Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What makes a good guild?

Just looking for ideas on how to get more people into my guild and how others make it worthwhile for their members. Stage events? Giveaways? Etc. Let me know!

Comments

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580
    hey i might want to join ur guild! could u give me sum info about it?image

• TheodorosTheodoros Member Posts: 38

Guild name: Phantom

Realm: Albion

Server: Palomides

A small guild, looking to grow. Everyone is welcome to join!

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580
    I'll see i dont usually play on that server i play on lancelotimage

• DrakolDrakol Member Posts: 56
    your talking about starting a guild in a game that has been out for quite a while now. the way to go about making a guild this late in the game is find a group of friends that you trust. you probaly arent gonna get a bunch of lvl 50's jumping in your guild. so what you need to do is go out and look for new ppl to the game. try to help them out as in lvl'n advice and just friendship. then if they seem like someone you would want in your guild invite them. open recruiting in guilds is a highly risky thing and usually makes for a very unstable guild......just my 2 cents i have been playing daoc since it came out and have been a guild master and am currently a officer in a very happy and succesful guild with about 170 members..

Drakol
    "you can't be right all the time. thats why i'm here."-Drakol

• Mr_ScratchMr_Scratch Member UncommonPosts: 3

Yep what Drakol said. When recruiting I try to get atleast oen to two full groups of like level characters so they can grow together. Try to organise guild hunts for the majority level bracket in your guild, like if you have more 30's then anything else, try to get the grouping, also compliment and promote people based on forming and leading groups of people through the leveling. This gives people something to work for. Unlike Drakol, I have only been playing maybe 8-9 months, but I have a guild of 90+ active people, and just started an allinace on the same premiss. Oh and when you start to get large, get officers to handle alot of the work load, delegation is a winner. Good luck and I wish ya success.

Thanks for your comments, dudes.

• TarquethTarqueth Member UncommonPosts: 26

I'll agree with thier comments and would like to add this.  Don't try to enlist too many people to fast.  Keep your guild small at first.  This helps in several ways.  First, everyone in the guild will get to know eachother really good if they don't already.  The better you know your people the better you will be in RvR together.  Only add new members every so often and help them in leveling and gear.  With that said, if you invite someone and all they do is beg for people to "pwr lvl me" then it would probably be best to get rid of them now.  Offer it to them, but don't let them beg for it.  By only adding a few members at a time it's easy for them to get to know your current guildies and for the current guildies to get to know them.  If you have a huge amount of people joining all at once then it is nearly impossible for everyone to get to know eachother.

Good luck and remember, always above everything else, keep it fun.

~Tarqueth~

~Tarqueth~

Guess what? My guild has completely collapsed. That's right. Most of the remaining members have split. Ah, to be the leader of a memberless guild... well, it's not quite that bad...yet....