Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats Good and Bad about FFXI ???

UstussUstuss Member Posts: 7

Hey im thinking about getting Final Fantasy XI, can any of you who've played the game for awhile tell me wuts good and bad about the game briefly, that would really help me decide if i should or shouldn't get. thanx

image">

Comments

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Pros-

Good graphics

solid game, rare bugs

lots of tradeskills

some nice transportation

missions and quests well thought out.

Cons-

Controls could be better

forced grouping is bad

no PvP out yet

a complete level grind when you get higher

No guilds

no "real" player housing

horrible character customization

very little choice of armor

lack of classes

each area change goes to a completely different enviroment, which is very weird.

Each area looks just like a big maze

No places worth exploring

This game lasted me about 3 months then i just had no reason to log back in. It was a fun 3 months, but i think that's all i'll keep it for.

FFXI- 30Warrior/13Monk
    Server- Lakshmi
    Linkshell- Drunken Chocobos (www.drunkchocobos.com)

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • thepharaohthepharaoh Member Posts: 41

I've just quit playing this game after my 30 days of playing.  My opinion: Boring.  I tried playing different race/class combinations.   It all led up to one thing: This game is not made for the soloist in mind (like most MMO's, of course).  Group play is essential in levelling. Here's my good and bad:

GOOD:  The Questing system is great.  You need to build prestige in cities by questing for people.  The more quests you perform, the more quests you can later unlock.

GOOD:  Group play is essential in levelling.  It helps you to build a experience fast, and make great contacts within game.

GOOD:  The game has an actual plot.  To unlock the plot, you must gain rank in your kingdom.  This can take anywhere from hours to days to unlock.

GOOD:  Outstanding graphic play.  This game takes the cake and more when it comes to great graphics.

With all the good, there comes the bad.

BAD:  Once you reach level 10, you must find a group to gain experience.  If you are a casual player or a soloist at heart, stay away from this game.  It will lead to endless fustration.

BAD:  Hack and Slash mania.  To accomplish things, you have to kill, kill, and kill more.  Killing the same mob over and over again brings back painful memories (a la Everquest).

BAD:  It takes a long time for casual players to unlock plot developments.  I played hardcore for 4 weeks and still felt I was not gaining rank fast enough in the kingdom I was fighting for.

BAD:  Weak economy.  Player economy is thoroughly non-existent.  What player economy that exists is small and dominated with high prices.

=================================================================

There will be many people who disagree with what I have to say, but this is my opinion.  I found FFXI to be boring after 3 weeks.  Trying to accomplish something useful kept me going for another week.  Sorry, but I give Final Fantasy a thumbs down.