Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CHEATERS ARE NOT BAD

seamooseseamoose Member Posts: 3
THINK ABOUT WE ALL HAVE LIVES IF JAGEX WOULD LET US DO A LITTLE CHEATING THERE WOULDNT BE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT HATE RSimage

Comments

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

YES SEAMOOSE, YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY IS IN FACT WORKING.

This made no sense to me. We don't like RS because we can't cheat? image We don't like RS because it is addicting, very time-consuming, and just flat-out boring.

And yes, cheaters are bad, in all games.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• meat_bag0meat_bag0 Member Posts: 94
    i dont cheat unless its just a 1 player game and i have beaten it already and im experimenting with things or something. cheats sometimes add a little spice to single or even some multiplayer games....BUT NEVER A MMORPG! IT RUINS THEM! if you think any mmorpg game should allow cheats you should be run over by a milk truck!

fun little poll maybe?

*??)XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(??*
    ?.•??.•*??)?.•*?*•.?(??*•.??•.?
    (?.•? (?.• MEAT_BAG0 •.?) ?•.?)
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

• blah40000blah40000 Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by meat_bag0

i dont cheat unless its just a 1 player game and i have beaten it already and im experimenting with things or something. cheats sometimes add a little spice to single or even some multiplayer games....BUT NEVER A MMORPG! IT RUINS THEM! if you think any mmorpg game should allow cheats you should be run over by a milk truck!

fun little poll maybe?
    cheating is bad in real mmorpgs but rs is only mmo because you got 1000 people calling you noob and ripping you off when you want to buy something that you can't make. aside from that its a single player game and who cares about people using autos and mods in rs it doesn't effect you does it?
    it affects you if you sell things to other players...if a lot of people macroed then they would put more of something in the market than what was needed. thus causing the price to drop...so if the price of coal dropped because of macroing then that would mean the price of anything coal was used for dropped. so pretty much if macroing was allowed then the only way you could make money is either selling to the store or selling at the same price to other people... there would be no such thing as merchanting...

• I used to play RuneScape. I played it for 3 years, it was always a blast playing it but lately I started getting bored of it and quit. Now I play other MMORPGs and it is a blast. The bad thing about it is that it is addicting, so you might not want to try it.

On Subject: WDF??!?!?!? You're dumb for saying an MMORPG should allow cheating, thats bullcrap. If you need to cheat on an online game to be good then you don't need to be playing it.
  • nicksez4nicksez4 Member Posts: 2

I'm not saying cheating is such a good thing. however, if there was a hidden cheat somewhere then it would be cool. just make it so that it cant be said to other players so they have to find it themselves. that way, people get excited and have something to do. 

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898
    Originally posted by sparky7483

YES SEAMOOSE, YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY IS IN FACT WORKING.
    This made no sense to me. We don't like RS because we can't cheat?  We don't like RS because it is addicting, very time-consuming, and just flat-out boring.
    And yes, cheaters are bad, in all games.
    Caps lock is cruise control for cool.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• pureazurepureazure Member Posts: 148
    Was it not the cheaters that kept the price of rune essence down, which meant bulk for cheap. That was doing a majority of players a favour.

// The G&H Townhall - http://gnhth.vault.ign.com - a Gods and Heroes fansite

but unfortunatly cheaters dont always mine rune essence....they mine ores, cut trees, fish, well everything... when they go and mine and gather 10million coal and then put it on the market...it brings down the prices of everything that requires that ore. so lets say someone makes 500,000 sets of full rune. maybe 10 other people do the same thing...5 million sets of full rune. im sure that not everyone is going to buy the  5million sets...so theres more on the market than whats needed. in the meantime player1 finally reaches smithing lvl 99 and can finally make full rune...maybe when he wasnt able to make rune full rune was 200k or so...but not lets say its 150k because of the increase in stock...all that work to make less money. doesnt seem fair does it? im sure if it was you who worked up to lvl 99 smithing and found out full rune wasnt the same price and in fact it dropped you would be pretty upset wouldnt you?

• pk3rpurepk3rpure Member Posts: 86
    yea i h8 auto macros and cheaters. They de value our whole economy. i agree with meat_bago he has a point. I understand why ppl auto but rly. If ur that in need of muny y dont u just buy it on ebay.

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979

b4 i say what i think i want you to know i never played this game or know much about it.

ok so a game sucks because you cant cheat?  that sounds stupid.  whats the point in playin if your just gonna cheat?  seriously you could get everything you want out of a game in a few minutes if you cheat.  there is no fun in that.  plus not everyone wants to cheat so why should some people screw the other people over by cheating?  now if it is by yourself on a single player mode on a game thats fine i dont care what you do by yourself but with other people its just not fair.  if you want to cheat so bad with other people go play rainbow six on xbox live my friend does it all the time.  but everyone hates him because of it.

cheaters never prosper....they die a sad lonely death. because no matter how much you cheat theres always a bigger noob who wants to cheat more than you and has more cheats on thier side.... the only people who truly get any real satisfaction out of any game is someone who plays cheat free....think of it as video game cheating is like doing drugs...you wont get anywhere and you bring the rest of the world down with you...its a sad sad thing...so please ladies and gentlemen, do not use cheats...thank you

• blah40000blah40000 Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by meat_bag0

cheaters never prosper....they die a sad lonely death. because no matter how much you cheat theres always a bigger noob who wants to cheat more than you and has more cheats on thier side.... the only people who truly get any real satisfaction out of any game is someone who plays cheat free....think of it as video game cheating is like doing drugs...you wont get anywhere and you bring the rest of the world down with you...its a sad sad thing...so please ladies and gentlemen, do not use cheats...thank you
    your right don't use it but sell it.

and my opinion is that f2p is real version and p2p is a cheat because "members" can do anything and get a zillion experience in 5 minutes. why you ask because its like this in a member world anything thats needed to do  something with anything else is right there like for smithing every rock is right there 3 seconds away is the furnace and the anvil and theres a hammer on the table and a bank 6 seconds away but in a nonmembers world its like this find the iron oh look theres 5 people already mining it and 2 of them are lvl 65 mining and have rune picks all you have is lvl 17 mining and a bronze pick look for the next iron batch thats an 8 minute walk with run oh look that one is over crowded you finally find 1 iron rock after 1 hour of searching its all the way deep in wild where no-one mines and your surrounded by high lvl monsters but you have a decent combat to survive that but wait here comes someone whos much higher lvl than you and you just barely escape with only 8 iron ore now you need a furnace you find one 9 minutes later luckily for you any amount of people can use it at a time but unluckily iron has a 50% chance of becoming a bar you get 2 bars out of your 8 ore now 9 minutes later you reach an anvil but you forgot your hammer so thats another 4 minutes to the bank and back now you sell what you made for about 500g now look at what the "member" of the same lvl as you has achieved in that amount of time they jumped 19 lvls and sold what they made for a total of about 120075g note: the amount of in-game money shown are not precise but just examples

and members can easily sell the gold they made for real money and thats an easy living so remember "member" = might as well be a cheater.
  • Buzzie002Buzzie002 Member Posts: 52

Originally posted by seamoose

THINK ABOUT WE ALL HAVE LIVES IF JAGEX WOULD LET US DO A LITTLE CHEATING THERE WOULDNT BE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT HATE RS
     A little cheating is like a little lie. It grows bigger and bigger and bigger. Until u cheat so much ure massing gold buying all the party hats in the game and that shit. I mean same stuff happens to MS they have tons and tons of hackers and u see howw much ppl complain about that that really want to play. This was a useless thread. Well i guess the community couldn't get any worse...go ahead...jk about cheating community does suck.

• KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450
    I played for three years about (2000-2003). This was the time before the 'advanced' graphics they have now. I really think that the game has been turned into a joke. But hey, the Gowers are laughing all the way to the bank. They actually have more wealth than the Princes of England.
  • young25585young25585 Member Posts: 3
    I H8 those cheaters and hackers in any game so dont cheat or hack it takes all the fun out of the game but i dont mind if u cheat on a one player game never cheat its bad

If u cheat its like doing drugs
    if u dont you will be over the influence
    dont cheat
    ~Young

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

I feel dumber for having clicked on this thread. Clearly none of you come anywhere close to understanding the repercussions of cheating and its effects on the people around you, even people you may never meet.

Having said that, I hope you all go back to the RUNESCAPE forum and please keep your idiotic trash off of this website. Thanks!

• iggy1736iggy1736 Member Posts: 5

Now that everyones said that and i read all the retarded crap you guys posted i might as well post also.....

ok now back on the subject cheating is for nubs who cant beat a game,cant lvl up,dont have a life,cant get money,or are just plain stupid but if its like halo,halo2,etc its ok if its one player...for example halo for the computer there is a secret in the game called meg(this isnt a cheat but its real) you have to go through a series of steps its for one playerso its alright........

but for example on gears of war there is the crab walk cheat and the running with the chainsaw on cheat those are bad they make the game unfair for everyone else and can get you hated by everyone it may also lower your rating for xbox360....  

that was my completely retarded post so you all can read it and call me retarded but oh well had to say all that stuff..

• bigd123bigd123 Member Posts: 1

you sir are a DUMBASS!! plain and simple

Originally posted by seamoose

THINK ABOUT WE ALL HAVE LIVES IF JAGEX WOULD LET US DO A LITTLE CHEATING THERE WOULDNT BE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT HATE RS

cheats are ok in my opinion if they are just funny and really dont cause any advantage to another player....such as, a player using a cheat to have a pink mohawk or something...things like that are just funny and really dont need to be considered cheating i guess but i think those kinds of "cheats" are ok... just an opinion...

• pk3rpurepk3rpure Member Posts: 86
    I think there nufn rong wif funny cheats lyk wat meat bago said. Although i think the cheats shud have to be worked for if there r ne. THose ppl that spend their time hacking and shit deserve the stuf they get. They worked hard to get it. If they spent that much time in game they wud be amazing characters.

• chhazchhaz Member Posts: 2

If people did happen to put funny cheats in the game (i.e. a cheat that made your character do a backflip every time they killed a creature), the "cheat" would get its way around on the internet forums and ingame runescape. That would then ruin the whole point. Of course it would probably amount to changing the color of your speech ingame. But if Jagex added a cheat that did give players an unfair advantage (i.e. a cheat that lets you attack n00bl3ts in low-level wildy when ur a zez.), it would probably be integrated as part of the game mechanics as unlockables. I personally say yes to cheats that are added by the all-glorious British Jagex programmers, because then it wouldn't be a cheat. But if you cheat by using independent or third party software; or irc hacks, then you should probably be banned and Jagex should fix to the best of their ability the hole in their Java code. I personally am pro-choice when it comes to cheating, but I do not. Selling accounts is the only bad thing I do. Also I agree with some ppl here, cheats should be earned if they give u an advantage over other players. But as I said b4, they wouldnt be cheats they would be unlockables.

Rune Tips unofficial RS guide has better forums devoted entirely to RS that has less flaming than here.

Better yet, use the official RS forums.

• rawrxbradrawrxbrad Member UncommonPosts: 117
    You cant hack runescape, you can use macros though which allow you to leave you character logged on and perform minimal tasks such as mining wood cutting etc. non of which are really affective. quit crying and play RoE like an adult.
  • whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544
    Tell this topic title to your wife/husband!

• vingvegavingvega Member Posts: 577

This thread is a waste, lets talk about Barney Ruble.

-===ccc,.

=cc$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$cc.

,,"""""??$$$$$$$c

.,ccc$L,, ?bccc. ""?$$c     .

,d"""$P"" $,z$$$$$P",,,d$bcd$$$b.

,z,,.  ??  ,$$"  ,$$$$$$$ d$$$$$$$$$$$$$F

?$$$$$$$cc,"$$b=???3$$$$$ $$$$P" 4P  "?$"

`"?$$$$$$$????$$$$$$$$$$,"",,cdF'"c

,c,`"""",$bc`?$$$$$$$$LF""??$bcd$

d$$P",c$$$$$$$$c"$$$$$$$$$$$- $$$$

d$$b "$$$$$$$$$$$c`$$$$$$$P",c$$$$F

,P"z=`   ,,J$$$$$$$b $$$$$,zc$$$$$$F

:::, ?",,cd$cc.`?$$$$$$$$ 4$$$??$$$$$$$F    .

`::',cbzccccc 4c$$$$$PF""  .   """ ..::::::::

,cd$$$$$$$$$$ccd$$,,,`"?$r ?""..::::::::::::::::::::`::::

4$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ?  ::::::::::::::::''``'` zc `::'

"$$$$$$$$$$$$$??$P" $$P :!!```:::::::::`,,cc",zc$$$$ :::

"?$$$$$$$$$P""..:. ?"   ....::::::::  d$$$$$$$$$$$$ :::

"??""" .::: - ..   `:::::::::::::: $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :::

:::::::::.::: ``:::::::::: .$$$$$$$$$$$$F ::

::::::::::::::..:::::::::: <$$$$$$$$$$$P :::

:::::::::::::::::::::::::: $$$$$$$$$$$$" ::

`::::::::::::::::::::::::: $$$$$$$$$$$" :::

`::::::::::::::::::::::::: $$$$$$$$$$P :::

`::::::::::::::::::::::::: $$$$$$$$$" ::::