Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

system spec question

KugelnKugeln Member Posts: 151
 Ello guys/gals i was wondering what systems yall run the game on cause this game looks good i will have to wait for open beta to find out what the game is truly like do to NDA but just tell me what systems yall are on. I am on a 1.7ghz intel celeron 256 mb ram soundblaster 512 PCI and a GeForce FX 5200 128mb graphics card  from the specs on the site i think im low in the ram department. So please tell me ur system specs and how decent u run the game please and ty in advance image

Comments

• DantesDantes Member Posts: 163

2.1Ghz P4
    Asus P4T533 Mobo
    512MB RDRAM
    Soundblaster XGamer
    70GB 7200rpm HD (I think that's right)
    GeForce4 TI4600 128MB
    Cable Modem

Notes about performance so far: I can't turn graphics up to MAX because I will consistenly get a "Out of Virtual Memory" error so I keep it at medium with everything else turned up. I'm guessing I need more RAM but RDRAM is too friggin expensive so I'm not about to do that. The graphics look great BUT I do get lag when around more than 10 people at one time.

Beta tester supreme

Beta tester supreme

• KugelnKugeln Member Posts: 151
    ty for the info BTW nice system :) so if ur laging around 10 people im gonna lag around no one and when i see the first person im gonna go boom and crash hehe still gonna try it though thanks for the info

• DantesDantes Member Posts: 163
    Yeah, I like the game I just hope that they clean up some things and make it smoother and such by optimizing certain parts of the code. (I hope I spoke that correctly, I'm not in the industry.)

Beta tester supreme

Beta tester supreme

i hear that :P

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

The game uses the Unreal Engine which is notorious for eating up virtual memory. It was back when it first came out and it still is. You can have 256 megs of ram or 2gigs of ram, it won't make any difference. The engines inherent flaws will leak out into your memory until the one game has taken up all your VM. There are many bonuses to using this engine, but this is the flaw.

Just do this simple test. If you are lagging, ask other players if they are lagging to, if everyone says they are fine, that it is your PC that is lagging, not the server.

DarkLord
    Lineage 2 Forum Moderator

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor

-Raptor

Originally posted by RaptorStorm

The game uses the Unreal Engine which is notorious for eating up virtual memory. It was back when it first came out and it still is. You can have 256 megs of ram or 2gigs of ram, it won't make any difference. The engines inherent flaws will leak out into your memory until the one game has taken up all your VM. There are many bonuses to using this engine, but this is the flaw.
    Just do this simple test. If you are lagging, ask other players if they are lagging to, if everyone says they are fine, that it is your PC that is lagging, not the server.

DarkLord
    Lineage 2 Forum Moderator

-Raptor

yeah i know it eats up VM really badly played one game where if i play for 3 hours my computer wouldn't restart without me hiting the restart button but anyways was just ask aobut other peopls system specs

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

I have a P4 2.4ghz 120GB hard drive, 512MB ram, a radeon 9200SE ( soon to be placed by a radeon 9800 pro) and i'm a little skeptic about running it on my PC.

Will mine run ok? It's my memory that bothers me the most.

FFXI- 30Warrior/13Monk
    Server- Lakshmi
    Linkshell- Drunken Chocobos (www.drunkchocobos.com)

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

It will run fine, all I am doing is giving out a warning that you may get lag in the game that seems like server lag but is really PC lag.

I have friends that run the game on less of a machine that what you have, so you will be fine, just when the memory start leaking you will need to re-boot (like all of us). = )

-Raptor

-Raptor

Yeah and TY for the Warning i take all this into consideration when playing a game when im underspecd heh