Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What made you quit WoW?

Comments

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I had some fun times in wow becouse of some nice peeps i met in other mmo and desided to play wow.

Have 6 lvl60 (solo 4 of them its easy)and quit after more then year becouse i had bad luck with guilds spliiitng up and pvp sucks and its only item based mmo with ENDLESS GRINDING.

Dont like wow anymore prolly will never play it anymore im bored to death with it.

And community is realy not for me to childish and newbee and cant realy depend on most off them maybe my badluck.

Darkfall superb pvp and community all same gamestyle and attitude towards game so prolly a much better mmo for me.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Why did I quit WoW?

Because, I was lvl 35 and had 5,000g and could buy an epic item for every level until I reached 60. Then I started dueling all day long because that's the only thing I found fun, then I got bored with that and already accomplished my goal of getting alot of money so I quit.

The game is bad. REAL bad.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531
    End game revolves 100% around item grinding, whether in PvP or PvE.

• MylonMylon Member Posts: 975
    I quit because I played each and every class up to about level 20, and by that time I was sick of the game.  It takes about one day (24 hours) of gameplay to get that far, and it all feels the same.

Plus the rested EXP feature is really a half-assed way of benefitting the casual player.  I mean, after about level 15 it was always on, so what difference did it make?  Now if it scaled a bit more...

Oh yeah, and I only had a small number of my RL friends on the same server.  If I met anyone outside of the game, I couldn't use WoW as a means to make good friends out of acquaintances because they'd be on a different server or be a vastly different level than me.  I was vaguely interested in the PvP, but Guild Wars seems to fit the role of quick and easy PvP (that isn't restrictive based on grinding your class to certain levels) better.

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

I havent quit wow yet, but im slowly weening myself off her. I'm celebrating my third christmas in WoW and When I started playing I was in grade 10 and had lotsa time to kill.. now with first year university going in for a BSC, Between raiding and homework, I have absolutly no time for a social life, let alone showering, homework or sleeping more than 5 hours a night.

Oh as a note, Snakey im calling bullshit.

Originally posted by SnaKey
    Why did I quit WoW? Because,
    I was lvl 35 and had 5,000g and could buy an epic item for every level
    until I reached 60. Then I started dueling all day long because that's
    the only thing I found fun, then I got bored with that and already
    accomplished my goal of getting alot of money so I quit.The game is bad. REAL bad.

anybody who plays wow knows that that is an impossible feat unless you started playing the AH all day a long time ago when people were buying stuff. Players who are lvl 60 and bust their ass farming and playing the AH, 5,000g is still a major accomplishment,

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
     Snakey is just trolling he has been playing EvE for years and probably never even touched WoW. Guy is obviously elite.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• AshynAshyn Member Posts: 91

What made you quite WoW? How do I count the ways?

In a nut shell the sheer fact that it was "working as intened." 

1. Not solo friendly
    2. Poor community spirit (7,000,000 players  translates to 6,000,000 assholes)
    3. Reputation grind *rolls eyes at furbolg*
    4. Twinks (one hit kill in BG is not my idea of "fun").
    5. Epics (see above)
    6. Lack of skill needed to play (see above)
    7. Exploitation of battlegrounds and the "line" to advance the *cough* chosen one.
    8. Character imbalances, changes, potential changes and the "hey, let's try this, ooops, didn't work, never mind" 
    9. That EQ developer they hired
    10. Policy changes (ie; no PWNDJOONEWB names which was later changed to no WHOSURDADDAY names on RP servers only).

In the end, trying to adapt and play within so many things that made it "not fun" for me simply resulted in a time sink that simply wasn't enjoyable. I wouldn't pay to see a movie twice if it sucked the first time around. Change the ending all you want, the plot still sucks.

-Ashyn.

• DemDemDemDemDemDem Member Posts: 160

Got from 1-60 on a human mage. Thought ok that was awful...Now 60 theres nothing to do, maybe if I make a Horde life will be different. Made an Undead Rogue 1-60...Wow it still sucks ass.

Quit because it's boring, totally over-hyped, full of whiney little pre-pubecent children and host a lack of intelligence from 75% of the people from the community. The only thing that kept me on the game for the 1 year I played was the PvP Horde v Alliance. Atleast they got something right.

/Ash

• RyosukeRyosuke Member Posts: 42
    Raiding... Pretty much nothing to do end-game but to raid.. and PVP gets boring after awhile doing the same BG's over and over

imageimageimage

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572

Already been said a zillion times, but oh well. image

a) No ways of advancing at max level besides extremely time-consuming, hamster-wheel raiding or repetitive and limited Battlegrounds.

b) World's Worst Community, consisting of the largest concerntration of nerf-whiners, self-centered egotastic retards, ninjas, laughably elitist raiders & compulsive chat spammers.

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926
    lack of help on crowded server for levels 55 + got busy distracted in real life and found i just didn't miss it .
    Had several guilds over time that had drama and in the end without regular pals willing to play together it was just not fun.
    Other big reason was due to game mechanics we not only fought mobs but game farmers. Not just the chineese ones but the entire population was after gold for whatever reason

• pezitpezit Member UncommonPosts: 63
    It's the worst grind in any game i've ever played. And it's not the level grind i'm talking about, it's the damn item grind. At 60 you can either grind faction, pvp or pve. I like to ask people who still play wow what they would do if they got every single one of the best items.. most of them would probably quit.

I have played Lineage2 and the level grind in that game is really hard, but at least you can enjoy pvp/politics from time to time and get away from the endless grind.

Obviously blizzards treasure hunting idea's work really good for sales numbers(just look at Diablo 1 and 2).

• HirnuHirnu Member Posts: 1
    After 1,5 years I finally managed to quit WoW image

I didn't hate WoW either, but in the end it's just another mindless grinding game... I didn't have time for it anymore. My friends and guild were the only reasons I kept playing for those last few months.

I'm glad I quit, but still WoW has been one of the best games I've played. image
  • roxelleroxelle Member Posts: 4

i quit Wow because the money was playng a part

after you are lvl 60 its get boring you can start aggain but that gets borring to after a wile

wow is a pretty good game but there are so much other good games than wow

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by godpuppet
    Theres alot of WoW hate on these forums, im curious to hear where peoples fueled anger derives from...

Answer my simple question: "What made you quit WoW?"

I quit WoW after two long years. Why? Becuase of weak endgame and the worst community I have ever bared witness too. Do I hate WoW? No, I got alot of enjoyment out of it.

Your turn.

I'm sorry, am I only one that finds it hillarious when someone critises WoW's end game after having playing for 2 years? So uhhhh, what exactly did you do for a year and a half after you got to lvl 60???

But anyways, why did I leave WoW, one word. Balance.

The WoW development team seems completely insane with the word BALANCE.

I'm tired of balance, I don't want to be balanced. I don't want the classes to be balanced, I don't want the difficulty to balanced, I don't need crafting to be balanced and I certainly don't want the factions to be balanced. A priestess should NOT be able to keep up with a warrior with damage, no matter the build, a mage should not have mass survivability when being attacked by 5 peoples as say, a hunter would.

That's what ruined the game for me, balance. There just wasnt' a point to playing anything any more and I can't see the point in trying hard to enjoy a game where everyone wants to be the same.

• LangretzLangretz Member Posts: 9

I quit WoW after playing on Magtheridon and finding out that no one will party with you until you can run an instance. I pretty much gave up on trying to to solo because you would go from one area that had level 12-14 mobs to an area right next dorr who had level 18-22 mobs....how are you supposed to level with such a big difference? I was level 16 and I could sit around for hours killing off mobs much weaker than me or go to the next area and die a million time because the mobs are so much stonger than me.

Plus I hated how the game was truly only about getting to level 60 and getting all your skills to 300.  I mean it seemed to me no one really cared about you until level 60 so you could raid. So why not just go like Guild Wars and make the cap something ridiculously low so the game can get on faster.

And as for the post above me: I don't really like the level of balance to the game either but I'm glad it was there. Because in an MMORPG if things were as unbalanced as you'd like them to be everyone would pick a Mage and Warlock and NOTHING else. Because most people are just like "Yay I have to pick the character that can do the most damage the fastest!" So without the balance a few of the classes would pretty much be non existant. Especially the Druid, no one picks them as it is if the game became unblanaced then there would be no need for the Druid because they wouldn't be able to hold their own against anything.

• RhemsRhems Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Still didn't quit. But probably AoC will make me quit. I hope.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    I quit because the PvP system in that game is complete crap, and I hate PvE raiding.
  • ladyloreladylore Member Posts: 126

I quit WoW because nothing motivated me to continue to play it.  I stopped playing with my main only in the early 40's due to boredom.

I never really felt like there was any compelling reason for my horde characters to want to PvP with the alliance, or vice versa.  There were more people on my side that I wanted to kill for acting like jerks.  So I never got any fulfillment or sense of excitment from PvP.

I never really felt like I actually needed to group with anybody to get anything done.  And since I was playing by myself so much, I couldn't really justify the monthly fee I was paying.  Because I certainly wasn't paying it to get new or dynamic game content.

I never really felt like there was anything for me to do in the game on days when I wasn't in the mood to grind; I found very few people who were into roleplaying, I had no house or apartment to decorate, crafting was so easy it was boring (and anything I could have produced wouldn't have been very unique or special anyways).  I still am not sure what you're supposed to do for fun in WoW if you're not grinding for exp or ganking for honor.

I never really got into the artwork, either.  I could tell that the artwork was very well done, but I just never got used to looking like a cartoon character with a face of 1 of 5. 

And finally, I quit playing WoW because I realized that there was only ONE reason why I WAS playing it in the first place.  I was only playing it because everybody else was playing it.  There wasn't anything about WoW that I enjoyed as much as let alone more than EQ1, EQ2, Lineage 2, etc. etc. at all.  So I went back to a game that I actually enjoyed instead of just following the hype.

• Originally posted by godpuppet

Answer my simple question: "What made you quit WoW?"

Answer: dangerous minorities
  • jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221
    I quit WoW about 10 months ago.

The reason? My age. Im getting too old for MMORPGs.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I joined WoW in open beta on a PvP server... leveled a Pally to 60.. even raided MC thru Rag... hated it (esp the 5 minute buffing)... so I re-rolled a Priest and got to 60... and hated it, esp when my guild made me respec from Shadow to healing... so I joined the horde and leveled a mage to 60... (sort of liked that guy) but couldnt find a decent raiding guild...and couldn't figure out what else there was to do if I didn't raid. 

I quit WoW for 5 months.... played COV and GW .....

Restarted in Feb with a Druid, got to 60, joined a good raiding guild and got through Nef.... but I hated being healing spec and not being able to do anything in PvP... but I hated WoW's timed, instanced PvP anyways..so not such a big deal  But I was dying from the raiding, staying up till 2 am 4 or 5 nights a week... and falling asleep at work.. so I quit the raiding guild, transferred to a new server where some friends were just taking down Rag....

And found out that the prospect of redoing BWL held no excitment... so I quit joining raids.... and had nothing to do (hate grinding faction, btw)... so I started leveling a Warlock with the hopes of getting to 60 before BC came out in November... no wait..December, no wait... January.... (right...I still say its coming in March, btw)

My lock was at level 44 when the January BC annoucement came out... and I lost the will to WoW..... I decided to cancel my pre-orders and in early November went back to DAOC....my previous game and rediscovered my love for all things RvR... I leveled up 4 new characters to 49.5 and am spending all my time in the battlegrounds... I scoff at people who try and get me to go on Dragon raids (noooo..not that word) or craft something for them.

I still have 2 WOW accounts... which renew on Jan 4th... I'll be shutting them down though... and staying with DAOC until something new comes along next year..... (WH, AOC, Vanguard, whatever, I'll try them all if I have to..but it wont be any more Wow)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290
    I grew tired of the Farming and server inflation. It felt way to much that you had to do A to recieve B to make it to C and everyone else was in a race to do the same.
  • BattleFelonBattleFelon Member UncommonPosts: 483

I have a love-hate affair with WOW.

On one hand, WOW was the "savior" game that kept me interested in MMOGs. Before that my experiences were limited to a free trial of Asheron's Call (couldn't get into it), Star Wars Galaxies (cool sandbox but no story) and City of Heroes (super repetitive world). WOW gave me what I couldn't experience in past MMOGs - an expansive world to explore and interesting quests/storylines. I also found it "casual friendly" all the way up to 60. PVP seemed pretty balanced in my 40s and I could log on for an hour or two and still make progress. 

The final straw came with the opening of AQ on my server. I happened to be off the day the gates opened and wanted to go view the big battles going on out in Silthius. I was immediately greeted with lots of abuse from the "uber" guilds who wanted non-members to stay the hell out of the area because this was "their" special event.  That's when I realized WOW was like an exclusive LA club - the "leet" players who spend their lives online get the best of everything while the average Joe gets left standing in the proverbial "line" for hours on end, hoping to get just a glimpse of what's happening in the VIP room.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by jimmyman99
    I quit WoW about 10 months ago.

The reason? My age. Im getting too old for MMORPGs.

LOL, you are never too old to MMORPG.... hell, I'm almost 50... and still going strong...

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

This discussion has been closed.