Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CM completely drops the ball

grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
Are you archlord players a bit annoyed that all your in-game money is going to be deleted? Or am I reading it wrong?

--
Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

Comments

• shassellshassell Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Yer reading it wrong........ cause they just renewed it all post 4th ...... an who can argue about it going free..)
  • PolyformistPolyformist Member Posts: 57
    I feel this is a great game,  don't get me wrong,  I don't play it, I helped test it!  I feel "if" this game had came out when Diablo 2 was new.  ArchLord would have reign supreme for its time.  However we are now close to 10 years into the future, and this style of game is often thought of as Old Tech, even when it really is fairly recent tech.

I give this game a 6 of 10 rateing myself (Average).

---Retired---
    WAR - Lots
    Vanguard - Lots

---Live---
    WoW - LOTS
    EQ - LOTS

• Ake_GamerAke_Gamer Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by grimboj
    Are you archlord players a bit annoyed that all your in-game money is going to be deleted? Or am I reading it wrong?

CM communication in regards to this has been lacking. Some say they got an email about it, but I did not. I consider myself to be in the loop. I'm sure there is a lot more confusion for people who don't read the boards.

Effectively, anyone with an outstanding Chantra Balance had it wiped and replaced by 3K Chantra. I'm sure if many understood that then they would not have had an outstanding balance. I'm a bit disgruntled by it, but at the same time I got more Chantra than I would have if the pay model hadn't changed, so my complaining is a bit hollow.

It would have been more appropriate to add 3K to everyone's balance, but that would have required some math in the database work. Instead they just set the field = 3,000. I've seen other lazy database solutions from CM like this in the past.

Dec 20,1999: AC1(DT).Since then:DAoC,SB,AC2,L2,EvE,WoW,SoR
    ====================
    Currently playing: ArchLord - L58 Knight
    LoTRo - L13 Dwarf Guardian

• VanguardeVanguarde Member Posts: 198
    this game is getting better hopefully. image
  • xEckoxEcko Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Its all right for me got 980 credits out of 3000 left from buying game and on januray 4th i will have 3000 again yay

• XdRaZXdRaZ Member Posts: 8
    i heard this game sucks.. so someone tell me why i should even try and play this game

• LuLaLLuLaL Member Posts: 7

It's truly a beautifully drawn game .  The art details are incredible.  It has a short log in..no big wait for it..no lengthy advertising screens to get to playing. 

It is also the biggest grindfest I have ever seen.  At upper levels all there is for you is grind grind and more grinding.

The game is also lacking in that for some characters you have no choice as to their sex since it is predetermined via the storyline and lol some guys just don't wanna play female chars. 

At lower levels it is fun with quests that aren't too repetative and are balanced nicely tween fetch in carry and venturing into unknown (scarey) areas. 

It's not a play it for years kinda game but it is loads of fun for say 3 months :)

We knew the Chantra swap was coming and spent before the money was wiped/replaced.  I know several players whose money was wiped and their credits not restocked but they were in the minority .  Overall the thing went well.  I would concur it was lazy DB management,  However I will add that CM very prompty credited back our prepayments when it went to F2P.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    If at upper levels the only thing you do is grind, then I'm not surprised you didn't like it. The game is about PVP, try to get involved in the clan fights a bit more, especialy with the Siege system going up in the next patch.

Originally posted by xEcko
    Its all right for me got 980 credits out of 3000 left from buying game and on januray 4th i will have 3000 again yay

Short answer: 1. open PvP. Only thing close out there is EvE in terms of player driven politics/justice. But you have to like the sci fi thing. This is pure fantasy with asian influence.

2. King of the Hill: 1 guild rules the server for 3 weeks of every month. What other pvp game allows a guild to win like this? I'm not talking some academic ranking. I'm talking about physically besting all your opponents in open warfare.

All the other comments about PvE issues, O_o issues like character customizations, cosmetics, art work etc is window dressing. ::::31:: You try AL primarily for the PvP. If all the other things are important to you like the sex of your character, then look elsewhere as that is not what this game is all about.

====================

Originally posted by Ake_Gamer

Short answer: 1. open PvP. Only thing close out there is EvE in terms of player driven politics/justice. But you have to like the sci fi thing. This is pure fantasy with asian influence.

2. King of the Hill: 1 guild rules the server for 3 weeks of every month. What other pvp game allows a guild to win like this? I'm not talking some academic ranking. I'm talking about physically besting all your opponents in open warfare.

All the other comments about PvE issues, O_o issues like character customizations, cosmetics, art work etc is window dressing. ::::31:: You try AL primarily for the PvP. If all the other things are important to you like the sex of your character, then look elsewhere as that is not what this game is all about.

Archlord is open limited pvp, lineage 2 is open pvp at level 1.

Archlord is king of the hill sure, there are plenty of customization in L2 then archlord.

ArchLord customization (I mean real customization, not eye candy) is imo better then L2's. there are just more possibilities in AL's system and its better balanced. Also, In Lineage 2 you can get camped at level 1, not the case with ArchLord. the lvl 15 start is a good thing.

Originally posted by Vanguarde
    Originally posted by Ake_Gamer Originally posted by xEckoIts all right for me got 980 credits out of 3000 left from buying game and on januray 4th i will have 3000 again yay

All the other comments about PvE issues, O_o issues like character customizations, cosmetics, art work etc is window dressing. You try AL primarily for the PvP. If all the other things are important to you like the sex of your character, then look elsewhere as that is not what this game is all about.

Archlord is open limited pvp, lineage 2 is open pvp at level 1.
    Archlord is king of the hill sure, there are plenty of customization in L2 then archlord.

Limited? Are you serious? In terms of experience the 15 levels is a grain of sand on a beach. It's nothing. But for many, being able to be ganked at L1 always causes concerns. If they had allowed people to camp the newb towns people would complain.

As for your second comment. I don't know where you are coming from comparing the PvP game goal with customization. Apples and oranges.

The guy was asking for differentiators, if you want to claim that L2 is superior in pvp to AL because of character customization, I'll not argue as we are worlds apart in terms of PvP.

====================

• snugglesnuggle Member Posts: 3
    If you played the BETA one of the biggest problems was camping out side of starter villages. This meant that after a certain point any new players were being killed every time they left the village and thus unable to experiance the game properly. They introduced the increased level cap on PvP to allow players to get some gametime before they were able to be openly attacked. It does not take long to reach the PvP level, but it all generated from the way people played the game during BETA which is what BETA is for. 

ArchLord - Lvl 30

http://www.mrktat.com

No lineage 2 is true open pvp clan politics and huge castle siege.

Originally posted by Vanguarde

No lineage 2 is true open pvp clan politics and huge castle siege.

In about every post you keep whining "Lineage 2 this, Lineage 2 that" THEN GO PLAY LINEAGE 2 then.