Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thrones of Chaos, why so quiet now?

124»

Comments

• MerlinStyxMerlinStyx Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Zorvan

Well then, I really must compliment you, as you have made yourself clearly understood and your spelling is superb for someone not native to the language.image
    As far as LA declaring him official, he did that when he made him a mod. Everything Draaken says on those forums is official. As you may note, there is no disclaimer in place on the posts he makes, as there are on the mods posts here.
    Edit: your spelling is even better than mine at timesimage

Oil down my throat, give me more of that image

You want to see him official, we have different views again image

But to bring our discussion to an end:

I see you as someone who can argue for something in a serious way. If you set your insults aside I - and I think not only me - can respect your opinion without reduction.

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by Oculitus
    Hey Shrubber,

Was Indentity51 one those harrassing you about ToC?  Because I've never been PMed by another user until I made an off-hand comment on the hype page saying that ToC will never see the light of day.  Then lo and behold Indentity51 PMs me with all these qutoes from articles about ToC, to show me what's what I suppose.  It always struck me as quite odd that someone would write a lengthy PM in reponse to a short fifteen word critizism on the hype page.

I didn't
    personally get PMs from this guy, although I know another that did. I
    have seen him spam several times around the net along with sending out
    tons of hateful PMs. He uses the same langugage an information as the other fringe accounts. If you need some help, send me the username with all the dates and messages. Please send your messages, dates, usernames and titltes to http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/thread/106953. We need to raise public awarness of this problem.

Some accounts that obiviously the same person sending out hateful PMs or spamming:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

among several others....

I remember MerlinStyx...he had something very closely to do with the old mourning. A German that used to argue about mourning in sllightly odd English.

I think he was a community manager or somesort of special forum mod/veteran for mourning.

Originally posted by Zorvan
    Originally posted by nervi
    Didnt read the whole topic, but just doing short reply for Brian. Brian, i dont know how it is in your country, but in my country, if there isnt a real contract, the one making up the stuff/idea's blablabla has automatically copyright on it. Do you need to register stuff to get it copyrighted in the states? At the moment of writing this text, i already have copyright on this text in my own country hehe. Dont have to do anything for it.  So if they are using your input, then are they not breaking any laws already?      

Here in the States, there is a rather complicated procedure requiring registration of you idea and filing a patent and copyright for it.

A couple of loopholes would be: writng down and describing in detail your idea, the specs of whatever it is and so forth, putting it in a package and mailing it to yourself. As long as you don't reopen it, it can be presented in court as proof of your being the creator of it, due to the U.S. Postal mark on the package. To an extent, you are right about posting something here as being almost the same thing, with the site having time and date stamps, etc. However, that is a less than secure way of doing it because of possibility of hacking, server crashes, rollbacks, etc. ocurring.

Yes, that is a way to prove that the copyright belongs to
    one. However, theoretically (and perhaps only ideally) the copyright begins
    as soon as the author finishes with the idea or product. Anything one creates
    is one’s work and therefore, has the copyright to do whatever one pleases with
    the work.

• brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Copyrights only go so far in the gaming world.  The use of game mechanics I designed require patents to protect the unique mechanics I have designed so they can only be used with my permission.  And unfortunately, since the design documents for my game are now approaching 1000 pages, it'll cost me thousands of dollars (US dollars) to protect them all.

• OculitusOculitus Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by Shrubber
    Originally posted by Oculitus
    Hey Shrubber,

Was Indentity51 one those harrassing you about ToC?  Because I've never been PMed by another user until I made an off-hand comment on the hype page saying that ToC will never see the light of day.  Then lo and behold Indentity51 PMs me with all these qutoes from articles about ToC, to show me what's what I suppose.  It always struck me as quite odd that someone would write a lengthy PM in reponse to a short fifteen word critizism on the hype page.
    I didn't personally get PMs from this guy, although I know another that did. I have seen him spam several times around the net along with sending out tons of hateful PMs. He uses the same langugage an information as the other fringe accounts. If you need some help, send me the username with all the dates and messages. Please send your messages, dates, usernames and titltes to http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/thread/106953. We need to raise public awarness of this problem.

Some accounts that obiviously the same person sending out hateful PMs or spamming:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

among several others....

Alright, thanks for the resonse.  I was just wondering.  I only got the one PM, of course I only made one comment about the game.  I can sent the message to you if you want.

edit for messed up quoting format

• MaphusioMaphusio Member Posts: 104
    After posting the following thread and really challenging Draakan's abilities the forums are now closed

http://www.krelslibrary.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7

You may or may not take note to the new registered user "Coltonb" commenting on my post on korels library. Without the IP I could not say for sure.

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING VENTRILO CHAT:
    IP: 66.207.167.32
    PORT: 3793

- WWW.KRELSLIBRARY.ORG -
    "Information is knowledge, knowledge is power!"

• CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043
    My 2 cents as a Staff Writer...

You don't close your forums because of a business merger. If anything, you leave it open for your community to discuss the implications of such a merger with the developers.

This leads me to believe 2 things.

1) This game has become so disreputable, that no one is willing to pick up the name. It is as many said, nothing more than "vaporware"

or...

2) The company is pathetic enough to fake a merger, in order to pretend the game still exists, as well as to justify the delays in product advancement.

My personal hopes? Let it die. Let this long, horrible saga of ineptitude and falsifications come to an end. Personally? I hope there's never an announcement regarding the game, and that it retires to a mysterious, sudden grave. No one will miss you Mourning, no one will miss the drama that seems to be associated with you and your dev team, and most of all, no one will miss the community, or should I say lack thereof, presented by this game.

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by Cymdai

My personal hopes? Let it die. Let this long, horrible saga of ineptitude and falsifications come to an end. Personally? I hope there's never an announcement regarding the game, and that it retires to a mysterious, sudden grave. No one will miss you Mourning, no one will miss the drama that seems to be associated with you and your dev team, and most of all, no one will miss the community, or should I say lack thereof, presented by this game.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• MaphusioMaphusio Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Enigma

Originally posted by Cymdai

It took me a while to come around to this, but I finally agree. I had hopes that LAS would be a legit deal but clearly they are not. I hope that I will one day get to play an open PVP MMORPG... but, that day looks far away still.

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING VENTRILO CHAT:
    IP: 66.207.167.32
    PORT: 3793

- WWW.KRELSLIBRARY.ORG -
    "Information is knowledge, knowledge is power!"