Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thrones of Chaos, why so quiet now?

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by brian72282
    Yes, it is true that I was discussing it because at first Adam McCall was talking about getting the license to the entire Mourning game...for free.  The benefit of using that would have been to take the storyline they had, scrap the gameplay and start from the ground up again.  However after spending an extensive amount of time studying the engine (don't ask how I got it), I found that it would be impossible for a small development team to improve it enough to make it viable.  Thus I gave up on that idea and continued on my own.

Since then, I've gone ahead and continued working on my design documents, scrapped the meeting that was supposed to be set up by Mr. McCall for me to meet with Colton Burgess (as supposedly he has strong ties to NC Soft and as such could likely find a way to get funding) and am now saving up to copyright every single page I've done on it so I can attempt to get the game made without fear of IP theft.

In any case, steer clear of this company, their games, THIS game (Thrones of Chaos) and those who are in the upper management ranks at LoudAnt.

Well, if this is all true, that does add a little something to the speculation of who this "world renowned" developer would be.

By the way, nice of you to drop by, Colton. Been a few months since your last visit, hasn't it? Simply amazing, if I knew all it took was shooting Iltorque down to have you come back here, I'd have done it sooner. Good thing I requested him to.

Hmm, questions. Well, I guess we could start with something that seems to be bothering the members on your site, and that would be why you waited til last minute to inform them of changes in the beta status?

Another would be, why not reschedule the interview with Stratics, instead of sloughing it off? I like the different responses given:

Draaken's response:  We are sorry , some schedule problems have come up and now we are not sure, if we can make the chat on that day. We will come up with new informations, when the chat will be done.

Your response: holding a chat just ended up having no real significance to us at this point. (I love this one, considering all the e-mails informing people of the chat happening were sent out only four days before, although some people didn't receive one)

and of course Autumnkisses response: The developer chat was cancelled due to a network issue. Why did your community have to go to Stratics to get an answer?

Also, I guess Draaken has been contacting mmorpg.com about me: It is everytime the same guy...? I feel flattered, I didn't know I caused that much of a stirimage Guess I torqued his chain.

And now that you're selling the game, what are you doing about your promises of lifetime accounts to those burned last time? Is it going to be written in the contract that they have to allow these people free access forever in order for the sale to complete? Because that right there was one of the main selling points you had to show your "good faith" to the community when you first announced this whole thing, and it's a main reason for alot of the people following your game for doing so.

At any rate, start with these and we'll go from there. I'm sure the rest of the community here has questions for you as well

• LoudAntSoftLoudAntSoft Loud Ant Software CEOMember Posts: 56

Originally posted by Zorvan
    Yes, it is true that I was discussing it because at first Adam McCall was talking about getting the license to the entire Mourning game...for free.  The benefit of using that would have been to take the storyline they had, scrap the gameplay and start from the ground up again.  However after spending an extensive amount of time studying the engine (don't ask how I got it), I found that it would be impossible for a small development team to improve it enough to make it viable.  Thus I gave up on that idea and continued on my own.

Since then, I've gone ahead and continued working on my design documents, scrapped the meeting that was supposed to be set up by Mr. McCall for me to meet with Colton Burgess (as supposedly he has strong ties to NC Soft and as such could likely find a way to get funding) and am now saving up to copyright every single page I've done on it so I can attempt to get the game made without fear of IP theft.

In any case, steer clear of this company, their games, THIS game (Thrones of Chaos) and those who are in the upper management ranks at LoudAnt.

Well, if this is all true, that does add a little something to the speculation of who this "world renowned" developer would be.

By the way, nice of you to drop by, Colton. Been a few months since your last visit, hasn't it? Simply amazing, if I knew all it took was shooting Iltorque down to have you come back here, I'd have done it sooner. Good thing I requested him to.

Hmm, questions. Well, I guess we could start with something that seems to be bothering the members on your site, and that would be why you waited til last minute to inform them of changes in the beta status?

Another would be, why not reschedule the interview with Stratics, instead of sloughing it off? I like the different responses given:

Draaken's response:  We are sorry , some schedule problems have come up and now we are not sure, if we can make the chat on that day. We will come up with new informations, when the chat will be done.

Your response: holding a chat just ended up having no real significance to us at this point. 

and of course Autumnkisses response: The developer chat was cancelled due to a network issue. Why did your community have to go to Stratics to get an answer?

Also, I guess Draaken has been contacting mmorpg.com about me: It is everytime the same guy...? I feel flattered, I didn't know I caused that much of a stirimage Guess I torqued his chain.

And now that you're selling the game, what are you doing about your promises of lifetime accounts to those burned last time? Is it going to be written in the contract that they have to allow these people free access forever in order for the sale to complete? Because that right there was one of the main selling points you had to show your "good faith" to the community when you first announced this whole thing, and it's a main reason for alot of the people following your game for doing so.

At any rate, start with these and we'll go from there. I'm sure the rest of the community here has questions for you as well

Free accounts will still be given under the new ownership to those that got burned from the old developers.  I am sorry about the confusion the stractics interview caused.  Are those the only reasons you constantly flame the game? image

Funny how you can type in Zorvan in any engine and it is all about TOC. I have still not heard a a good reason why we deserve your constant flaming.

• avienthasavienthas Member UncommonPosts: 94
    All in all, it is embarassing talking about this "project". I just can´t understand how they can still have a community. Before they went into "beta" with Mourning, i too was frequenting their forums, but now?  It takes alot of boredom to affiliate with a "game" that has already changed 4 (!) (or more ?) names, has been named a scam more than once, has changed more hands than a ..well, many hands.

As for those that claim to be actually working on this thing, a piece of well-meant advice from someone who has been around really long:
    - if you really mean business, stop reacting to things like that, stop trying to clear the image of the game, stop your halfassed attempts at marketing and promotion. Lock yourselves in and WORK on it. Don´t come out until you can deliver a playable game. Doesn´t have to be "brilliant", "good" does it. Until then, nobody believes you, infact you are all losing CHA - points every time you start playing the "but we´re a different company" -song. By now, I would estimate your credibility a notch or two lower than Farlan´s, and that´s saying alot. But hey, they atleast managed to deliver a game, however bad.

Get to work or just be silent, already.

Originally posted by avienthas
    All in all, it is embarassing talking about this "project". I just can´t understand how they can still have a community. Before they went into "beta" with Mourning, i too was frequenting their forums, but now?  It takes alot of boredom to affiliate with a "game" that has already changed 4 (!) (or more ?) names, has been named a scam more than once, has changed more hands than a ..well, many hands.

As for those that claim to be actually working on this thing, a piece of well-meant advice from someone who has been around really long:
    - if you really mean business, stop reacting to things like that, stop trying to clear the image of the game, stop your halfassed attempts at marketing and promotion. Lock yourselves in and WORK on it. Don´t come out until you can deliver a playable game. Doesn´t have to be "brilliant", "good" does it. Until then, nobody believes you, infact you are all losing CHA - points every time you start playing the "but we´re a different company" -song. By now, I would estimate your credibility a notch or two lower than Farlan´s, and that´s saying alot. But hey, they atleast managed to deliver a game, however bad.

Get to work or just be silent, already.

Well, as Zorvan pointed out I have not posted in months. . I am just amazed at how much time he spends posting about the game; it is very impressive. Good luck to you all!

Originally posted by LoudAntSoft

Free accounts will still be given under the new ownership to those that got burned from the old developers.  I am sorry about the confusion the stractics interview caused.  Are those the only reasons you constantly flame the game? image

Funny how you can type in Zorvan in any engine and it is all about TOC. I have still not heard a a good reason why we deserve your constant flaming.

That is pretty funny. And also, it's funny how you keep saying I'm flaming the game. As you well know, flaming is an offence under this sites rules. And as I've already shown by posting the link in my previous post regarding the fact that Draaken has brought me to the attention of mmorpg.com several times apparently, and no action was taken on their part, I would assume it's safe to say I haven't been "flaming" anyone.

Also, if you read the threads that my posts are in, you will see that I am not the only one here who doesn't buy the whole "we are different" bit. I'm not the only one who has a negative opinion about ToC, and I'm not the only one posting in the threads I'm in, but yet you single me out. I have spoken out against DnL, Horizons, and various other games as well, not just yours. The funny thing is, the only times I get "hate mail" in my inbox is from someone regarding ToC. It also appears I'm not the only one who has noticed this strange phenomenon.

Let me make something clear: I don't hate you. You're not high enough on my give-a-shit-list to warrant hate. However, I and others here do not trust or believe you. And it is our right to have and to express our opinions as well as individual findings of what we see and hear regarding ToC.

Forums have been up for two months now here, at least.If the things I have been saying were so far off the mark, you would have stomped all over the offending post from the beginning, to nip the incorrect statements in the bud right then. MMORPG.COM would have warned me at the very least to knock it off, or even banned me. If anything I've said was "wrong" in any way, Draaken would've had some ammo for those complaints to MMORPG.COM, wouldn't he?

• MMO_ManMMO_Man Member Posts: 666

Your response: holding a chat just ended up having no real significance to us at this point. 

Free accounts for a game that will never see the light of day isn't worth much now is it? Oh and I think Zorvan has every reason to flame this game, you guys have not given him or any of us a good reason not too. All we have seen is a bunch of hype for this game but no results, yet you wonder why the game and your company gets flamed?
    By the way I think the game should be removed from the game list again.

I sleep with a pillow under my gun.

That is pretty funny. And also, it's funny how you keep saying I'm flaming the game. As you well know, flaming is an offence under this sites rules. And as I've already shown by posting the link in my previous post regarding the fact that Draaken has brought me to the attention of mmorpg.com several times apparently, and no action was taken on their part, I would assume it's safe to say I haven't been "flaming" anyone.

Also, if you read the threads that my posts are in, you will see that I am not the only one here who doesn't buy the whole "we are different" bit. I'm not the only one who has a negative opinion about ToC, and I'm not the only one posting in the threads I'm in, but yet you single me out. I have spoken out against DnL, Horizons, and various other games as well, not just yours. The funny thing is, the only times I get "hate mail" in my inbox is from someone regarding ToC. It also appears I'm not the only one who has noticed this strange phenomenon.

Let me make something clear: I don't hate you. You're not high enough on my give-a-shit-list to warrant hate. However, I and others here do not trust or believe you. And it is our right to have and to express our opinions as well as individual findings of what we see and hear regarding ToC.

Forums have been up for two months now here, at least.If the things I have been saying were so far off the mark, you would have stomped all over the offending post from the beginning, to nip the incorrect statements in the bud right then. MMORPG.COM would have warned me at the very least to knock it off, or even banned me. If anything I've said was "wrong" in any way, Draaken would've had some ammo for those complaints to MMORPG.COM, wouldn't he?

Flaming has nothing to with whether or not it violates a sites TOS.  I am sorry, but I dont have time to repond to your posts; I have a lot of things to do this week.

But if you want, you can copy and paste all your posts into a word document, email them to me,  and each week either I or someone else will comment on everything you write and send it back!  How does that sound?

I am sorry we are not worthy enough to be
    on your give-a-shit list. Although, that is hard to tell given all the posts you have made on TOC and our company.

Good luck to you!

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524
    It doesn't surprise me that Zorvan, or just gamers in general, post
    about this game.  People can't help but watch a train wreck and
    Mourning, DnL, Horizons and maybe some others have been our MMO
    disgraces.  We like to chat about them.  Whether or not you
    contributed to the mess or just inherited it, you're kind of stuck with
    people watching and criticising your every move, or lack of
    moves.  I'd probably dump this white elephant, too.

Flaming has nothing to with whether or not it violates a sites TOS.  I am sorry, but I dont have time to repond to your posts; I have a lot of things to do this week.

But if you want, you can copy and paste all your posts into a word document, email them to me,  and each week either I or someone else will comment on everything you write and send it back!  How does that sound?

on your give-a-shit list. Although, that is hard to tell given all the posts you have made on TOC and our company.

Good luck to you!

I think we should start a petition to get ToC removed from the site again. You have already stated that LoudAnt isn't going to release the game.

quote "The engine was always promising as it could be upgraded relatively
    easily. That was the main objective when purchasing the assets. The
    game was also worked on a ton at the same time. However, we are not
    going to release a game which isnt done yet. It is highly likely Loud
    Ant wont be the company releasing the game but the new company which is
    buying it. We will have to see."

Originally posted by MMO_Man

Good luck to you!

I think we should start a petition to get ToC removed from the site again. You have already stated that LoudAnt isn't going to release the game.

quote "The engine was always promising as it could be upgraded relatively easily. That was the main objective when purchasing the assets. The game was also worked on a ton at the same time. However, we are not going to release a game which isnt done yet. It is highly likely Loud Ant wont be the company releasing the game but the new company which is buying it. We will have to see."

I completely agree with the removal as it is up in the air who is going to release it.  But if you read what I wrote "unlikely" is different then "isnt going to release."

Originally posted by MMO_Man

Good luck to you!

quote "The engine was always promising as it could be upgraded relatively easily. That was the main objective when purchasing the assets. The game was also worked on a ton at the same time. However, we are not going to release a game which isnt done yet. It is highly likely Loud Ant wont be the company releasing the game but the new company which is buying it. We will have to see."

I completely agree with the removal as it is up in the air who is going to release it.  But if you read what I wrote "unlikely" is different then "isnt going to release."

We have become good at reading between the lines around here.image

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

I am sick of this Colton. There is a group of about 4-10 usernames on mmorpg.com that use the same language, use the same type of topic titles, post the same things, share similarities and have the same views. Very few of them post, instead they sent hateful PMs to people. They all sent same hateful PMs to several critics of your game including like Zorvan, Bitey, Derfel, me and several others. Since I can assume this to be one person's work, I doubt anyone beyond the core of your crew is responsible for this. Who else who take the massive ammount of time, effort and hate to sent out between 10-30 PMs with several usernames?

You have a record of threating critics with that little Krellibrary.org controversy. Stop or I am going to have a mod (Razorback, that I have known for awhile and is a veteran of the mourning fight) start a investigation this matter.

Originally posted by Shrubber
    I am sick of this Colton. There is a group of about 4-10 usernames on mmorpg.com that use the same language, use the same type of topic titles, post the same things, share similarities and have the same views. Very few of them post, instead they sent hateful PMs to people. They all sent same hateful PMs to several critics of your game including like Zorvan, Bitey, Derfel, me and several others. Since I can assume this to be one person's work, I doubt anyone beyond the core of your crew is responsible for this. Who else who take the massive ammount of time, effort and hate to sent out between 10-30 PMs with several usernames?
    You have a record of threating critics with that little Krellibrary.org controversy. Stop or I am going to have a mod (Razorback, that I have known for awhile and is a veteran of the mourning fight) start a investigation this matter.

You should investigate as I have no idea what your talking about in terms of pm spam. I would also let the admins of this site know.

Stop or I am going to have a mod (Razorback, that I have known for
    awhile and is a veteran of the mourning fight) start a investigation
    this matter.  image

Your full of it. You know damn well who is doing this.

Someone has a group of accounts that are set at doing one purpose- senting hateful shit to critics/non-fans/questioners of your game. The accounts all appeared around a month or two after Thrones of Chaos appeared, and all the accounts are spent doing the same purpose. This isn't a couple fanboys or something- tons of accounts, tons of PMs and sometimes information that isn't available to anyone outside your crew. 

Your full of it. You know damn well who is doing this.

Someone has a group of accounts that are set at doing one purpose- senting hateful shit to critics/non-fans/questioners of your game. The accounts all appeared around a month or two after Thrones of Chaos appeared, and all the accounts are spent doing the same purpose. This isn't a couple fanboys or something- tons of accounts, tons of PMs and sometimes information that isn't available to anyone outside your crew. 

I already told you I don't  know what you are talking about. Talk to the Admins of this site, and I am sure they will ip ban them if it is a serious issue.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

I too noticed a ton of posts made by "posters" who post new threads in random forums, Always something like this: "this will be the best mmorpg www.thronesofchaos.com" and "This is the best pvp game ever www.thronesofchaos.com", I noticed these posts on diffrent forums such as mmorpg.com and Codemasters forums. Your not going to convince me that those are made by random fanbois. 

Originally posted by Gameloading
    I too noticed a ton of posts made by "posters" who post new threads in random forums, Always something like this: "this will be the best mmorpg www.thronesofchaos.com" and "This is the best pvp game ever" www.thronesofchaos.com, I noticed these posts on diffrent forums such as mmorpg.com and Codemasters forums. Your not going to convince me that those are made by random fanbois. 

That's because there not. There is one person (language,
    dates, titles, message, and purpose are too similar not to be) out there that
    is spending an incredible amount of effort trying to spam or otherwise harass
    people that wonder about Colton’s
    game.

TocNewsBot also was a wonderful spamming device posting old news on the Thrones of Chaos mmorpg.com gamelist board.
    Like I said, Colton. I'm not the only one who notices things here. Good day to you.
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

I too noticed a ton of posts made by "posters" who post new threads in random forums, Always something like this: "this will be the best mmorpg www.thronesofchaos.com" and "This is the best pvp game ever" www.thronesofchaos.com, I noticed these posts on diffrent forums such as mmorpg.com and Codemasters forums. Your not going to convince me that those are made by random fanbois. 

That's because there not. There is one person (language, dates, titles, message, and purpose are too similar not to be) out there that is spending an incredible amount of effort trying to spam or otherwise harass people that wonder about Colton’s game.

TocNewsBot also was a wonderful spamming device posting old news on the Thrones of Chaos mmorpg.com gamelist board.

As I said, I doubt those are random fanbois, and its pretty obvious those are staff members of loudant. Its not a big surprise, considering there is so little advertising and hype for this game. Also, I clearly remember the latest "staff recruitment" by Loudant. What was the payment again? Didn't developers receive the engine or something like that as payment?

• WallyGatorWallyGator Member Posts: 18

That's because there not. There is one person (language, dates, titles, message, and purpose are too similar not to be) out there that is spending an incredible amount of effort trying to spam or otherwise harass people that wonder about Colton’s game.

As I said, I doubt those are random fanbois, and its pretty obvious those are staff members of loudant. Its not a big surprise, considering there is so little advertising and hype for this game. Also, I clearly remember the latest "staff recruitment" by Loudant. What was the payment again? Didn't developers receive the engine or something like that as payment?

I don't know. There are some crazy fanbois out there, seriously.

Originally posted by WallyGator

I don't know. There are some crazy fanbois out there, seriously.

Start criticizing Thrones of Chaos and just sit back and watch. You will get at least several PMs calling you a "clown and a "moron" by several different accounts. All of them use the same language, profiles, dates, titles, message, and purpose. Beyond that, sometimes they will silp up and use information that isn't aviable beyond Colton's crew.

I have encountered fanboys in the past, these are not one of them. Fanboys will argue on a forum with you and defend their game, these guys just PM you several times with insulting names.

It's werid because I dealt with mourning and NEVER EVER recieved PMs like I recieve now. And Mourning fanboys were far more numerous and zealous.

• brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Funny thing is, he tells you to email him with your rants, yet my serious legal claims that were emailed to him were brushed off.  Way to be a class act Colton.

Funny thing is, he tells you to email him with your rants, yet my serious legal claims that were emailed to him were brushed off.  Way to be a class act Colton.

Yea.....he didn't even respond to you in this open-forum, open-door policy forum. He tends to that, he likes to avoid or glance over question that don't suit him. Or he types up an excuse/coupout that doesn't makes logical sense.

Please answer brian honestly and openly, Colton.

what legal claims? when was this email sent?