Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

passport id ?

With registering u will come along this:

Anyone desiring to use the service is required to establish a passport ID with the compagny (the Passport).

With service they mean necesary software to play the game.

I never been asked for my passport id for playing a game. Only name, address, age, phone etc.

But the passport id isnt ur own real life passport. U can fill every name u want.

But when u go through the sign up form then they are asking for a real id, like passport, social security or id-card.

Rediculous... ive never been asked for such info.

Im not gonna play this game...maybe theire software adds spyware...allready asking for a passport number is to much...

Comments

• CostaniusCostanius Member UncommonPosts: 231
    just type in 1234567..worked for me

-----------------------------------
    Life is too short to play bad games.

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    That type of thing is more commonly asked for in asia.  I don't know why that is.  They really should remove it from their registration for the English-speaking world.  But as the above poster mentioned, just enter in some random numbers.  There is no need for a real id.  I wouldn't judge them based on this little mistake.  The game is worth playing if you like the idea of a nautical/pirate-based game.  It's rather fun, I think.
  • VaelarVaelar Member Posts: 8
    The number is a secret one that you have to provide if your account gets hacked. Choose one that only you know.

If you choose a random number and your account gets hacked they wont give it back to you until you give them the number... atleast that's how I understood the purpose of it. The social security, ID number, passport number is only there to help you remember your number if/when you need it.

And it gotta admit it tricked me too first until I figured it out ;)

• bailyesbailyes Member Posts: 188
    Make up a random 8-digit number and write it down.

It is not for identity, it is used if your account gets hacked and you need it back, you would know what to put.
    It's just like asking a secret question like:
    "Mother's maiden name"

It's something you should know and remember

Bailyes

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    WEll there is an other option....you know....to put in other numbers if
    choice. I really do not see an problem with this anyway. Its not that
    they can actualy steal anything from you with that. Its not that is
    some secret number.

• trdgtrdg Member Posts: 1
    I thoroughly agree, something is up with that. I went a little farther though and the download looks like something from peer-to-peer, or kazaa. My computor said my files were  being uploaded. I stopped the download and decided something wasn't right here.  Was I in the correct download or did I accidently take a rabbit trail somewhere else?
  • RyudoAntaraRyudoAntara Member Posts: 4
    They have weird ways you can download the game is all. They aren't trying to take anyones Identity or anything.
  • FarcoreFarcore Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by trdg

I thoroughly agree, something is up with that. I went a little farther though and the download looks like something from peer-to-peer, or kazaa. My computor said my files were  being uploaded. I stopped the download and decided something wasn't right here.  Was I in the correct download or did I accidently take a rabbit trail somewhere else?

Instead of downloading an entire file, BitTorrent breaks a file into chunks and distributes them among several participating users. When you download a "torrent," you are also uploading it to another user. BitTorrent balances the load because broadband download and upload speeds are not the same. Users download files faster than they can upload them, which makes them less interested in sharing bandwidth to upload to someone else. BitTorrent ensures every user participates in uploading. I'm pretty sure that Voyage Century is only available as a torrent, and so I wouldn't worry to much if it uploads a little.

• Lady_HellionLady_Hellion Member Posts: 6

I'm glad I found this post as the game looks very good and most of the posts have been positive.

But l had a Major issue when I came to the SS#.

I tried to e-mail corporate and tell them that asking for SS# in USA is illegal and to have there legal department look into it , but I got my e-mail back with a could not deliver - fatal errors

Thanks you guys for saving  the game for me .

• Protoman1Protoman1 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I just used my student ID for college. There's no way i was gonna put my SSN on there.

Also you can get this game from file front and a few other places. You don't need the software they say to download.

http://voyagecenturyonline.com/download.php

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
    -Plato

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by trdg

This Download uses a "Bittorrent" type of Download. The only thing that is being uploaded while your downloading is packets from your download that you've already received to others downloading the game. This ensures that everyone gets a fairly higher download speed because your downloading it as a group feeding off from each other as well as the main site. This system is a fairly common way to relieve the download lag that you would experience if 100 people were trying to download the same file from one server at the same time.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }