.
    Eve looks to be something promising to me. Is there anywhere i can aquire a free trial just to test it out?
     - Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

Not a free trail but you can download the game for 20 bucks.  Its well worth it, imo.

Currently, EVE is in the top five in mmorpgs.  If you like the space-like games, I would give it a shot.

• CorvwynCorvwyn Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by En1Gma
    AO is a very good game, but the graphics don't really keep me interested anymore.

AO's graphics are pretty good. You can't mean that it's a good game if it's the graphics that hinders you. The reason I quit was that there wasn't enough variation.

I've played AO, SWG, UO, Shadowbane and Planetside, but got tired of most of them. Only played a trial of planetside, but I guess I would have gotten tired of it eventually since it's an online fps. I'm going to play either horizons or EVE soon. I guess I'll try eve since it's only $25 and the dollar is pretty low now, cheap for me. I did play the beta and I enjoyed it, maybe not all the boring mining though.

• KobbiKobbi Member Posts: 3

I'm new in this thing, MMORPG that is, been mostly just in solo games or in network with few friends, so I'm going for the big time (at last). I have been thinking a lot about EVE-online. What would you guys say the game was excelling in, from the others MMORPG games around here?

• stucazEmaccastucazEmacca Member Posts: 1

Im planing on Getting Eve at the end of the Month, carnt wait seems that most people are having a Good time.

www.florencemine.co.uk

www.florencemine.co.uk

• GardomynGardomyn Member Posts: 5

Yes, EvE is certainly a great game... a kind of game very different from what we can find around...
    But, I think it's not for all the type of players and plays... It's more social and content oriented than "quest & all that xp things"... It's an immersive game, a unique world for all the players, it can be slow but so attractive... It's beautiful... the player driven economy is excellent...
    I think you need time and patience to play this game, but it worths it at the end...
    And there's a lot of roleplay, which is very rare nowadays...

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Originally posted by Malkavian

I believe that the latest UK version of PC Gamer has come with a trial version of EVE. At least that is what people were saying on the EVE forums.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• HeartlandHeartland Member Posts: 103
    Yep, I spotted the Swedish version of PC Gamer with a full-version edition of the game on the cover-CD the other day. So I guess most/all PCG versions have it then.
  • LemyLemy Member Posts: 21

hmm in Germany i haven't seen the free trial on any Gaming Magazine yet ....   maybe next month ^^

im playing since beta and i'm fine ^^

• LeJohnLeJohn Member Posts: 313

You can get the trial here:

the free trial

Keep in mind a few things, EVE is not for everyone. It can be as fast or as slow as you want it to be to a point. Do the trial and do all of the introduction missions.

I suggest opening up the map and heading out to 0.0 space because you will loose ships (I stopped counting at 200) and you will be podded/killed (also stopped counting at 200) at some point in time so you can accept it and move on (not to say that you should like it, but accepting the loss is necessary to enjoy the game)

Some of the new players actualy say they sweat and their heart races, enjoy that while it lasts.  After a thousand battles with other players it's, well for me I get more excited  at what salvage drops because im tring to build rigs. Which brings us to, if you enjoy fishing in WOW (I love it, so relaxing) the you can also get that with only the ocassional interuptions from baddies.  PS.. I loose more ships to concord now becuse a Prat (player) will come in and pick a fight thinking  im an easy kill in a mining barge, so i jam and web them and sick my drones on them, 40% of the time my drones take too long to kill the HAC/BC so the agro timer runs out and I'm flagged for attacking the player in high sec.

Now if you want to understand what I just said and why it's fun, grab the trial and come check it out.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    Great... now the ISK seller freak is necroing 3 year old posts.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• MondeMonde Member Posts: 133
    Yeah Noticed that Taram.......Nice spammer that he is.
  • DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Do not necro threads.  Please check the last posted date!image
This discussion has been closed.