Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where did the beta go?

So I'm a winner of the 250...
I read around and some seem to have gotten their keys...
I'm just curious,
where's mine?!::::16::

Anyone else without key that won the drawing?

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
It all sucked.

Comments

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606
    Me ive won and nothing just a newsletter the other day so your not alone hehe

• DentoDento Member UncommonPosts: 138

No, I didn''t get a key yet.

I don't think anyone has.

They are tweaking the US servers and when they are ready we all get in.

Which will be by the end of this year imageimageimageimage

Thats what I've read anyway.

• ZubaZuba Member Posts: 141
    correction sometime in december

• L0k1-L0k1- Member Posts: 240
    they've send out a mail to apoligize, because they need to fintetune their servers. but you'll get into beta before the end of the year :)

• AnkuaAnkua Member Posts: 64

Here is part of the email sent its the client they are working on.

As it turned out, we are not quite ready yet. Of course this doesn’t mean that we will push back your Closed Beta access with a few months, but we do need some additional weeks to get things up and running. Our American servers have gone live recently and the first heavy testing on these speed monsters has been completed. Our development team will release a new revision of the game by the end of next week. That new version will be tested and stabilized to function as the platform on which future Closed Beta activities can be planned.

So we are almost there, I for one cannot wait.

• TharcideTharcide Member Posts: 97
    No one has gotten their keys yet.
    And on November 30th they said it was safe to say we would be in by the end of the year.

But they did also say that they needed a few weeks.

So... Between December 14th and the end of the year, more leaning towards the third week of December.

• Mobius1Mobius1 Member Posts: 1
    So the US server's initially going to be closed beta?

I wish I had followed this website rather than the main website, since it seems like this is where they gave away most of the beta keys. It's been over a year and a half and still no beta invite for me....kind of a bummer.

• ZubaZuba Member Posts: 141
    thats along time mobius, bad luck. anyway it wont be long until we my friend will play the game

• OnijinOnijin Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Ok maybe I'm lost here, you guys are sayign you got an email with them apologizing for the delay? Cause I've won and the only thing I get to read about is here in this forum? I think some of you need to re-read what you post. No emails other than a news letter was sent to ANYONE. Freeze came on here and stated the delay.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by Onijin
    Ok maybe I'm lost here, you guys are sayign you got an email with them apologizing for the delay? Cause I've won and the only thing I get to read about is here in this forum? I think some of you need to re-read what you post. No emails other than a news letter was sent to ANYONE. Freeze came on here and stated the delay.

I got one of the apology e-mails. It was only a line or two, I think. I deleted mine, though. Anybody got a copy of theirs still to post?

• OnijinOnijin Member UncommonPosts: 50

Originally posted by Zorvan
    Originally posted by Onijin

I got one of the apology e-mails. It was only a line or two, I think. I deleted mine, though. Anybody got a copy of theirs still to post?

Mmm, well that sucks. It'd be nice to hear from Freeze on here soemtime soon again. Considering I never got one of those apology emails. though I hope I get my beta key, I recieve the news letters so there is no reason I shouldn't get the apology letter, and I check my inbox, spam mail daily -.-. Thanks for clarifying it for me though Zorvan.
  • XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    I got one of those emails a while back and deleted it too..  I'm kinda annoyed, I won something, and haven't gotten it in what? 2 months now?  maybe more.

Don't worry, Xex. As soon as they're done promoting supposedly famous (I never heard of them 'til the video) rock bands, I'm sure they'll remember they're supposed to be promoting a game and get back to businessimage
  • AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Don't worry, Xex. As soon as they're done promoting supposedly famous (I never heard of them 'til the video) rock bands, I'm sure they'll remember they're supposed to be promoting a game and get back to businessimage

I said something along these lines in the other discussion of this topic, where apparently some fanbois are attacking the beta key winners for complaining. The general response over there seems to be that we're not allowed to complain about the TCoS beta taking so long because other people have been waiting for THEIR beta invites for several years.

Personally, I think the whole thing is ridiculous. I was thrilled when I received the email that I had won the contest, and told my friends about it, but when they ask now, I can only say "they haven't got around to it yet," to which they usually reply "wasn't that like 2 months ago?" Naturally the conversation usually ends with "what a joke."

Originally posted by Aethios

I said something along these lines in the other discussion of this topic, where apparently some fanbois are attacking the beta key winners for complaining. The general response over there seems to be that we're not allowed to complain about the TCoS beta taking so long because other people have been waiting for THEIR beta invites for several years.

Personally, I think the whole thing is ridiculous. I was thrilled when I received the email that I had won the contest, and told my friends about it, but when they ask now, I can only say "they haven't got around to it yet," to which they usually reply "wasn't that like 2 months ago?" Naturally the conversation usually ends with "what a joke."

Yeah, after the delays with the beta and sporadic news, along with the official community seemeing to love jumping all over anyone who dares to mention it is TCoS responsibility, not mmorpg.com's, to keep the beta people current since it's them holding the keys; I'd just as soon watch this one slide on by.

And although I admit it's petty, I will not be giving my key away. I want their "official" community to know that one of their chances at beta was squandered on meimage

Not to mention I couldn't very well remind people here that key swapping is against the rules if I did it myselfimage

• jwshaw88jwshaw88 Member Posts: 149

I agree with you on this one Z, I think I would rather never get the key at this point.  I have participated in beta for several games of late and all I find is disappointment in the game and even a lot of frustration with the technical and customer support.  I thought by beta testing their game and providing value added feedback, attending focus groups and the like that I was helping them make the game better for all the players/customers, but evidently I was just graced with the "priveledge" of playing their game as they want it to be. 

I really like the concepts listed in the FAQ about how Spellborn will be set up, but I've been down that road before and found that those concepts aren't always delivered upon.  I had high hopes for this game, but for now, I guess I'm just shifting to watch and see mode.

• BytoByto Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Hi all,

iam also a winner of the 250 mmorpg contest and all i got was an newsletter e-mail.Hope they send out the Keys  out before this year
    will go to his end.

• Shirley521Shirley521 Member Posts: 1

Hi, my dear friend, I know you in the forum, I see that you have talked many in the forum and know much about this game, spellborn. I am new at this game, and I'd like to know some from you. Can you please give me your email, or msn , or icq?
    My msn is [email protected], and email is the same address.
    Hoping to receive your reply*gg*
    best regards! 

• DentoDento Member UncommonPosts: 138

Originally posted by Shirley521

Hi, my dear friend, I know you in the forum, I see that you have talked many in the forum and know much about this game, spellborn. I am new at this game, and I'd like to know some from you. Can you please give me your email, or msn , or icq?
    best regards! 

Is this some new sort of spam? I have 2 PMs over at TCoS just like this guys post.

Theres something not right about this.

Anyone else get PMed by these guys either here or on the TCoS forums?

• LougarouLougarou Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by Dento
    Originally posted by Shirley521
    best regards!  image

Is this some new sort of spam? I have 2 PMs over at TCoS just like this guys post.

Theres something not right about this.

Anyone else get PMed by these guys either here or on the TCoS forums?

Yeah I think this is some sort of spam/scam attempt, not sure but it sure looks intriguing. (Chinese mail address but profile says "she" is French... name doesn't match either.)
    Either way, reported. image

• KnThrakKnThrak Member Posts: 19
    Awww - beta... Giev :(

*so envious*

SQUEAK.
    --(The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)